Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 2,209
Message 1 of 7

HORRID Warranty Repair Service

A month ago (5/2/17), I sent my Thinkpad Yoga 14 (best buy version) to the depot for the following issues:

-Computer will not boot, continuously restarts with the error 0xc000021a and cannot fix
-Battery wears quickly, went from 8 hours to 5 hours of battery life within 3 months
-Discoloration on the left top corner of screen, where it should be black it looks green on startup
-Letter 'i" key is stiff on keyboard compared to other keys

I have spent the last month waiting on an internal battery parts hold from depot. I had the case escalated from depot to Lenovo in order to resolve the issue. The options I was given were:

1. Get a full refund in 5-7 MORE business days (meaning what you paid for the computer, pointless because I bought the computer at a discount)

2. Get computer replaced by the Yoga 460 (which does not have NVIDIA 940M like my machine, so a downgrade, not a replacement)

Neither of the options were sensible. Yesterday, I cancelled the depot request and received the machine today (6/1/17). After all this time, I expected that all the other issues (except for the battery ) were resolved. To my dismay, only ONE of those repairs was PARTIALLY resolved and the laptop was very dirty when I took it out of the box, as if someone was repairing it while eating. My computer boots up and I was able to set windows up again, but shockingly enough, Windows was NOT activated! The technicians replaced my hard drive, imaged it with Windows 10 Pro, and failed to activate it! Why did they wait one whole month for a battery that always had an unknown ETA and not complete the other repairs in that time!?  Is this how your one year "base warranty" works Lenovo?

I have been told now to send in my laptop AGAIN to just have windows activated and the other repairs completed. This is absolutely unacceptable! I need to file a complaint to someone higher up in Lenovo, higher than the NA Escalation case managers. If anyone could please let me know how to do this, I'd really appreciate it. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,167
Message 2 of 7

Re: HORRID Warranty Repair Service

Hello faheemersh, welcome to the Community,

I'm sorry to have to read about your experience and are continuing experiencing difficulties. In relation to the Windows activation there is a Microsoft tip which may or may not help you in this situation, perhaps you could review it in case it is relevant??

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023300/unable-to-reach-windows-activation-servers-error-af...

The NA Escalation case manager is the right person to be communicating with in this situation; they will know best which actions are available to resolve the situation. Please work with your case manager.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 2,144
Message 3 of 7

It has been very difficult to contact my case manager. He has not picked up in the last couple of days. I'm really frustrated with how Lenovo handled my case. I really want to speak with someone higher that can refund me enough to buy a new machine, otherwise there's no sense in sticking to Lenovo.

EDIT: I have also tried your solution. Unfortunately, it does not work and again, only my SSD was replaced, not the motherboard. 

faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 2,068
Message 4 of 7

My NA case manager successfully avoided me for the past two days and now gets the weekend to add on. He won't pick up my calls or respond to emails. Does anyone at Lenovo even care at this point??? 

faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 2,032
Message 5 of 7

My NA case number is 2950130. Case manager will not pick up my phone calls or respond to my emails. Can someone from Lenovo get a hold of him and tell him to call me? It's absolutely ridiculous that you guys are trying to replace my computer from Lenovo or CDW when you sell the computer ONLY AT BESTBUY.

Moderator note: employee name removed per Community Guidelines

faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 1,971
Message 6 of 7

It has been one whole week since my case manager responded to me. Not one moderator has bothered to take care of this issue even after I provided the NA case number; instead you decide to remove the name of the person responsible for delaying this case indefinitely. There seems to be no regard for my requests either. What kind of customer service is this???

faheemersh
Punch Card
Views: 1,841
Message 7 of 7

So after two grueling months, I finally received my replacement machine. About one month ago, I got a new case manager assigned to my NA case and I was offered a similar or better replacement. I sent in my Yoga 14 today and recieved the Yoga P40 as a replacement. 

So some lessons learned from this that hopefully will help some others out there if you're stuck waiting and am in a similar situation that I was in:

1. Be patient and know that if your computer isn't sold directly from Lenovo anymore, they can get you a BETTER computer than what you have now.

2. If you ever have to send a computer to Depot and you get a parts hold, make sure you escalate the case as soon as possible. NA case managers are willing to let you buy the part and replace it yourself (if you can) and they will even reimburse you for the part. 

3. REALLY think about whether or not you want to send in your computer to the depot if your computer has minor problems. You might be better off waiting to send in your computer if it's got minor issues and you can't really function without.

Good luck to everyone who's in a difficult situation. Thank you Lenovo for getting this resolved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors