Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: Ideapad U & Y & Z Series Shipping Discussion (2012)

22 minutes and counting on hold with Lenovo...
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Guy on the phone said that the order would be shipping out tomorrow. Said that I would receive a shipping confirmation email by the end of tomorrow.

If I find out it doesn't ship tomorrow I'm cancelling. Period.
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

LoL, many ppl cancelling, fun fact is that I cancelled my order before even get any issues with Lenovo, My first Option was Envy, but couldn't buy it coz HP don't accept Internationals Orders. Second Option Inspiron SE, but my CC wasn't working on dell. 3rd was the y580... 1 week after placing order, the Envy is listed in Amazon, same prices as the y580, I ordered.

Since it was still in Released to Manufacturing, and the Pre-Auth dropped, I just told Lenovo to cancel it, gave a good excuse they couldn't refuse. Ordered the Envy, and 5 days(coz was friday) after placing the order it, I got it.

Lenovo's Laptops have good specs and quality, I just recommend them if buying it off resellers.
Punch Card
0 Kudos

And it finally arrived! It took a quite long 20 days, but it's finally here. Now time to try it out, will see how it goes.

I am sorry for everyone who didn't have a similar experience as mine, and hope that Lenovo learn from their mistakes, but as far as I'm concerned, the process was fairly great.

And no TX, I ordered a y570, luckily! (After all what I read on the U series!)

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Well, I did hear back from TY_Lenovo. Said he was looking into it more and would let me know soon.

Of course, the person that I called had no idea what they were talking about because I did NOT receive a tracking number, nor did my computer ship. Instead, it was of course bumped back a day to the 19th.
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Was on the phone for an hour and did not get anyone.
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Save yourself the headache

Cancel your order and buy from costco.com With the rebate they're offering it's the same price for a system with more storage space. 

In-stock, I was sent an e-mail saying I'll get my tracking number tomorrow and it will arrive on Friday! 

Plus Costco let's you return anything within 90 days, and you can get a live body on the phone in 5 minutes! 

Punch Card
0 Kudos

I orederd a Y580 and a mouse today.

Estimated ship date for the laptop is 2012/07/26

Estimated ship date for the mouse is 2012/08/20

Im hoping nothing get's delayed. I need this laptop before September. D:

Wish me guys luck ;D

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Good luck. Cancelled my U410 today and bought it from Costco. Supposed to ship tomorrow. If the laptop gives me problems I can return it to Costco.

Good riddance Lenovo. I will never buy anything from them directly again and advise others to do the same.
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Ordered a u400 from lenovo.com on July 11th.  Original est. shipping date was 3 days.  About a week later, online status reported shipping in Oct, 3 months from now.  Tried to call and online chat to cancel.  Chat would not connect, on hold for half hour on phone so hung up.  Tried to cancel in online chat today (July 23rd).  Got connected, was told I had to call.  Called and got someone after about 5 min.  Checked status with phone rep who says it will ship July 31st.  Was offered 5% discount not to cancel.  Not really an object, just need the computer.  Was told it would take 3-5 business days to cancel the order and cancellation was not guaranteed; computer could ship before order was cancelled.  Was told I would get an email notification when the order was cancelled (sorry if I am skeptical this will occur).  So now I have to wait until the 30th anyway before I buy another computer because that will be 5 business days. 

I understand supply issues, but in my opinion, when the ship date varies all over the place by months and a customer calls to cancel an order, you just cancel it, immediately.  I have never had an experience where I had to wait 5 days to find out if the order was cancelled.  According to the phone rep. the u400 was such a popular machine that it resulted in backlogs, so it isn't like they are going to get stuck with a custom machine and no buyer. 

Makes me wonder about the future of online commerce if a major company can have this level of problems either filling or cancelling orders.  My greatest fear at this point is that the computer will actually ship and I will subsequently have problems with it.  Getting customer service could be a real nightmare based on my current experience and after I have the computer, the problem will be mine.  My daughter picked the lenovo herself (birthday present, quite late at this point).  Wishing I'd followed my own instinct on this one.