cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PigVomit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 1 of 1

GOODBYE, LENOVO! aka Your Customer Support is Horrible.

I've had two Lenovo Yoga laptops, the Yoga 2 Pro and the Yoga 900 13-ISK.  Not a cheap laptop.

My first Yoga developed a touchpad problem while still under warranty (10 months after purchase).  After TWO MONTHS of being in your service center and never being given an estimated repair date due to there being no replacement touchpads available (really?), I raised hell and you replaced it with my Yoga 900 13-ISK.  Which was nice of you, but horribly inconvenient.

My Yoga 900 developed a USB-C problem.....and I again went through the service nightmare.  At least the motherboard was in stock, because it was only a few months after I got the laptop.  But it took another month without a laptop before I got it back.

And while still under warranty, my touchpad developed the same loose double-clicking issue that my Yoga Pro 2 did, but I decided just to live with it because I was tired of being without a laptop and didn't want to send it off for another month or more (and, BTW, the touchpad was not in stock).

So then, while the laptop was only 18 months old, I closed the lid not realizing a small 1/2 inch grape stem....a GRAPE STEM.... was on the keyboard and it cracked my screen, rendering it unusable.  And, of course, there were no OEM screens in stock, new or refurb, and they hadn't been for months.  So I was forced to replace it with a subpar aftermarket counterfeit that bothers me everytime I use the laptop.  As of this time, there are some factory refurbs (which I suspect may really be aftermarket) available, but none new.

The final nail in the coffin was the Intel Management Engine firmware security issue.  Read here: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

Take a look at the Lenovo laptops that will be updated here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/len-17297

Do you see the two-year-old Lenovo Yoga 900 there?  No.  Even more ridiculous is that you don't see the Yoga 910 there either.  That laptop is only a year old.  And if you look at the support page, the majority of drivers listed are from 2015!  2015!

I've decided to get a new laptop and I seriously considered the Yoga 920....but after thinking about it and the horrible lack of customer support and replacement parts from Lenovo....goodbye, Lenovo.  I'm awaiting delivery of my HP Spectre x360.  At least I know that with HP there will be replacement parts available if problems arise and their software updates continue significantly longer than Lenovo's.  A similarly equipped Yoga costs several hundred dollars more than HP.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors