Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-17-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

35 Signins

192 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 192
  • Message 1 of 5

Great design - terrible support service and quality control

2017-02-28, 14:24 PM

Hello, it appears that there are major problems both with your customer service provision, and your quality control processes. I've determined from the volume of posts on this forum that my situation is not unique, nor is it limited to your UK operation.

I have have been unfortunate enough to purchase a faulty Yoga 510-14AST Laptop. Assuming at first that I had a software problem I spent weeks updating drivers, running diagnostics and cursing Windows anniversary update, however it eventually dawned on me that I had a hardware problem, as no software problem would manifest as freezing or BSODing every time you moved it slightly. A quick chat with your support line started the process of getting my laptop sent to Germany (really, no UK contractor?!) where it stayed for the best part of a month. Only on inquiring did I find out that the service centre had to send away for a part. No notification was sent. At this time I became expert in using your online repair status check, only to find it gave inaccurate and contradictory information. 

Finally , I received it back from repair, and it froze within six minutes of me starting it up! Clearlly , either no repair had been made, or that repair had not been checked before dispatch - although Status Repair documented that these things had been done. Incidentally, all posting had been done in the original packaging, so highly unlikely that it had got a new fault, identical to the old fault, in transit. 

I called up Lenovo again, and they asked me to send it back for more repair! At this point I suggested that it might be easier all around if they just credited me for a new machine (I like the machine. I just need it to work). Apparently this option is unavailable and I must send the laptop back. That was Feb 13th, and they only acknowledged receipt on the 24th of Feb, although UPS confirmed collection on the 16th (!?!) I assume they lost it temporarily.

Despite multiple phone conversations and webchats with very nice individuals who have no authority at all to offer a settlement, nor the ability to escalate my issue, still no updates. I have been without my laptop now for effectively the entire year so far if we include the time it was crashing every 20mins (if I didn't touch it other than gentle typing). 

In summary, the problems are

A: Quality control: you are shipping faulty products to market, and returning "repairs" unchecked. 

B: Byzantine and unresponsive customer support -almost impossible to reach a resolution. 

The perfect recipe for dissatisfied customers, and I believe the cause may well be an unmotivated and disillusioned workforce. The symptoms - poor quality control, inadequate and incomplete documentation, a frontline service with no power other than to defer. Pay attention, your design and innovation is to be admired, but the execution and subsequent service has to match that.

Sincerely hoping you can address these issues

Dr Bryn R Williams

Service requests:

Options

11570 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33040 Signins

1235115 Page Views

• Views: 1235115
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Great design - terrible support service and quality control

2017-03-01, 13:15 PM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

I was able to find out from colleagues that your system is repaired, the mainboard was replaced, and is currently being prepared for dispatch to you. If you haven't received it by the end of the week please do contact me in order that I may follow up again on your behalf.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

4 Posts

12-17-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

35 Signins

192 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 192
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-03-02, 11:56 AM

Hello Andy, I've just been on voice chat with one of your colleagues to ensure that the laptop was on its way. Sadly it has been sitting at the depot since yesterday morning, and UPS have still to pick it up. With the best will in the world, it is unlikely that I will recieve it by the end of this week. Also, can you enquire whether the connections that run through the hinges were checked, as this is a far more likely source of the freeze error than the motherboard. Can you confirm that if the repair has not resolved the problem when I finally receive it  that I would be entitled to a replacement machine? Other similar problems on this forum seem to have been  satisfactorily resolved this way.

Finally could you provide instructions here (as I'm sure others will be interested) about how I go about applying for compensation for the financial cost of being without my laptop for an extended period? 

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-03-02, 14:10 PM

to add to this review - 

Inrecently got a think pad. It's an okay laptop. But I was supposed to have Office loaded and it wasn't. Spoke to Customer Service and got a code to access software. Ended up having to load a trial. After a month, the trial expired. Called customer service for product code to activate and spent an hour with 3 different departments (after being told by third department they were the ones that were the relight department to speak with)!  This after repeating the same story over and over again to the other two departments!. Kept getting BS excuses for why I could not get product key. Even asked for refund and said I would purchase and was lied to and told the laptop was configured so that I could not purchase on my own. Total crap. I put a month subscription on for $8 since I had to do some work. I was fInally sent an email with instructions on how to put Office on after I insisted (they wanted me to wait a few days to resolve the issue). Will do it now and see if that works. 

'Terrible support - and the reps either lie or are incompetent. Will NEVER buy a Lenovo product again. The customer service is literally worse than Dell was many years ago (and Dell was really bad) and the think pad is really nothing special!

Options

11570 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33040 Signins

1235115 Page Views

• Views: 1235115
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-03-03, 18:04 PM

Hello myndworkz,

Unfortunately I have no access to actual repair reports and exactly what was carried out during a repair and am therfore not able to supply you with any specific details.  I was however able to find out from a colleague that your system was sent on it's way yesterday with UPS which I believe, and stand to be corrected, this should be a 3 working day service and therefore arrive with you most likely on Monday.

Again, unfortunately, I believe compensation is not something offered industry wide throughout the computer industry under such circumstances unless there are specific country laws requiring otherwise. Lenovo's warranty policies are available to view on the support site under the header Warranty & Repair.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms