Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imgroot
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 1 of 4

HORRIBLE tech support and warranty support

I have a Thinkpad T450s and it is just over a year old. It still has 3 more years of warranty. Edit: Warranty type: TPJ (This product has a four year limited warranty which includes a warranty upgrade. This product is entitled to parts and labor and is entitled to Depot service).

Recently the lenovo solution center gave an critical error for the HDD (Read test failure) and I submitted an online request reporting it. Without even sending me an email or contacting me, they sent me a new part and gave me zero information about it. Apparently every other person can replace a HDD now! 

I have created 3 more cases calling their tech support to send the laptop for a depo repair. Everytime the request is rejected 'at the vendor' according to the customer care. Neither the customer care people or tech support can tell me why. Every time they create a new case, tell me I will receive a depo bag nect day, and I dont receive anything, have to call depo customer care and on hold for minimum 40 minutes, only to hear that the case has been rejected they dont know why.

One tech support told me now I have to send the new part back before creating a new case, otherwise it will be rejected again. but he does not know how I can send the new part back. The return label sent to me was for the faulty HDD.

Can anyone help? What is the point of paying for warranty if I receive this type of service?

bo1953
Serial Port
Views: 271
Message 2 of 4

Re: HORRIBLE tech support and warranty support

You do not state which type of warranty you currently have, there are a few which will affect how TS will or can respond.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction...

T61, 6465, Vista
imgroot
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 3 of 4

Sorry I forgot to add that, updated it. The laptop has warranty for parts and labor and Depot service.

giraffepoop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 205
Message 4 of 4

LOL, the warranty support is just horrible.

I don't know why I even bothered buying it. 

Regarding my recent case, I have some sort of so called "technician" calling every day, saying that they would come to fix my laptop "tomorrow". And they never came. And I have to call again, and they would tell me they would come "tomorrow", and then I call again, and they will say "tomorrow".........

Top Kudoed Authors