Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rgbrgb2001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 496
Message 1 of 4

Horrific Customer Support End of my Thinkpad era

I have just sent a thinkpad back for repair for the first time in over 20 years of owning  Thinkpad.  I have had 8 thinkpad  series laptops in my time as well as a few desktops and now lenovo phones. I am absolutely horrified with the diabolical Thinkpad support. This is meant to be business level support. I feel like I am phoning up Curry's.  Laptop sent back with hard disk in it and I am being told now that it "turned up without a hard disk in it". Now undercurrent of me lying. Original problem had not been assessed and I still don't have my laptop back after 3 weeks. Customer service agents just tell you anything they want to get you off the phone. I suppose all things come to an end but my loyalty to the Thinkpad brand is probably over now.  I am sure I am not the first. Has anyone else come across this?

R_Miller
Punch Card
Views: 455
Message 2 of 4

Re: Horrific Customer Support End of my Thinkpad era

Oh, yes. I'm going through something similar over the last few weeks. 

Here is my thread on it.

Been updating it every week. All I ever get is blown off no matter who I talk to. Good luck getting your situation resolved. I'm guessing it was sent to their depot in Tennessee?

Rgbrgb2001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 3 of 4

Re: Horrific Customer Support End of my Thinkpad era

I have no idea where it was sent. Thinkpad service like this would never have happened under IBM. I am utterly gobsmacked by your experience and my own.

Highlighted
Rgbrgb2001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 386
Message 4 of 4

Terrible Thinkpad Support Premium Prices for Sub-Standard Support. Business users avoid now.

Businees users avoid.  I have had 7 X or T series Thinkpads as well as 3 Think Desktops. Expensive machines but I pay extra for reliability and business customer support. The first time of using the warranty repair after having 18 years of owning a machine under a business warranty I have had a  horrific experience. 

In summary my hybrid Thinkpad laptop wont wake up properly so I sent it back for repair 4 weeks ago fully intact.
During repair process I was informed that there was no hard disk in the machine, with the insinuation that i had not sent it and as such no fault could be assessed or found. I contested the missing hard disk issue but was fobbed off.

After 3 weeks and 11 phone calls I neogtiated for the machine to be returned. Lo and behold it has turned up with my my original hard disk still inside. Completely contradicting the repair depot. What’s more the original problem persists and the laptop has been sent back with 2 missing screws on the back.

I pay extra for ThinkPad’s reliability and business level support. This is the first Thinkpad I have ever had a problem with and my first experience of customer warranty service has been time consuming as well as totally ineffective. I think my 18 yr run of thinkpad owenership may be coming to an end. Not a brand I would advise now for the serious business user now.

Top Kudoed Authors