Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 7 (2,526 Views)

Horrible Lenovo Customer Support

[ Edited ]

Having read through the previous posts in the forum, I realize now that it is not uncommon to have a horrible customer support experience with Lenovo. My ongoing expeience is as follows.

I had contacted Lenovo support regarding an issue with my Flex 3 laptop, due to which it was not charging. After some initial analysis over phone, they said that they would send a new charger. After 5 days I received a new charger and it did not solve the issue.

The nightmare starts from then. I contacted support and mentioned that the replacement charger did not fix the issue and asked them to send a technician to my home(I have purchased 1 year in-home warranty)

After following up daily for a week, I get a response that parts are not available. Who on earth can beleive that they do not have parts for a laptop that i just purchased 6 months(and has a manufacturing date of Dec 2015)? These laptops can still be bought from stores... So how exactly are they making these laptops if they are out of parts????

After some back and forth with the customer support, they agreed to escalate to Customer Relations Team(supposedly their highest escalation point). I was told that somebody will contact me within 3 business days. The next day I got an email saying that a case manager has been assigned and that I will be contacted the next business day. It is now 3 business days past the date of escalation and nobody has contacted me yet.

It is so frustrating to not be able to use my laptop for 2+weeks even though I have paid for in-home warranty.

Looking at the past experiences, I see the same template. wherein initially they say that the parts are not available and then their bogus case managers are not reachable at all. 

Admin note; content edited to comply with Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 7 (2,399 Views)

Re: Horrible Lenovo Customer Support

I submitted a complaint to Better Business Bureau. Let's see if that will make a difference

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 7 (2,373 Views)

I agree. My experience sounds almost EXACTLY like yours. I would like to know if anyone has filed a legal case against Lenovo as well. Because of the time and money I have lost, my next call is to the Better Business Bureau.
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 7 (2,373 Views)

I am interested to hear about your progress. Please update your post with any new information after connecting with the BBB...

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 7 (2,280 Views)

[ Edited ]

Update: I received a call from Lenovo Case Manager today(9/13). 

I was told that they still dont have an ETA for replacement parts. I was given an alternate option of getting a replacement laptop of equal or better configuration. 

I was also told that I would be getting a brand new laptop and not a refurbished one.

I sincerely hope that they follow up their offer(rather satisfactory) to completion and not subject it to further delays

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 7 (2,245 Views)

I did receive a tracking number for the replacement laptop and it is on its way. I would consider this closed for now....
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 7 (1,451 Views)

Hay , i have a big issue with my yoga 900 , after 11 months vertical lines on the screen. Bought this unit from Amazon. Call Lenovo sent for reparation. After 1 month receive letter from Service Dept . Unit can't be repair. I have to contact my selves Amazon. Perpaps they payback. Seemes bad com. Amazon ask me to send back the unit. So far after 2 months Lenovo never call or make the necessary. Amazon don't care. I think this 2 brands don't care on customers. After more than 2 months still without pc...

Top kudoed Authors