Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbenny1
What's DOS?
Views: 414
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 710s Warranty Fail

Hi, 

My Ideapad 710s which is only like 8 months old is currently with Lenovo for a warranty repair. 

The comma key became loose and fell off the keyboard, the little clips on the back were broken so I was wasn't able to clip it back on. 

I sent it to Lenovo under my 3 year warranty and now they are refusing to fix it under the warranty. 

What can I do about this? 

Why would anyone break their comma key on purpose? The rest of the laptop is in perfect condition so it is clear that I have not abused the laptop, every other key is absolutely fine. 

Seeing that it was simply a matter of clipping a new key on, I asked Lenovo to just post me one out and I would do it myself. They refused, and made me send it in. I did this, and now they are going to try and charge me for the postage which I didn't want to pay for anyway because the repair was so minor!!! 

This will be the last Lenovo product I ever buy if they are so petty and treat their customers so badly over such a small repair that any reasonable person can see is a manufacturing fault. 

I am furious about this, and hopefully you guys can give some advice. 

Thanks

djbenny1
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 710s Warranty Fail

Can anyone provide any feedback on this??? 

I have had several emails since I posted this thread, stating that my case has since been escalated, solved and cancelled. 

All emails have been automated and no one has emailed me to tell me what's going on. 

When I check the progress of my service it says "Cancelled". 

I have no idea what this means. Have Lenovo accepted that they should fix my laptop or are they sending it back to me unfixed? 

I have heard nothing to explain.

This is absolutely appalling. 

djbenny1
What's DOS?
Views: 319
Message 3 of 4

Is there any chance of a moderator or lenovo employee looking at this case for me? Or am I wasting my time here too??? 

djbenny1
What's DOS?
Views: 287
Message 4 of 4

Hello? 

Still no word from anyone on my laptop... 

Incredible. 

Top Kudoed Authors