Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 1 of 9

Help! Miix 320 being held hostage at repair depot... I am desperate.... Need any help I can get.

2018-09-15, 0:44 AM

My Miix 320 arrived at the depot on August 8th. Eventually I called on August 16th as I had not heard a thing about the Miix. Come to find out the screen was cracked which it was not when I sent it. I sent the Miix because it would not start… first the desktop vanished then the whole system would not start. I explained when I called that I did not send a cracked screen and had even taken pictures.  They escalated my ticket. (#03781242) and told me someone would contact me within three days. Nobody contacted me for quite some time. Eventually one day…. I got a voicemail message while I was teaching (I am a teacher) and I have returned the call many, many, many times since … even twice today and it said the mailbox is unavailable. Since, I have called customer service trying to speak to someone… and they gave me the escalation person’s email address and I have emailed numerous times and the escalation manager has still not gotten back to me.

In the meantime…… I have been sent a bill for the screen…. For which I replied with pictures of the screen in perfect condition before I mailed it so I got yet another escalation ticket. (#03786960) But nobody has contacted me about this escalation ticket, I have also had to purchase my daughter another laptop to take to college which is a huge burden on a teacher’s salary. I am at a loss…. I have done the following:

1.      Sent pictures of the screen in perfect condition prior to mailing on numerous occasions

2.      Called and emailed customer service only to be told the issue has been escalated.

3.      I have called and emailed the escalation manager without any luck many, many times.

4.      I realize as time goes by... my warranty is also going to run out if something is not done soon.

I have a Square Trade Warranty on my Miix so a cracked screen would not have been an issue for me…. I would have sent to them to be fixed (and would have had in back in no time at all!)  and I took photos before I sent it in perfect condition AND it had a heavy duty screen protector on it. I also padded the box especially well because I felt that Lenovo did not sentd enough substance when they sent their box.

My Miix is clearly being held hostage and I do not know what to do.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Thanks!

Options

8199 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32571 Signins

1203645 Page Views

• Views: 1203645
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Help! Miix 320 being held hostage at repair depot... I am desperate.... Need any help I can get.

2018-09-18, 17:42 PM

Sorry for not responding sooner and also sorry for your experience so far. I have reached out to your case manager and requested an update or that they update you directly soonest.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re: Help! Miix 320 being held hostage at repair depot... I am desperate.... Need any help I can get.

2018-09-18, 20:25 PM

Andy_Lenovo Thank you for responding. He did call today but called once again while I was in the middle of teaching a class of 7th graders. I unfortunately cannot leave 30 seventh graders to take a call from Lenovo. As soon as I had a break I picked up to phone and returned the call and got a voice mail. I left a message. I have called repeatedly since hoping to hear a human voice. No such luck. I am glad Greg called though. I was getting worried about him.

Can you advise on my next step? I have sent the image of the screen just prior to mailing in perfect condition on multiple occasions. In addition, as I indicated before if I did have a cracked screen I would have sent it to my Square Trade warranty and it would have been fixed and sent back in no time at all. They are extremely efficient. (Honestly, when I mailed my Miix to Lenovo I thought I was going to have a Square Trade Warranty experience…. Boy was I wrong!)

My Lenovo warranty is ticking away as my Miix sits in your depot.

What should I do? I just want my Miix back fixed. I have only had it since December and it was faulty. This is truly a horrible experience all the way around. Please help.

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2018-09-19, 14:48 PM

Update... Greg the escalation manage called this morning... while I was in class but I was able to take his call. He says he is handling the issues.. and having my Miis overnighted to me and will have my warranty extendy. I am leery but hopeful. I will keep you all posted. 

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-10-05, 16:51 PM

Spoke to Greg (escalation manager) on 9/17…. He said that the machine would be fixed and overnighted to me. WELLLLLLLLL…. I have yet to see the machine. Here is the latest update I can find.

"9/27/2018,

4:00:41 PM

GREAT NEWS!!! We have successfully repaired your machine! After a final quality check and cleaning we will ship your machine back to you.

9/27/2018, 4:00:41 PM Service ticket closed on 0001-01-01"

But I have no tracking number or anything and have not received my machine.

Any suggestions? I have tried to call and email the escalation manager with no response.

Keep in mind my Miix has been at your facility for TWO MONTHS!!!!

Just to give you some perspective. My son’s iPhone had an issue. I called on Sunday night 9/30. They sent me to UPS Store to mail on Monday 10/1 and I already have the phone back in my hands as of this morning. Today is 10/5. It was shipped to and from and fixed in less than a week. Lenovo needs to take some lessons. (Just saying…. Two months versus less than a week!!!)

Help!

Options

8199 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32571 Signins

1203645 Page Views

• Views: 1203645
  • Message 6 of 9

2018-10-05, 18:27 PM

Hello,

I've reached out again on your behalf because I don't see any inbound emails in the case notes which is puzzling as I'm sure your case manager would have responded; the last communication I see is from 09/27 as you have stated. Again, sorry for this and thank you for posting again and bringing this to my attention.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-10-07, 10:55 AM

Andy_Lenovo I think I am confused.... There have been calls and an email from me recently and an abundance before that.......but is that my responsibility? Is that why I do not have my device because you do not see any incoming emails? I can email more if you think that would help.

I have waited patiently after speaking to Greg and hearing that my device would be repaired I trusted the process. He said it would be fixed and sent overnight to me. I kept checking on my Lenovo account and saw on 9/19 that a part was needed and they were waiting for it. (Not sure why they did not get the part in July when it was accepted at the depot???). Again I patiently waited…. Once I saw on 9/27 that it was fixed and there was no tracking number or any information about when it would be mailed I called Greg (Escalation Manager) I left a message at 9/27 at 7:39 am and again on 10/1 at 1:00 when I did not hear back from him. I then emailed Greg and casemanager@lenovo.com on 10/4 at 11;29 when I still had not heard anything. I can send you a screen shot if you would like.

I just want my device. I do not want to have to be the one to call, email, beg, plead or anything any longer.  

Can you tell me where the device is? When it will be mailed? Is there a tracking number?

It has been TWO MONTHS and the device in under warranty. I am not sure what else I should be doing Andy_Lenovo but if you have some suggestions that would be fantastic.

Take care.

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2018

US

45 Signins

241 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2018-10-25, 13:14 PM

Just informing you that finally I was notified that my Miix was lost or unaccounted for as I suspected all along. A new Miix was sent and arrived. Only took over two months of frustration.... but at least the ordeal is finally over! 

Options

1 Posts

11-14-2018

US

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-11-14, 0:57 AM

Refresh... Greg the heightening oversee called at the beginning of today... while I was in class yet I could accept his call. He says he is taking care of the issues.. what's more, having my Miis overnighted to me and will have my guarantee extendy. I am suspicious however this confident. I will update all of you as often as possible.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete