Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

32 Posts

07-04-2012

United States of America

55 Signins

484 Page Views

• Views: 484
  • Message 221 of 1101

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

2012-07-20, 2:47 AM
Good luck. Cancelled my U410 today and bought it from Costco. Supposed to ship tomorrow. If the laptop gives me problems I can return it to Costco.

Good riddance Lenovo. I will never buy anything from them directly again and advise others to do the same.
Options

2 Posts

07-17-2012

United States of America

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 222 of 1101

2012-07-23, 14:14 PM

Ordered a u400 from lenovo.com on July 11th.  Original est. shipping date was 3 days.  About a week later, online status reported shipping in Oct, 3 months from now.  Tried to call and online chat to cancel.  Chat would not connect, on hold for half hour on phone so hung up.  Tried to cancel in online chat today (July 23rd).  Got connected, was told I had to call.  Called and got someone after about 5 min.  Checked status with phone rep who says it will ship July 31st.  Was offered 5% discount not to cancel.  Not really an object, just need the computer.  Was told it would take 3-5 business days to cancel the order and cancellation was not guaranteed; computer could ship before order was cancelled.  Was told I would get an email notification when the order was cancelled (sorry if I am skeptical this will occur).  So now I have to wait until the 30th anyway before I buy another computer because that will be 5 business days. 

I understand supply issues, but in my opinion, when the ship date varies all over the place by months and a customer calls to cancel an order, you just cancel it, immediately.  I have never had an experience where I had to wait 5 days to find out if the order was cancelled.  According to the phone rep. the u400 was such a popular machine that it resulted in backlogs, so it isn't like they are going to get stuck with a custom machine and no buyer. 

Makes me wonder about the future of online commerce if a major company can have this level of problems either filling or cancelling orders.  My greatest fear at this point is that the computer will actually ship and I will subsequently have problems with it.  Getting customer service could be a real nightmare based on my current experience and after I have the computer, the problem will be mine.  My daughter picked the lenovo herself (birthday present, quite late at this point).  Wishing I'd followed my own instinct on this one. 

Options

47 Posts

06-21-2012

Nebraska, USA

37 Signins

634 Page Views

• Views: 634
  • Message 223 of 1101

2012-07-23, 18:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I ordered a Y580 and my shipping date changed like 5 times.  Your account rep will give you a ship date that is always different from what the internet date is but even those dates mean nothing.  I was hoping Lenovo would listen and take action to correct their lack of or failure to clearly communicate with there customers.  I cancelled my order by email to my account rep that I had met on my initial online chat.  I had an email confirmation the next day that the order was cancelled. 

Not all company's have such a poor track record.  Ordered a Dell AIO for my wive after I cancelled my Lenovo laptop order.  Their website said it would ship the next day.  It actually shipped the same day I placed my order.

I might have waited on the Y580 if they had offered me a discount and free two-day shipping but that didn't happen.  Still need a laptop.  Lenovo, are you listening to your customers.  We, in the  United States call it 'transparency"  - try it and you may actually increase customer satisfaction, sales and revenue.  All three are actually a good thing.  We call it a win-win for everyone.

Options

32 Posts

07-04-2012

United States of America

55 Signins

484 Page Views

• Views: 484
  • Message 224 of 1101

2012-07-25, 1:30 AM

Cancelled my Lenovo order last Thursday.  Same day I cancelled I ordered the same computer from Costco.  It shipped on Friday and arrived today.  I waited over two weeks for Lenovo just to ship my laptop, and finally had enough.  They too kept changing my ship dates and nobody could give me an answer.  It seemed that their customer service reps honestly didn't give a crap about my order or when it would ship; they just kept putting me off and giving me a fake date that never held true.  I'm glad to be done with Lenovo and will never buy anything from them directly again.

If you want an item fast, buy from a third party retailer.

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2012

Pennsylvania

25 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 225 of 1101

2012-07-25, 3:00 AM
Is anyone experiencing a shipping problem with the Ideapad z580? I ordered mine last week, and the ship date has already changed three times. I received an email over the weekend stating that shipping was delayed for up to a month. It direct me to the Lenovo website via a link to a status page; however the page has come up with an error for several days now. I called yesterday and was assured that not only was the order not delayed 30 days, but it was scheduled to be shipped today. I called midmorning today to be sure that it was still scheduled to ship today and was told that it definitely would be. Toward the end of the day, with the ability to check status still disabled, I called again, whereupon I was told that shipment had again been delayed and that there was now no ship date listed. The customer service rep. Has said he will email to determine the reason for delay and when it is expected to be shipped. I have not had to wait long yet. But I ordered the laptop without knowing that Lenovo lists misleading shipping date "estimates" on their site. Dell and HP list pretty accurate estimates because their uncustomized systems are already built and ready to ship. Even with customized systems, they usually have the parts on hand to build and ship relatively quickly. I am concerned that no one at Lenovo knows what is happening, when there are delays , why these have occurred or whether new shipping dates are any more accurate than their site's initial "estimates." I really need a laptop as soon as possible, as I am in the busiest time of my work. My income depends on this. I simply can't afford to be jerked around, if this is, indeed what has started to happen to me. I am going to wait until Thursday to hear back from this CS rep. But in the mean time I need to know whether others are or have experienced delays with the Z series so that I will know whether to cancel my order on Thursday and try HP instead.
Options

13 Posts

07-25-2012

TX

3 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 226 of 1101

2012-07-25, 20:24 PM

To all who are considering ordering from Lenovo directly --- DO NOT!! You have been warned. I originally ordered a Z570 i5 on June 18th. It wasn't until July 10th (after many phone calls, emails and LIES FROM LENOVO REPS) that I finally found out that the configuration I ordered had sold out and they wouldn't be making any more of them. I was then offered two substitute laptops (both with inferior specs -- one even had "Better graphics" where the graphics card information should have been). I refused both offers and finally said that I would like to upgrade to the U400 i7 for the same cost or I was going to cancel the order. I was told that would be fine and that it would be put on "the priority list". The back and forth with the foreign reps ate up another few days. By this time the ship date on the website for the U400 said July 18th. I said fine and was given a new order number.  Checking the order status a couple days later showed a ship date of the 19th. One more day, no big deal. The 19th comes and goes, then the ship date changes to the 23rd. Now I am being told the 3rd of August due to LCD supply issues. So almost 2 months to even get a laptop to ship. Its not worth the hassle having to deal with Lenovo directly. I have loved their products for many years (starting back when they were IBM products) and have been a loyal customer. No longer. Sad for them. I own a technical services/consulting company and have also recommended their products to my clients, family and friends. I can easily account for hundreds if not thousands of sales through my company and my customers. All that good faith gone in a matter of weeks. I am going to wait until the 3rd of August to see if my laptop actually ships. But only because I am getting it for about 60% off. If it ships then MAYBE Lenovo could still retain a portion of my business (but only through other 3rd party suppliers). I'll post another update on the 3rd.

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2012

Toronto, Canada

16 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 227 of 1101

2012-07-25, 22:20 PM
My track order status page started to display an error page starting yesterday..The laptop is supposed to ship out tomorrow, can anyone help me with this?
Options

6 Posts

05-16-2011

Seattle

46 Signins

185 Page Views

• Views: 185
  • Message 228 of 1101

2012-07-26, 17:14 PM

KFan12, the page is up now. My laptop was supposed to ship today too, got postponed to monday. But, the order status changed to "in production" which I hope is a good thing... 

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2012

Pennsylvania

25 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 229 of 1101

2012-07-27, 20:56 PM
I posted a few days ago with the same concerns about the status page and changing shipping dates. Mine changed three times, with no notification (aside from the first delay email, that sent me to the nonfunctioning status page). I resolved to call the morning of the last shipping date and then at the end of my work day every day until I got reasonable answer as to when it would be shipped and why it was delayed. I also made clear that I needed this computer ASAP because my livelihood depended on it. The second to last rep. I spoke to did not know the new ship date, but promised to contact the build/ship site to determine the correct ship date, to place me on the priority list and to email me once he knew more. Having read this forum and having had less than effective experiences with previous Lenovo staff, I didn't believe a word he said, made clear that I would never have ordered from them had I known how dishonest the web site and c.s. reps. had been, and told him flat out that I could not afford to keep waiting. I told him that I would wait the two days for him to have his email to the supply end answered, but if at if I didn't have an absolute ship date within the next day of his email, I would cancel and buy an HP, which I knew would give me a reliable ship date. The next day (the day before he was to get back to me) I called again and spoke to someone else, insistent that I needed a ship date and explaining the urgency of my situation and need for a straight answer so that I could go elsewhere if necessary. He saw that the other guy was working on it and so knew how strongly I felt about this. He offered to contact the previous day's rep. to communicate my need to have this expedited and to be updated ASAP.

So in the we hours of yesterday morning the status site came back up listing my computer as "in production" and a ship date of the same day. Few hours later I had a general email from Lenovo stating that one or all of my order was ready to ship. The status then said "shipped," with a UPS tracking number. I now know that this is a done deal. When I got up this morning, I had an email from the rep., who had done the work for me.

I don't know if this would have been shipped out today, regardless of what I or the rep. did, if I happened to get a particularly good rep., or if my actions, description of my urgency and anger/frustration and plan if I didn't get a quick shipment, not to mention a premature follow up call to reinforce this all, led to this result, but I go into this detail in case it helps someone better understand what these status reports and ways to proceed that might help speed things up. Now that someone at Lenovo has actually meant what they said and helped me out, I am a happy camper. If all is well with the notebook I receive, I will consider this a lesson learned as to how to work with Lenovo, provided time is not as critical as it has been for me this time.

Good luck everyone.
Options

3 Posts

07-29-2012

Cincinnati, Ohio

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 230 of 1101

Re: Estimated shipping date : 6 months from now! :(

2012-07-29, 1:28 AM

I was just reading Rolando_r's forum and I have the same problem as well. I bought an IdeaPad U400 on July 20, 2012 and it won't be shipped until 6 months from now (January 7, 2013). I believe that's unacceptable and no one is willing to help me. Is there anything you can do?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)