Options

1 Posts

01-03-2020

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

Forgot to add RMA number on return shipment, but there are *NO* support resources to contact

2020-01-03, 20:44 PM

I forgot to add my RMA number to the return of my laptop, and wanted to contact Lenovo to notify them. After browsing the website for a significant period of time, customercare@lenovo.com seemed to be the only email address that was actually for the type of problem I had. It wasn't a technical problem, it wasn't a sales problem. So I sent this email:

Hello there, I contacted customer support to help with a return on 12/26/2019. They helped make sure that the faulty x1 Carbon that I ordered on Dec 15th (Order#redacted)  was returnable with no S&H or restocking fee, and got me a return confirmation (I had placed a return online the day before, but got no email confirmation).

The RMA number for the return is RMA#redacted. I had a medical emergency over the weekend and wasn't able to print out the label and drop-off the order at a UPS store until Monday. In that time, I had completely forgotten to do step #3 of the RMA confirmation, which is to write the RMA number on the package.

I'm so sorry for the mistake. I'm contacting support as soon as I realized so that I can make sure this issue can be addressed somehow. Feel free to contact me back at this email address, and you may also send texts or leave messages at Phone#redacted. I don't answer calls on my phone, but I can call back if someone leaves a message.

Thank you!

Best,
—Nicholas

And here's the response I got:

Dear Nicholas,

Greetings and thanks for contacting Lenovo India.

We inform you to kindly reach out your regional support team as the support which you have contacted does solely handles Lenovo INDIA queries.

Please reach out to the contact details mentioned in below link

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/contact

Will appreciate your understanding.

Great, so the generic email address that has no regional specificity whatsoever is actually only for Lenovo India, and my support response is to link me back to a contact page that I've already read 5+ times and which has literally no useful infromation for the type of support I need. So I'm left to post on the forums. I've waited forever at the support call centers, and I just don't have the time to be put on hold anymore.

I have all of the information about my order, including RMA number, order number, and the UPS tracking number for my return; I can provide these to any admin who can help. Literally all I need is an email to send my original message to; if you can help me more directly than that it'd be appreciated, but I don't need that much.

Options

7804 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32434 Signins

1196700 Page Views

• Views: 1196700
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Forgot to add RMA number on return shipment, but there are *NO* support resources to contact

2020-01-05, 16:17 PM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

I can understand you are concerned but I would not be overly concerned; when the purpose of a delivery to the warehouse can't immediately be identified they will check against the serial number which will provide them with order and RMA information and then processed as necessary. The contact details for returns can be found on the following linked to site and, correct, there is no email address for follow up queries..
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/shopping-faq/#returns

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete