Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinto007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 368
Message 1 of 4

Hinge Design flaw in Lenovo Y50-70 back panel-customer needs to Pay for this

Hello,

I had brought lenovo y50-70 (Serial Number: CB********)  with lots of hope and its vanishing away because of lenovo design fault and its service.

After 5 to 6 months of the usage suddenly clittering sound started  coming from LCD panel and after 2 moths all i could see is LCD panel is coming out of the back panel frame.

I visited the service centre I was shocked to hear from them that it is an accidental damage , It happened because of improper opening & closing and its not covered under standard warranty.

I have found many similar cases online where panel broke because of strong force exerted by the Metal hinge on plastic panel.

If a regular laptop use leads to this damage, how it became an accidential damage I dont understand.
Now i need to pay for the design defects in their product, who cannot do a good backpanel fixing.

There is no gurranty that if i replace it, it will not break again.

Its poor service from Lenovo side who cannot admit that they had fault in the design and replace the component.
I hope please look into these things before you buy Y50-70 or any other model. 

Admin note;  s/n edited to prevent possible abuse.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 290
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hinge Design flaw in Lenovo Y50-70 back panel-customer needs to Pay for this

Hello Pinto007, welcome to the community,

If you would like to dispute the conclusions of a support partner you may always contact support and request them to review the decision of the service partner. Please also ask them to refer to internal document SF15-I0004. 

English and Hindi
(Primary) 1800-419-7555 (Tata) (Secondary) 1800-3000-5366 (Reliance)

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Pinto007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 269
Message 3 of 4

Re: Hinge Design flaw in Lenovo Y50-70 back panel-customer needs to Pay for this

Hello Andy,

I tried the option as you mentioned below, no luck for me as they are mentioning that my laptop has international warranty and it does not cover the replacement.
Thanks for the suggestion but still i am an unhappy customer and you lost a customer and his loyalty to the company.
I will never buy anything branded LENOVO and make sure that none of friends or relative buy your product.

If 1000€ laptop does not have good quality what i can expect from the company.
Good bye Lenovo.

Regards,
Prajwal 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 265
Message 4 of 4

Hi Prajwal,

I'd like to look a little deeper into this, could you please send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.; +
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors