Lubbock

94 Signins

1235 Page Views

• Views: 1235
  • Message 1 of 9

How long did it take to refund your money?- Solved

2010-06-29, 15:13 PM

Hey everyone here,

Good news to share with you guys.I received my refund much faster than what I thought. 

I canceled my order for L412, because I placed my new order for X201.After I received my L412, I sent it right away to Lenovo's return center in NC using the RMA # that I got from Customer Service.Actually my system got shipped to WHITSETT- Lenovo's return center on 25th-June and today 29th-June when I checked my bank balance, my refund has already been there since yesterday.It only took just 3 days to get my refund back.  I once bought two ipods from Amazon, it took more than one week to refund my money. I was worried about Lenovo' Customer Service because of negative opinions I had read. Now I am sure lenovo' customer service is as good as the quality of its thinkpads.Thanks lenovo.

Options

370 Posts

05-20-2008

Thunder Bay, Canada

381 Signins

8794 Page Views

• Views: 8794
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: How long did it take to refund your money?- Solved

2010-07-19, 14:42 PM

glad to hear.

Keep in mind for anybody considering Lenovo.  You'll come here and hear alot of complaining about the CS, but remember, people with good experiences will rarely mention it.  Only the bad experiences.  Lots of good cases will go unnoticed.  Thanks for mentioning this though.

-amace

T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Options

4 Posts

07-13-2012

Texas

10 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 9

2012-07-13, 5:04 AM

What phone number did you call, or how did you contact Lenovo? Because I am owed a refund and am getting the royal runaround. They've already admitted that they did receive the laptop, and claim they issued a refund, but I DIDN'T GET IT.  I've spent a total of 135 minutes (over 2 hours!!) on hold today (by phone and chat) and in return got NO help at all.

I was told that--despite what PayPal was telling me--I HAD been issued a refund. I asked for a transaction # for that refund. No deal. The rep claimed absolute ignorance regarding transaction #'s. Finally, by chat, I he/she/it told me I'd be emailed a copy of my refund invoice. He wouldn't give me what PayPal told me to get from him/her: that transaction #. But it was an invoice for my REFUND; I confirmed this, and he repeated it.

What he (ashlesh.h@thinkteamlenovo.com) emailed me was my PURCHASE invoice. No mention anywhere of a refund

I'm still trying to believe that Lenovo has some integrity, and that I only need to get in contact with someone who actually gives a **bleep** to get this $800 mix-up resolved...but I'm losing hope and am wondering if it will take a lawyer. God, I hope not...

So, what number do I need to call, or who do I need to email in order to find someone capable of helping me???

Options

9351 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 4 of 9

2012-07-13, 5:01 AM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

75 Posts

03-07-2012

Morrisville, NC

714 Signins

6613 Page Views

• Views: 6613
  • Message 5 of 9

2012-07-13, 13:59 PM

Hey mlunbery,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting the answers you need in regards to your refund. I am sending you a PM for more details to get some assistance for you.

Best Regards,

Ty

Options

4 Posts

07-13-2012

Texas

10 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 6 of 9

2012-07-13, 14:22 PM

Thank you for your reply, but...

What does that mean? Based on my experience yesterday, all the polite "I would be so happy to help you with that" (followed by no help whatsoever), I'm becoming a bit cynical.

I have not received a PM. --And anyway, I don't even know what a PM is, or how it's going to help me.

I need a clear explanation of what happened--i.e. a refund invoice or a PayPal transaction # for that refund--and an explanation of what needs to happen now.

Options

9351 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 7 of 9

2012-07-14, 18:57 PM

A PM is a Personal Message.  At the top of the page you should see an envelope in the top right corner under the search button.  If the envelope is red it means you have new and unread messages in your in-box.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

1 Posts

07-31-2012

Chandler, AZ

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 8 of 9

2012-07-31, 15:38 PM

I too think I am getting the run around. I bought a laptop that died the second time I turned it on, so I, after a long wait, finally got a RMA. Sent it back, and Lenovo received it on the 20th. I found out about Chat's existance, so I talked with them last week and they said the refund would post it that day, and it would depend on my bank when I would see it. Then I waited (my bank never takes more than two days to show a refund, they're very quick on their end) and I contacted them yesterday. They then said the refund posted on Sunday (why not on the day they told me it did?) I could be wrong, but this very much feels like a run around. I want to know why Lenovo has had my laptop returned, confirmed too, for 11 days. It seems a little excessive to be still waiting for a refund.

Options

1 Posts

09-24-2019

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 9

2019-09-24, 6:10 AM

I sent the laptop back 2 weeks ago. I spoke to some guy named "AL" who told me I would have the money in my account by this past Friday. Friday rolls around, no money. I call back again (this is my 5th,45 min call about the matter) and ask what is going on, why was promised my money and it's not here. I get this incompetent man who just makes excuses and says "you have your money" which caused me to get angry, because I DON'T have my 1,500 back. Then he says "well sir what do you want me to do?"

"I WANT YOU TO DO YOUR JOB". the worst customer service I swear.

Another guy, named "Ed" kept making excuses and saying I have my money despite me assuring him I do not. He wouldn't let me talk to his manager, first he protested why I should need to talk to him, then he lied about his manager not being available. Then he tells me "OK sir well have a nice day" and waits for me to hang up so I won't be able to do the post call survey. I say "why are you still on the line?"

He says "oh I'm just trying to find the manager" 

"... I thought you said the manager isn't available. Aren't you just hoping I will hang up so I don't complete the survey?"

"sir it's your choice to do that" 

"yeah I know it is, can you end the call please so I can complete the survey about this awful customer service?"

It's like they look for people with the absolute worst social skills and go "oh you're perfect". Lenovo is a terrible company and they are withholding my 1,500. MSI is leagues better and I have had a much more pleasant experience with them. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete