Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-07-2020

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 121 of 195

Re:How to Complain to Lenovo

2020-12-07, 4:09 AM

I had similar experience and want to formally write a complaint to Lenovo Hong Kong.

I bought the Ideapad flex5 around 2 weeks and never used the USB port before. When I tried to plug my mouse, it cannot recognize it. I called the service team and they asked me to plug another side to try. I got the same response. The online service team asked me to back up my files and call them again for re-install Windows. I followed their instructions and completed the reinstallation. Problem still exists. They send a technician to my home for checking. The technician use a torch to see the ports and said I damaged it. Need to get a quotes before the repair... finally I got the quote and it says I have to change my motherboard. It costs more than half of the computer price (Gosh!!). I can't imagine how I damaged the ports. I am just following the service team for the instruction. 

Now, the team just closed the case without my agreement. I would like to write a formal complaint? This is a defect! 

Options

10 Posts

11-18-2020

Switzerland

15 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 122 of 195

2020-12-07, 12:03 PM
Sharzi, I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is the worst! Lenovo goes out of their way to prevent you from getting a complaint through - two months on and I am still being fobbed off. And no way to get to management at all - it is setting me up to file in court against them in my country. Basically, they are taking your money, and my money, and doing nothing to encourage you ever to want to deal with or buy from them again.
Options

1 Posts

12-07-2020

India

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 123 of 195

2020-12-07, 13:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

Lenovo happens to have the worst customer service till date period. My story with the company is so terrible, I advise every soul out there to refrain from buying a Lenovo laptop. I ordered a Lenovo Ideapad S540 through Amazon, which later started developing problems due to unknow reasons. Since, the laptop still had warranty I was able to visit the service center and ask for a resolution. To my surprise, the engineer there told me software fix for a hardware problem. Nevertheless, I went through and as expected it still didn't resolve the issue. The second time around I persisted and asked them to take a look at the SSD and the motherboard. They finally replaced it and as expected it didn't resolve the issue again. I tried scheduling a remote service through the online support channel, all the three agents did some basic troubleshooting and disconnected the call wantedly. I'm helpless and my investment of 65,000 Rs. on a laptop from a company which has the worst replacement policy in the history of electronics. First ten days for replacing a device which might incur hardware issues later, Are you kidding me ? I request all the higher officials to take a look into this matter and resolve it as soon as possible. As the days go by I seriously contemplate my decision of buying a laptop from a company which doesn't care about its customers. Disappointed!

Regards,

Rohit Kumar

Admin note: private information redacted

Options

10 Posts

11-18-2020

Switzerland

15 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 124 of 195

Worst customer service ever!

2020-12-07, 14:23 PM
Amen brother. I called Digital River today, who handles Lenovo customer service for Europe, and they gave me the runaround and then said, "oh, we have something we will send you, it should clear it all up." They sent me back a PDF of my original order, which I had sent to them with my original complaint. Even had my post marking on it. So, great, it shows that I order what I ordered. Thanks, I know what I ordered. But they still won't fix sending me the wrong thing. HERE IS HOW CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SUPPOSED TO WORK: "HELLO, I HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU SENT ME THE WRONG ITEM." "OH, SO SORRY SIR, THAT IS A MISTAKE ON OUR PART. WE WILL RECTIFY IT IMMEDIATELY." AFTER THAT, WITHIN TWO DAYS I RECEIVE AN RMA, A PAID SHIPPING LABEL AND THE CORRECT ITEM HAS BEEN DISPATCHED WITH A NOTE OF APOLOGY. THAT IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IN A GROWN UP AND ORGANISED COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY CARES TO HAVE SOMETHING APPROACHING CUSTOMER LOYALTY. Simple, yes? Now, two months in and all I can think of is that I will tell everyone I know, and since I work in media, that is a LOT of people, to never buy products from Lenovo or Motorola because their customer service is the worst in the world. Further, I will ask the consumer investigation show, Kassensturz, to have a look into it. Let 8 million people (their viewership) know not to deal with anything to do with Lenovo or Digital River.
Options

1 Posts

12-07-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 125 of 195

2020-12-08, 0:16 AM

I am currently experience the terrible customer service myself. I ordered a monitor through Lenovo. I opened up the monitor and it had the wrong power cable that does not fit. I called customer service and waited on hold for 30 minutes. When I get a guy he sounds like he has absolutely no idea what he is doing. I can't understand him at all and he has a terrible attitude. On top of that I can hear a bunch of roosters in the background... like what the hell? He collects all of my info and order number etc... Then he tells me he needs to talk to tech support so he puts me on hold. Then after another 15 minutes a different lady picks up and has no idea what is going on. She collects my info again and says she needs to transfer me to another department(she was not tech support, I have no idea why I was talking to her). Instead she transfers me to the phone tree. And the process starts all over again. Customer support tells me to talk to tech support, tech support tells me to talk to customer support. Lots of people asking me for my info, nobody giving me a case number. They don't know how to help me with my issue so it seems like they are just sending me back to the phone tree in the hope that someone else will take the call. It really is not hard to collect my info and send me the correct power cable. lt is bad enough that my monitor shipped with a power cable that literally does not fit. Just collect my info and send me the correct cable. No, instead they send you into a spiraling rage as you go in circles. Finally after the 3rd long hold to get back with someone from customer care... He collects my information and has no idea what he is doing. He acts surprised and asks me where I got the power cable. I had to repeat it like 3 or 4 times that the power cable that was inside the monitor box that was shipped to me by lenovo literally did not physically fit. It is the wrong shape of plug. He tells me that he needs to transfer me to tech support. This time I say no, no, no... I would like to speak to your supervisor. I explained that I have been through this twice before and that the only person I would allow him to transfer me to is his supervisor. He then says oh well then I will just short ship you a new power cable.... Like **bleep**? Why would you not just do that before? Did you need to send me into a fit of rage before fixing your mistake??????????

I quite literally am never going to purchase a lenovo product ever again. I know I sound like a total Karen right now but this was bad. Finally started a chat session on the computer and the chat guy was able to help me and offered to short ship me the correct cable. Guy on the phone still couldn't figure it out 30 minutes after he said he could short ship a cable. It was actually faster to start a computer chat. I asked to talk to a supervisor several times but they all refused. Lenovo you lost a customer for life today!

SO full of rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

5 Posts

12-02-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 126 of 195

2020-12-08, 2:32 AM
I guess this forum is dead. Nobody from Lenovo is looking at it. I see a lot of complain posts, and nobody from Lenovo replies.
Options

10 Posts

11-18-2020

Switzerland

15 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 127 of 195

2020-12-09, 13:04 PM
Worse is that it doesn't give Lenovo a hint that they radically need to overhaul their attitude to clients. Complaints through official channels fall into black holes, and nothing is done. Let me compare that to B&H Photo or Amazon - wrong product, broken product, whatever, is quickly and with sympathy dealt with, replaced, and all attempt at aid to the client is evident. Here we see none of that. I can only say that after two months, the bi-weekly empty promise that my case has been elevated and I should check my spam-folder has become meaningless. As far as I am concerned, my money has been stolen from me. Lenovo has proven itself a vast, faceless entity that has no care but to take our money and not build any desire in the client to ever purchase from them again. It is shameful.
Options

2 Posts

12-09-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 128 of 195

2020-12-09, 23:39 PM

First, Lenovo had the worst customer service imaginable.  Everything is designed not to help you.  I’ve owned three Lenovo computers.  Never again.  New one went out...under warranty.  After speaking with over a dozen people (I have it all documented and names - even those are phony as if we don’t know they are not in America...) and being given the run around, sending the bill of sales, photos of the computer multiple times to different people, being given four different work order numbers, then having my claims denied until I complained, then having it kicked up to someone else...months of this until they agreed to take the broken computer to fix it.  I then get an email saying they want me to pay for the repairs (more than I paid for the computer) because the warranty has expired.  Mind you, I started this process months before.  When I complain, again it’s kicked over to someone name K.  I told her to return the computer I repaired and I will deal with this situation through legal channels.  I have sent her a half dozen emails and no response.  And the computer has not been returned.  I guess a is all I can do.  I want the broken computer back - which the company is refusing to do.  I have all the correspondence with them and copies of every email and logs of the dozens of phone calls. 

I will never buy another Lenovo computer and will dissuade anyone and everyone from purchasing from this company.  And yes, I’ll will be taking them to court, there is no option.

Admin note; post edited for privacy in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Options

1 Posts

12-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 129 of 195

2020-12-10, 2:04 AM

I ordered a laptop on November 27.  At the time of order, it was stated that the laptop would ship within 3 to 4 days.  Of course last week I received an email saying there was a delay and the laptop would be shipped on December 7 and delivered on December 9.  Today I received another email that now says it did ship on the 7th but it will not be delivered on the 14th.  I probably would have just gone to the store or ordered a different brand of laptop if I had known it would take more than 2 weeks to get the laptop.  I am less than impressed with the poor communication and not being able to rely on what I am told by Lenovo.  I realize you were having a big sale, but do a better job of setting expectations.  

Options

1 Posts

12-08-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 130 of 195

2020-12-10, 20:53 PM

How does Lenovo planning to compete with other companies while provide the worst customer service ever? I bough a laptop, and been using for it like two months. Keyboard failed to work properly. So I called into tech support, they send me label to ship it to Lenovo depot. According to Lenovo, turn around time should be like 1 week. Three week has past, still no update on the repair status. Every time I. Called, Lenovo customer service rep told me the same old story the system is down, they can’t pull up any update. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms