Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimbelina
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 700 hardware broken, need assistance with Lenovo Support

Hi all,

I've had this laptop two mobnths. On opening it one morning, two pins fell out of the hinge connecting the monitor to the keyboard. A further two fell out from the other side shorty afterwards. The monitor is now separating from the keyboard, almost totally on the left hand side. The pressure of whatever is going on is causing the screen casing to separate from the screen also. The screen can no longer stay upright, nor can it be closed. The hinge is completely broken. 

I've made several attempts to contact lonovo to ask for help. the first by telephone. I was told I needed to register with the support department (as well as being registered as a lenovo customer) in order to receive support. The technician said she would send me an email of questions that I would need to answer in order to register before she could help me - that email never arrived. I have submitted multiple requests through the support sections of the website but no confimation that they have gone through - the screen just refreshes as if nothing has happened, and when I check the system has no record of my problem. In addition when I try to use the lenovo website to find approved technicians/ repair shops near me, the uk doesnt show as an option in the drop down menu, and When i try to use the location services they don't work. (nothing happens).

This is my work laptop - I can't work without it, so I need a fix or replacment urgently. I am currently really very frustrated and unimpressed with how difficult it has been to get help with this issue which has made it impossible for me to work currently. 

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 283
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 700 hardware broken, need assistance with Lenovo Support

Hello Mimbelina,

Could you post which phone number you used to contact support please or did you use the call back function on the support site?
I'm not sure what the agent meant by registering, you would certainly need to give them your contact and system details in order for a call to be created; there should be no requirement for you to register online or similar if that is what they meant?

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Mimbelina
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 3 of 5

Hi Andy,

I used the phone number from the website - the one to call for support. I was on hold for quite a while. The issue is on going and I've heard nothing from Lenovo. Feeling very frustrated at this point. 

Mimbelina
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 4 of 5

0333 7773991

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 246
Message 5 of 5

That is definitely the correct number with #2 being the choice for your system type.  Please call that number and request support; they will require some personal details along with the system type number and serial number.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors