10-18-2018

US

2 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

How to register official complaint

2018-10-18, 17:00 PM

As an undergrad engineering student who constantly requires a laptop for school work, I wanted an upgrade. The Lenovo Yoga 730 was purchased online from Lenovo on May 16 and received on May 19.

Within a week the screen started flickering, randomly at first that later became continuous, making it impossible to use the laptop. Customer support gave instructions to update the display driver. Since the problem could not be fixed Lenovo agreed to send a replacement.

The replacement laptop was received in June, which worked fine for about three months. On September 7, the problem started showing up on this laptop as well making it unusable. After being put on hold for 40 mins when I called customer service, I was told to go to a local Best Buy (authorized repair center for Lenovo) if I needed quick service. At Best Buy I was told that they were unable to fix the problem and suggested that I call Lenovo support again. When I called Lenovo they updated the BIOS and the drivers, but the problem persisted. I was asked to ship the laptop to Lenovo for repair. On perusing various forums on the net, I realized that many others have faced similar issues. It became quite clear that laptops with this issue are continuing to be sold without the problem being resolved. Based on my interaction with customer support I did not believe that everything would work fine after the repair as no one seemed to have a clue about how to resolve the issue. Having to send a laptop that was just 3 months old for repair seemed ridiculous. Also, with my busy schedule it was becoming impossible for me to follow through with all this, not to mention that I was handicapped without a laptop (my dad had to have another laptop shipped to me so that my school work wouldn’t suffer).

My dad called Lenovo support on September 10 to ask for refund so as to end this harassment. They were not ready to relent. After persisting with the demand and asking to speak to a manger about refund he was told that a request for refund will be posted but will need clearance from higher ups to get it through. The case therefore got escalated to their escalation team (case number 03794214 contact: Caitlyn, Customer Care Case Manager).

Communication with the case manager was a huge challenge with her never picking up phone calls and her voice mail not allowing anyone to leave messages. So email was the only option. Finally my dad did manage to communicate with her. She refused a refund and said repairing the unit was the only option and that they knew what the exact problem was. Apparently it was a display cable issue and repair could be done onsite through a Lenovo engineer. Setting up an appointment with the repair engineer took an additional two weeks because in spite of giving her multiple slots based on my class schedule she kept messing up. The engineer ultimately could not carry out the repair as she was scared to open up the display. I fail to understand how Lenovo determined that they would repair the unit onsite when either their units are not amenable to such repairs or their engineers are not trained to do it.

Finally, the only option left was to ship the unit back to Lenovo factory for repairs. It is mentioned that it will take 9 business days to repair. I am waiting! Based on my experience so far and the feedback on various forums, I have no hope that I will get a problem free laptop back in that time.  I have had to upload programs and transfer my school work multiple times which has not only been time consuming but also frustrating. This has been a complete waste of time and money and a period of mental anguish. I need this misery to end.

I DO NOT WANT REPAIRS. I WANT A REFUND.

Options

11210 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39664 Signins

414543 Page Views

• Views: 414543
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: How to register official complaint

2018-10-18, 17:33 PM

It sounds like a mess, but this is a peer-to-peer forum for tech support questions.  .  Other posters (like me) are customers like you.  I am afraid you are going to need to go through customer service or the place you bought the machine.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete