Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-03-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

How to file a complaint?

2020-12-03, 0:50 AM

Hello,

I recently sent to Lenovo repair my ThinkPad that stopped working some time ago. Lenovo received it on Oct 20, and I didn’t hear from them since then.

I supposed to receive an estimation fir the repair cost first, so I’m not even talking about getting my machine back, I first wanted to find out at least how much it would cost (it’s out of warranty now).

I  called Lenovo support many times, sometime staying on the line for an hour waiting for somebody to answer.

During each call, I was promised that I would soon receive an estimation or at least someone would contact me within 1-4 business days after my call.

Didn’t receive anything.

On Nov 13, the agent created an “escalated ticket”, saying that I should be contacted very soon (again).

Next week, though agent was able to find this ticket, he couldn’t get any information about it, so he submitted the question  under the same ticket number again.

On Nov 27, another agent couldn’t see anything on this ticket and said there has been a “crash” in the system and information - probably - was lost, so she would create another escalated ticket, and I should get some communication from the management within 1-4 days (again).

Didn’t receive anything, not surprisingly.

Today, Dec 2, I called again. There’s nothing in my file for this ticket, and agent told me that I will definitely be contacted “just not as fast as I wish”. I wasn’t given any deadline this time, just told “to have a patience and wait”, and “there’s nothing he can do”.

When I asked about filing a complaint, he said that those escalation tickets ARE complaints.

I already missed a Black Friday sale (I thought if the repair cost is too high, I would better get the new machine), and I have a feeling that I’m going to miss Christmas and New Year sale as well :(

Is there any way to REALLY file a complaint, and get some feedback?

The machine was very powerful and expensive back then, but when I looked at the everyday prices, the analogue would be twice as much, unless there’s a big sale going on :(

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Options

11627 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33047 Signins

1235895 Page Views

• Views: 1235895
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:How to file a complaint?

2020-12-03, 10:14 AM

Hello @IrinaL   welcome to Community,

Sorry you haven't had the best experience, could you post your service case number please and I'll try and see what I can find out for you. Yes via the Call Centre is the correct method to create a complaint which should then be passed to the Customer Relations Team.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

5 Posts

12-03-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-12-03, 13:37 PM

The latest ticket number is 500L9J4.

Thank you so much!

Options

11627 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33047 Signins

1235895 Page Views

• Views: 1235895
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-12-04, 10:34 AM

Hello,

Sorry but I don't find anything using that number, maybe a permissions issue due to it not being warranty related, but 7 digits is certainly the correct format. I think escalating via Call Centre is probably the route to take.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

5 Posts

12-03-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-12-04, 15:22 PM

Hi,

The number I gave you IS an escalated case number, and it was the second such number :(

The first - regular service - ticket created was #40CDQ49 (on October 12 or so).

Then there was the first escalated ticket (or case) #500L782 that was created on Nov 13.

This case was lost in two weeks after it was created (nobody could find it), so the Call Center created another escalated case #500L9J4 on Nov 27, which I gave you.

So now, you’re saying that you couldn’t find this one as well :(

I don’t see a sense of creating another escalated ticket - you could see that those tickets just disappear pretty quickly.

Could you look into other numbers and see if you can find any information?

Options

5 Posts

12-03-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-12-04, 18:34 PM

Thank you for your help!
I was contacted by a ThinkPad support representative  today, he will send the case to Lenovo Corp. Hopefully, I will get some answers soon.

I assume it was you who transferred my problem to them, so thank you again!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms