Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmatthew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,449
Message 1 of 10

Horrible Lenovo Customer Support

Having read through the previous posts in the forum, I realize now that it is not uncommon to have a horrible customer support experience with Lenovo. My ongoing expeience is as follows.

I had contacted Lenovo support regarding an issue with my Flex 3 laptop, due to which it was not charging. After some initial analysis over phone, they said that they would send a new charger. After 5 days I received a new charger and it did not solve the issue.

The nightmare starts from then. I contacted support and mentioned that the replacement charger did not fix the issue and asked them to send a technician to my home(I have purchased 1 year in-home warranty)

After following up daily for a week, I get a response that parts are not available. Who on earth can beleive that they do not have parts for a laptop that i just purchased 6 months(and has a manufacturing date of Dec 2015)? These laptops can still be bought from stores... So how exactly are they making these laptops if they are out of parts????

After some back and forth with the customer support, they agreed to escalate to Customer Relations Team(supposedly their highest escalation point). I was told that somebody will contact me within 3 business days. The next day I got an email saying that a case manager has been assigned and that I will be contacted the next business day. It is now 3 business days past the date of escalation and nobody has contacted me yet.

It is so frustrating to not be able to use my laptop for 2+weeks even though I have paid for in-home warranty.

Looking at the past experiences, I see the same template. wherein initially they say that the parts are not available and then their bogus case managers are not reachable at all. 

Admin note; content edited to comply with Community Guidelines.

thomasmatthew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,289
Message 2 of 10

Re: Horrible Lenovo Customer Support

I submitted a complaint to Better Business Bureau. Let's see if that will make a difference

Highlighted
marquis_allen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,263
Message 3 of 10

I agree. My experience sounds almost EXACTLY like yours. I would like to know if anyone has filed a legal case against Lenovo as well. Because of the time and money I have lost, my next call is to the Better Business Bureau.
marquis_allen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,263
Message 4 of 10

I am interested to hear about your progress. Please update your post with any new information after connecting with the BBB...

thomasmatthew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,170
Message 5 of 10

Update: I received a call from Lenovo Case Manager today(9/13). 

I was told that they still dont have an ETA for replacement parts. I was given an alternate option of getting a replacement laptop of equal or better configuration. 

I was also told that I would be getting a brand new laptop and not a refurbished one.

I sincerely hope that they follow up their offer(rather satisfactory) to completion and not subject it to further delays

thomasmatthew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,135
Message 6 of 10

I did receive a tracking number for the replacement laptop and it is on its way. I would consider this closed for now....
Rop1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,341
Message 7 of 10

Hay , i have a big issue with my yoga 900 , after 11 months vertical lines on the screen. Bought this unit from Amazon. Call Lenovo sent for reparation. After 1 month receive letter from Service Dept . Unit can't be repair. I have to contact my selves Amazon. Perpaps they payback. Seemes bad com. Amazon ask me to send back the unit. So far after 2 months Lenovo never call or make the necessary. Amazon don't care. I think this 2 brands don't care on customers. After more than 2 months still without pc...

Paul786
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 8 of 10

Having a horrible Lenovo customer support experience - bought a new Yoga 720-12IKB from Best Buy for my daughter (freshman in college). It must have been a lemon - Burned out within about a month and a half. Sent to Lenovo who took a week to determine the motherboard is burned out. Said that motherboard for this model on back order - no date could be provided when the part may arrive.  Said to call after 9 days to escalate to request a replacement. Did so - they said we would be assigned a case manager usually within 24 hours, but at most 3 biz days. Called multiple times and but each time I am provided with different information (case manager was assigned, then another time no case manager is assigned, someone will call me, and then email). Got nothing. After 7th call, am told case manager was assigned yesterday (10 days later) - I do not really believe it. Now I have again to wait 3 biz days for case manager to call me back, so I can ask them to send a replacement. Meanwhile daughter at college taking finals - no laptop. Lenovo has no ability to tell when the part may come in, when it could be fixed, and they lie with respect to the timing of getting anyone with ability to make decisions to call you back.  First level support is pretty much useless - hands are tied. Seems like they are just playing a waiting game hoping you give up. 

Also, they do not move the warrenty expiration date. So, at this point we have had the laptop 1.5 months, and for 3.5 weeks it has been broken and at lenovo.  Warrent expiration date stays fixed. 

I call that horrible support. Very frusturated. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 43
Message 9 of 10

Hello Paul, welcome to the Community,

I'd like to see if we can find out what is happening for you. Could I ask you to please post your service case number? Please do not post any personal information, if needed that will be requested.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Paul786
Paper Tape
Views: 34
Message 10 of 10

Andy, 

The case number is: 8012096286

Looking forward to getting this resolved 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale