cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustAName1
Serial Port
Views: 264
Message 1 of 4

How do I get Lenovo Support to respond? (re the Dual/multi-login Rundll cpu problem)

Hi

I filled-in a support request 2016-09-29, I got an automated response and then a day later I got a reply requesting more information with the case marked "Solved".

Well:

1) The web form has two fields to describe the problem, but both are limited to 255 characters. Hardly enough write a couple of sentences, let alone describe a complex computer problem. But as I had already descried the problem here on the forum I included a link!

2) The reply I got said "Can you please respond to this email with more details on the fault you are having?" and showed the case marked as "Solved"! I find this level of stupidity insulting.

3) Anyway,  the email says I can reply within seven days to reopen the case, so I replied to say I didn't know more details other than those in the linked post and that I would like to know why the support fields are limited to 255 characters. 

Since then, and despite two email follow-ups, I have had NO RESPONSE.

So what am I meant to do?

Is this typical of Lenovo Support?

Cheers

Ivan151
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get Lenovo Support to respond? (re the Dual/multi-login Rundll cpu problem)

Instead of investing into TV ads they could invest to a better customer support really.

JustAName1
Serial Port
Views: 166
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do I get Lenovo Support to respond? (re the Dual/multi-login Rundll cpu problem)

2016-10-17 Update - Still not fixed.

I finally got a response from Lenovo Support, ie over two weeks after initial useless reply.

Unfortunately I was given instructions that can't be followed, ie to first remove and then reinstall (from supplied link) the "Lenovo Mode Control" (LMC).

The instructions can't be followed as the LMC is not shown in Programs and Features as described in the email - well actually the email referred to "add or remove program" (sic) , which is of course the old WinXP-days name for "Programs and Features" used in Win7 and onward, you'd think that a well-trained support engineer would be more aware of current terminology?

I wonder how long before I get a follow-up to my reply requesting further guidance.

Very very disappointed so far, and yet more time wasted of course.

Cheers

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 159
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

if you are unhappy with the support you have received or are receiving you have the option to escalate your issue. You can do this by contacting normal support for your product and requesting the agent to do this on your behalf.

To contact support please visit the following link and then select your product, you should then be presented with the contact details.

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/supportphonelist_full

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors