Options

4 Posts

08-10-2010

Malden, MA

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 121 of 163

Re: Ideapad U & Y Series Shipping Discussion (2010)

2010-08-10, 17:46 PM

Hey guys,

I ordered my Y560 on the 5th of August. After reading all of these horror stories I was getting very worried about how long it would take to recieve my laptop. The estimated date for shipping was listed as August 12th. Luckily, the laptop set out on its journey to Boston on the 9th of August, just 4 days later, including Saturday and Sunday. Now the estimated date of delivery is the 12th, which is when it was supposed to only ship. I am satisfied with the Lenovo customer support and quick service (as long as my laptop actually comes in perfect working condition, and not with a broken screen like a lot of people seem to be saying.) I've had some awful experiences with Dell, and even more so with HP, which has some of the most horrendous and stupefyingly dimwitted customer/technical support i've ever encountered. My expectations are a lot higher for Lenovo, as my brother has had his Thinkpad for 8 years now and is only currently planning to upgrade.

Good luck with those of you with worse experiences than me in this regard!

-Ilya

Options

21 Posts

08-05-2010

Canada

196 Signins

880 Page Views

• Views: 880
  • Message 122 of 163

2010-08-17, 8:08 AM

I ordered on August 6, and it's finally scheduled by UPS to arrive on August 18. When they say 1-2 weeks for me, they just fit in 2 weeks (yay?).

At least no horror stories for me, but to be honest, I was hoping for it to be faster. 2 weeks is kind of long.. but I guess they don't charge extra for shipping..

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2010

CA

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 123 of 163

2010-08-20, 5:17 AM

Hi, I ordered a Y460 on the 9th August and had some problems processing the order originally.  They were (I thought) sorted out, and I had an estimated ship date of the 19th August.

However, the other day the order status page no longer dispalyed  a ship date and came up with:

If no ship date is given above, there may be an issue with your order. If you would like more information on the status, please call 866-426-0013.

I called, but they couldn't give me a delivery date.  I should add that the times I've tried to call back, the customer service line is unavailble due to 'unforseen circumstances'.  :smileysad: 

This is a real problem as I will be out of the country from the 27th August and really need the laptop before then.

Is anyone else experiencing shipping delays?

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Views: 2251
  • Message 124 of 163

2010-08-20, 14:48 PM

Hi Ceraph,

Please send me a PM with your Order # and I'll se what I can do from this end.

Vanessa

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2010

CA

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 125 of 163

2010-08-20, 22:00 PM

Hi Vanessa, I don't know if you got my order number PM, or were able to do anything, but the order has apparantly shipped today.  No tracking no. as yet, but fingers crossed I'll have it Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Ian

Options

3 Posts

08-23-2010

Canada

14 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 126 of 163

2010-08-23, 21:19 PM

Alright I just had the most absurd customer experience ever following a purchase I tried to make through the Lenovo website.

I ordered a Y460 online on August 14.

It indicated an estimated shipping day of today, August 23. This already seemed pretty bad. A pre-built product takes 9 days for an order to be processed and shipped? Seems like horrible warehouse management / distribution channels / order processing. But I was alright waiting.

So I called in today (when it was supposed to ship out) wanting to inquire about a tracking number for my order.

After waiting on the phone for >30 minutes, I was routed to the Lenovo call center, presumably in India.

The first representative I talked to told me that despite what I say online, my order was actually not going to be shipped until August 30, and that what I saw online was wrong. However, he could not tell me why, could not give me any information about my status, could not check anything else in the sales database for me, could not explain the discrepancy in estimated shipping date, could not tell me why the estimated shipping date for a pre-built unit was wrong, and could not explain why my credit card was already charged for an order that had not even been fully processed and shipped. He also refused to route me to his manager.

I hung up and called again.

The second representative gave me a completely different story. He told me that the product was indeed supposed to ship today, but had encountered "unknown errors at the manufacturer" which he could not elaborate on. After asking all my previous questions (listed above) and still not having them explained, the representative suddenly said "there is a problem with the processors". This seemed like a blatant lie, given that he had just ten minutes earlier, gone on and on about how he had no information whatsoever about the manufacturing process. I asked to speak to his manager, who he said was "unavailable and a very busy man", I asked for the manager's phone number, which he could not provide. Finally, I asked to be redirected to his supervisor who was apparently also busy. However, I was eventually assured that the supervisor would call me back "within 15 minutes." Still waiting on that, but I have a feeling there isn't going to be a call back.

So far this has been a ridiculous experience as a customer and one that I have never experienced when ordering products from other major computer manufactuerers (e.g., Dell, HP). I am planning on cancelling my order tomorrow if it is still not resolved as my experiences as a customer so far have been downright terrible.

How can the call center dedicated to order status and support not have any information regarding the manufacturer of the product or the status of the product? Does anyone actually know what is going on...

How do call center representatives give you two completely different and contradicting answers regarding the status of your product? Are they just making things up?

How can there be no managers or supervisors present to speak to?

Options

2 Posts

08-30-2010

Chicago, IL, USA

22 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 127 of 163

2010-08-30, 19:47 PM

Hey all,

Any info when a red U460 will be available?

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Message 128 of 163

2010-08-31, 14:54 PM

Hi halcyon,

Wow. I'm sorry to hear of your experience with our customer service.

I will take your feedback to the right folks for review.

Could you please send me a PM with your order #? I will see if there is anything I can do from this end.

Thanks,

Vanessa

Options

1 Posts

09-12-2010

US

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 129 of 163

2010-09-12, 8:55 AM

Hi,

I ordered Lenovo Y series on Sept 4th, as on today I have no shipping information for it. It says Shipped on Sept 08th. I checked the UPS site and it says "Delivered" :-o. I am Shocked.

Please help me.

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Message 130 of 163

2010-09-22, 13:01 PM

Hi Sach_merlin,

hmmmm

Please send me your order # in a PM and I will check into things on this end.

Vanessa

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms