Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 1 of 14

How do you get someone that cares on the phone regarding unshipped order

I ordered a laptop on a Thursday, it arrived the next day because I needed it and paid for next day delivery. The computer had a screen issue so, after multiple calls, problems and incomptetance, I finally got a replacement order set-up.

The replacement is now numerous days past when it was "supposed" to ship. When I call I'm told it will ship that day and it never does - they just tell me what I want to hear and case managers never email when they say they will or answer emails. There is major issues at Lenovo

I'm absolutely done with Lenovo forever and am cancelling the order in the morning so I can order elsewhere and hopefully have a computer over a week after I needed one.

I can only imagine the horrors in store for me in trying to cancel this AND get a refund on my credit card. Is there any specific way to contact Lenovo where the cancellation and refund might actually be done right?

I've never been so frustrated by a customer service department before!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 406
Message 2 of 14

Re: How do you get someone that cares on the phone regarding unshipped order

Hi Unhappy74.

Definitely, not the kind of experience we want you to have. Could you send us the following details listed below via private note? You may send it to the Lenovo Support (Administrator Profile) here in our community forums.

Customer's name:
Phone number:
Email address:
Order number:
Date of purchase:
Escalation number:

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 394
Message 3 of 14

Okay. I will send. I'm hoping maybe someone on here cares. I will update this thread either to say I was helped or once again let down.
Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 348
Message 4 of 14

Folks, so far I have heard crickets. Piece of advice for consumers - if you get shipped a faulty computer from Lenovo just send it back and cancel completely because, if you, like me are naive enough to think they can handle shipping you a replacement in anything even close to a timely manner, you will be sorely disappointed - just like me. They lack the customer service skills to be of help. They will promise what  you want to hear, but the promises will never happen.

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 313
Message 5 of 14

Still no reply from the Lenovo person who pretended to care on here with the above reply. My pm has gone unanswered.

So, I tried calling customer service one last time. This time I was told that they make no promises of when anything will ship on a replacement shipment. They can't tell me if this will ship tomorrow, next week or next year despite the order being set-up and the laptop being in stock. It seems replacement orders get lowest priority.

Clearly, I just need to cancel my order and stop banging my head against the wall. Then if needed cancel my credit card payment -  if (more likely when)  they don't reverse it themselves. I also suggest nobody accept a replacement order when you get a computer with an issue. They don't care how long you go without a computer. They don't seem to care about anything at all. I'm sure Dell or HP will ship me one much faster.

Sad.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 291
Message 6 of 14

Re:

Hello Unhappy74,

Thanks for writing back.

We have received the information that you have sent to us, we have also responded to your message over at Facebook so we can continue there. We will be escalating the concern for replacement with our Customer relations management team. We can continue the conversation on Facebook if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 7 of 14

Re: Re:

Update - I did 20 minutes ago get an email that they had "escalated' this. I was told back on Tuesday it had been escalated.....then again Wednesday....this escalation came with an email so it must be real....right?

I'm sure Lenovo would prefer I not continue to update this thread and keep communications s private on Facebook but I started this tread and will be updating it until either I cancel the order or they ship it.

As of now, I've been told they are not obligated to ship the replacement in any time frame reasonable or not. They can't say for sure when or if it will ship.

I'm morbidly curious what happens with this escalation so, I'm going to wait the 24 hours - I'm a glutton for punishment.

UPDATE - Jack reached out on Facebook to tell me I had a complaint number. Sure seems like a lot of work and wasted time when the solution is simple  - ship the Purchase order with the computer that is in stock. Red tape is abound.

I will let everyone know what happens tomorrow!

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 8 of 14

Update - Received an email by someone supposedly named "Amy". Amy says that she is working on my order but that despite the fact the computer shows inventory of the laptop nobody can find one at the warehouse level to ship. She supposedly will get back to me again by 1pm with another update.

Hopefully, if they still don't have anything in hand to ship at 1pm she will help me get the order cancelled because I'm extremely leary of cancelling using the order portal because this forum is drowning in horror stories involving that process not working out. Most of these stories end in no refund (or a shipment weeks later) and then collections once the customer gets fed up with the back and forth and has the credit card company reverse charges.

I really don't understand how this company stays in business given their countless customer service nightmare stories .

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 175
Message 9 of 14

Update - Shortly after Noon I emailed Amy and told her if the computer has not been located and shipped, I'd like her to help me cancel the order completely and accurately so I can move on and not carry on with this.

She quickly replied that supposedly the laptop I ordered was located and she is just waiting for the tracking #. I'm not sure if this is true or if she is just trying to keep me on the hook longer. I responded that false promises have been a problem with Lenovo all week so, I'd like a tracking number in 2 hours or I would like her assistance in cancelling the order as I'd earlier requested. She agreed to that in a response.

Guess I will know by days end. To be continued......

Unhappy74
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 10 of 14

Update - I was sent a UPS tracking number. It is not tracking yet via UPS but that could be because it has yet to be picked up. I'm supposed to see the shipment tomorrow. Will update this thread either way.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors