Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-14-2013

United States

29 Signins

527 Page Views

• Views: 527
  • Message 91 of 886

Re: IdeaPad Y, U, V, Z & P series 2013 shipping discussion

2013-01-18, 16:46 PM

@biscuit26

Hi, comrades... :smileysad:

hope yours can be shipped soon

what model did you get?

Options

16 Posts

01-18-2013

canada

15 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 92 of 886

2013-01-18, 17:08 PM

ideapad y400

Options

4 Posts

01-17-2013

USA

112 Signins

212 Page Views

• Views: 212
  • Message 93 of 886

2013-01-18, 18:03 PM
mine was also pushed back to the 21st but i made my order on the 6th did you also order the IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 59359510?
Options

3 Posts

01-17-2013

Gresham, OR

6 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 94 of 886

2013-01-18, 18:32 PM

I also ordered a Y580 on 1/6. Ship dates have been 1/9, 1/13, 1/14 and 1/18 with order received still showing. My card was authorized on 1/6 and again on 1/14. I was hoping the second time meant some progress but so far none.

I'm still patient but I would just like to know if it's going to be an extended delay. No real ETA kind of sucks.

Options

5 Posts

01-14-2013

United States

29 Signins

527 Page Views

• Message 95 of 886

2013-01-18, 19:05 PM

I ordered IdeaPad Y500 Laptop - 954135U.

It seems that this model is not available on lenovo's webpage anymore.

Options

2 Posts

01-18-2013

USA

6 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 96 of 886

2013-01-18, 22:24 PM

I ordered the Y480 model 2093B7U on 1/9 and had expected delivery as 1/17. Yesterday it got to "Order Received", but delivery date wasn't until 2014! I chatted with sales support and they said that it should ship on the 21st. I was happy until today when I checked the status and it said "Cancelled". I talked with sales again and they said that there were inventory issues so they cancelled my order. 

They didn't even email me about the cancellation. Pretty **bleep** shady business practices. If they saw the high demand for the laptops and knew they couldn't fulfill it, why didn't they stop sales of the laptop?

Lenovo has lost my business no matter how good their products seem to be.

Options

5 Posts

01-14-2013

United States

29 Signins

527 Page Views

• Message 97 of 886

2013-01-18, 22:57 PM

Please wait while we find an agent from the US Post Sales Team department to assist you.
You have been connected to xx.

xx: Thank you for choosing Lenovo Chat service, this is xx. How may I be of assistance today?
xx: Hello, How are you doing today?
******: Good.
******: Hi xx
******: Can you please help me check my order status?
xx: Sure I will be glad to assist you.

xx: Could you please help me with your order number?
******: Thank you. My order number is **********.
xx: One moment please while I check on this.
******: kk
xx: Thank you for your patience.
xx: As per our records, the order will ship out on the 21th of January 2013. However, this is just an estimated shipping date. You can expect your order to ship much earlier than the date given to you.
******: Do you mean that the laptop will definitely be shipped on 1/21 and there will be no more delays?
xx: The order is estimated to ship out by 01/21.
xx: Is there anything else I can be of assistance today? (This xx guy is busy and wants to end the converstaion so bad. )
******: When I made the purchase, the webpage said it would be shipped on 1/13... My semester will start next Tuesday, and I was planning to have my new laptop before that. But it seems that it can't even be shipped by next Tuesday.
******: The shipping delay has already made a bad influence on my work.
******: I hope that you can understand my concern.
xx: We wil try to ship out as soon as possible.
******: I have heard of the exact same answer word by word several times, when the estimated shipping date was 1/17 and 1/13.
xx: No regrets.
xx: I agree to what you say.
xx: However the model inventory would also add to the estimated shipment delay.
******: I am wondering if there is anything Lenovo can do to make up its mistake. I wouldn't make the payment if I would have known that I won't get it before next week.
xx: 424238xxxx (Apparently, he is also working with another customer and pasted the order number to my chat)
xx: It is clearly mentioned on our website that states "Please note, that these ship dates are estimates and may change. Also, the actual delivery date of your order can be impacted by events beyond our control after it leaves our facilities, and Lenovo cannot prevent delivery delays. Tracking information is provided by third party carriers and Lenovo is not responsible for this data. "  (Cleverest explanation for the shipping delay, ever)
******: OK, well, it is a brilliant answer.
******: It seems my mistake to believe what Lenovo told to me.
******: I want to talk to your supervisor.
xx: For this you would need to call on 866-428-4465. (Smart answer!)
******: You have successfully made me feel even worse.

========================================================================

I can't describe how angry I am right now for having to deal with this guy. As a Lenovo representative, he acts like he doesn't care about customers at all. I even feel pathetic for Lenovo to hire this kind of people.  No wonder Lenovo doesn't have a satisfactory customer service.

personal information removed

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2013

canada

11 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 98 of 886

2013-01-18, 23:06 PM

I am new to Lenovo laptops without doing any research which I usually do, before buying, I decided during the Christmas boxing day sale to purchase a new laptop, I'm in really bad need of a  new laptop so I decided to buy a Lenovo after waiting until the 7th of Jan 2013 I received it and it looked and feel great, fast and impressive sat up my wireless network and it went bad from there, had a tech to look at it online from Lenovo and he said it was a defective product, so then I must send it back, but I told him I need a laptop asap cause of work, ordered one on the 10th of Jan not realizing until after I ordered that the shipping was stating that it would ship out on the 21st of Jan, called back and complained, I was thinking it was like ordering from hp or dell where it doesn't sell if its not available, anyways after complaining I kind of got over it saying to myself that if it ships out on the 21 then I may receive it by the month end, so the other day I checked my status again and then it stated that It will not ship out until the 29 of Jan now I was pissed and I been talking with the so called support team, any they can't even give ma a date, or any more details, I returned a $750 pc for a $900 dollar pc which didn't bother me but now I'm going to be until mid January until I receive my new laptop.

I might even cancel this order and say the hell with Lenovo and believe me everyone in my company even friends and family will never buy a laptop from Lenovo, I am a little more than advanced in pcs I worked at a local pc store but when I went to another job, a lot of my customers still call for support and advice before they buy a new pc, and my advice would be to stay away from Lenovo especially if they have any problems

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2013

canada

11 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 99 of 886

2013-01-18, 23:11 PM

If the product isn't available then why don't they just state OUT OF STOCK on the website, instead of making people wait so long, what people should do is contact someone higher than those so called support team and let the head crew know about these issues, perhaps then you would get better support

wrote:

I ordered the Y480 model 2093B7U on 1/9 and had expected delivery as 1/17. Yesterday it got to "Order Received", but delivery date wasn't until 2014! I chatted with sales support and they said that it should ship on the 21st. I was happy until today when I checked the status and it said "Cancelled". I talked with sales again and they said that there were inventory issues so they cancelled my order. 

They didn't even email me about the cancellation. Pretty **bleep** shady business practices. If they saw the high demand for the laptops and knew they couldn't fulfill it, why didn't they stop sales of the laptop?

Lenovo has lost my business no matter how good their products seem to be.

Options

85 Posts

12-27-2012

Virginia

96 Signins

1476 Page Views

• Views: 1476
  • Message 100 of 886

2013-01-19, 4:47 AM

so i didn't think Lenovo was supposed to bill your credit card until your item actually shipped???? the y500 i ordered on dec 6 didn't ship until Dec 11 and it was not billed until that day.

the y580 i ordered to replace the defective y500 isn't supposed to ship now until Feb 5 or 4th....but there's a charge on the credit card for the day i ordered? i don't understand. unless it's a hold charge? i don't remember seeing that happen in December with the last order

i didn't think most companies charged your credit card until an order actually shipped. that's what Dell did on an order i had last month when i switched to the Lenovo laptop. no charge until shipment. has something changed since then?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms