cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akuthiala
Fanfold Paper
Views: 420
Message 1 of 3

Horrible support from Lenovo service center in Delhi (India)

I have a new Lenovo P50 which was purchased for me by a friend while visiting US. Since the beginning there have been problems with touchpad not working. I took the laptop to Lenovo's authorised service centre in Delhi twice, and both times was disappointed because the technician refused to look at the laptop making one excuse or the other.

During the first visit, this guy was not sure if P50 was covered under international warranty in India and wanted me to provide a proof that it was. I got in touch with Lenovo customer support and below is the email response I received.

Hi,

This is in response to your request. We want to inform you that all think products come under IWS. So, your product is also under warranty and you will get services in India.

Your system is having carry in warranty, so please go to service center for any services you required.

Thanks
Lenovo

I was astonished by this reply, because this is something I thought the technician ought to know or could have found out easily without asking me to get this information myself (and wasting my entire day).

I went to the service centre the second time with this email, and this time he drops another set of requirements on me. He wanted the original invoice for the laptop along with a copy of passport of the person whose name is on the invoice, without which he will not even look at the laptop.

This laptop was purchased from Amazon US and I had the soft copy of the invoice with me (which I understand is considered as original invoice for all purposes) but the lenovo guy refused to accept it. Incidentally, he had checked the soft copy of the invoice during my first visit, but made no mention of original that time.

It is a three hour commute from my house to the service centre so I have wasted two full days on this, and I don’t even know about the problem with my laptop.

Can someone from Lenovo support confirm that the above documents are indeed required to claim warranty and a soft copy from Amazon is not accepted as a valid proof of purchase? I had not taken the hard copy of the invoice from my friend as I thought the soft copy will be sufficient. If I am unable to retrieve the hard copy now, would that mean that I cannot claim the warranty now?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 318
Message 2 of 3

Re: Horrible support from Lenovo service center in Delhi (India)

Hello Akuthiala, welcome to the community,

products and services offered may vary from country to country and in some countries a proof of purchase may be required.  The following links explain Lenovo Warranty Polices and Service Agreements, please ensure you select those for your location and manufacture date;

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/warrantylookup/warrantypolicy

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/documents/ht101058

On the following IWS site you can look up the international warranty entitlement for your system in different countries, you will be required to enter your system model (P50) and the type number (e.g. 20EN). You will then be able to select the country you are currently located in which in turn will present you with contact phone number(s) in order for you to contact service and submit a service request; they will inform you of any requirements and be able to open a service case for you when all requirements have been met.

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/iwslookupthink

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Akuthiala
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 3 of 3

Re: Horrible support from Lenovo service center in Delhi (India)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply and the links you provided. I will raise a service request to recomfirm the documents required.

Anshul

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors