01-05-2021

CA

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 8

In a Return/Refund Nightmare and then Ignored by Lenovo Moderator Andy_Lenovo

2021-01-06, 23:30 PM

I sent a private message to Andy_Lenovo (You may have seen his name pop up in many-a thread here, tending to many-a refund nightmare) early last evening. He has not found the time to respond to me as he's too busy replying to public posts that match my exact situation.  I can only conclude that Lenovo sees little point in helping me if no one sees my suffering at their hands; at the end of the day, they care more about their public image than they do about customers.

So, I'm posting my private message below (all various order/tracking/rma # are censored).  Please help me, Andy.

"Hello Andy. I am contacting you because as I scour the Lenovo website forums, I can see that you seem to be active in assisting customers whose orders have gone awry.

I ordered the Yoga C740 on December 14th directly from Lenovo (Order #-). It was declared shipped on the 20th of the same month, departed the facility in North Carolina, and stagnated somewhere in Kentucky. I never received the laptop (in fact, it never entered my country), and the process for initiating a refund has been an absolute waking nightmare (My RMA is -). I have called the customer service center MULTIPLE times, and received wrong, changed, and full-on seemingly random information from a slew of customer service reps. I was at one time told that the reason the computer never left the shipping facility in Kentucky was that the order lacked a commercial invoice. Now, today I was instructed (by a UPS international service rep) that the tracking information Lenovo had was wrong. The original tracking number was: (-). The UPS agent informed me that the new, more accurate number is: (-), which reflects that the package has been fully returned to sender, which means I should be fully entitled to a refund. In addition, I also spoke to a Lenovo rep (Activity I.D. (-); the rep's email is (blank)), who assured me that as soon as she confirmed with both the U.S. and Canadian shipping facilities, she would fully initiate the refund and email me a confirmation notice. Instead of this, I received an email with a NEW RMA (-) and a NEW return tracking number (-). I am truly at my wits end. 

I need some clarification here, because this is absolutely ridiculous. I never received the computer, and yet I am getting emails instructing me on how to successfully complete a return for a full refund. To be frank with you, I am beginning to think that Lenovo is trying to wrongfully take my money. 

ANY amount of clarification would be wholly appreciated. I have heard from numerous sources that Lenovo's customer service is notoriously dodgy, and at this point I have no reason to disbelieve this claim. 

ZRasmussen"

You can refer to your inbox for the uncensored message, Andy

Options

11614 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39921 Signins

419499 Page Views

• Views: 419499
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:In a Return/Refund Nightmare and then Ignored by Lenovo Moderator Andy_Lenovo

2021-01-07, 0:25 AM

Delays can occur when you communicate directly with someone 8 or 10 timezones away from you and that person needs updates from those closer to your location than to his.  Messages seem to move instantly, but one person's daylight is another one's night.  I doubt you are being ignored. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

4 Posts

01-05-2021

CA

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re:In a Return/Refund Nightmare and then Ignored by Lenovo Moderator Andy_Lenovo

2021-01-07, 2:37 AM

I don't quite understand what you're saying.  I understand that there are differing time zones across the world but to my understanding time consistently moves forward across the globe.  When I looked at Andy's reply history, which is publicly available, he has responded to multiple public posts (which were originally created AT A LATER TIME than my own - I sent my message on January 5th and many of the posts he responded to were created this very morning) after I had contacted him with my private message.  Is it not reasonable for me to assume that my private message was not as high a priority as these public posts considering all of these factors?

Options

2444 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12679 Signins

146523 Page Views

• Views: 146523
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-01-07, 4:35 AM

Is it not reasonable for me to assume that my private message was not as high a priority as these public posts considering all of these factors?

Most moderators do not reply to unsolicited private messages. You will get faster service if you use the forum.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Options

4 Posts

01-05-2021

CA

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-01-07, 4:49 AM
Andy is not a mod: he is an administrator. Is there not a difference between the those two classes? And either way, if that is the case that they do not typically respond to private messages then why have that option? Please understand that my entire experience with Lenovo's customer service has been a whirlpool of deceit and confusion. I've been lied to and neglected at every turn. I simply have no faith in their integrity at this point and feel to be anything less than suspicious is only assisting their further abuse against me.
Options

9845 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32728 Signins

1213000 Page Views

• Views: 1213000
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-01-08, 12:24 PM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

An interesting exchange, let me see if I can help clarify a couple of points before addressing the real issue at hand. According to your subject line I am a Mod but, in reality, you are of course correct that I am not. I am an Admin in Community who has in their signature an advisory not to ask me questions by private message and who was unable to spend any real amount of time in the Community on the 7th when you created your topic, topics in Community will be read before private messages unless I have specifically requested personal private identifiable information, serial numbers / contact details, be sent to me via that method.

Using the email address registered in your Community profile I was able to find your order along with an RMA number. Currently I am seeing two tracking numbers regarding the return journey to Whitsett; one delivered on Dec. 30th 2020 and one delivered on Jan. 6th 2021 and have requested confirmation that the system has been received back and clarification on the actual date of receipt. Once I have that I will let you know.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

4 Posts

01-05-2021

CA

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-01-13, 18:15 PM

Hello Andy,

was there any followup to this?

Options

9845 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32728 Signins

1213000 Page Views

• Views: 1213000
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-01-13, 18:42 PM

Hello,

Yes, came in earlier today. Re-shipping has been cancelled and a refund request created per your request. Refund will be made by the same method as the payment was made, if you haven't received it within 21 days feel free to reach out to me again, other contact options can be found on the How to Return an Item section of the shopping help page.
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#returns

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms