Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,984
Message 1 of 13

International Warranty Service not honored in India

Hello,

I purchased a Y50-70 laptop in US, one year back. I did check on the International Warranty Service both with US and Indian sales support teams and after that went ahead with the purchase of the laptop with 3 year warranty extension. 

Now I am in India and got an hinge problem with the laptop. As per this link https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Touch-only-customer-review-broken-hinge-... , Lenovo investigated the issue and created a service TIP SF15-I0004/ HT102761.

But the Indian customer support agents are trivializing IWS and said that I need to take the laptop back to US for repair. Even though the product is under IWS and supported in India, it is disappointing to deal with arrogant customer support agents who are declining the repair by quoting "IWS". When I mention the service TIP, they are saying it is only for US and doesn’t apply to IWS. Could someone please let me know if that is true? Would Lenovo IWS not cover a design defect?

This is my first Lenovo laptop and it is very unfortunate to go through this. I went to local service centers twice already and each travel took me 6 hours. Hope someone can help!

Praveen

Guru
Views: 6,957
Message 2 of 13

Re: International Warranty Service not honored in India

If i were you i would write a complaint letter directly to lenovo, instead of the forums or i could just demand them to send it to US on their own expenses for repair and give me a temporary laptop till i get my own back

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,943
Message 3 of 13

Hi 1gamatotigraki - Thanks for the reply!

I am not sure if sending a letter to Lenovo Indian office would help, as they might well throw it in the trash or ask me to call customer support again. But I will try that option too.
Guru
Views: 6,933
Message 4 of 13

Try the "chat with a technician" on the contact us page

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,902
Message 5 of 13

I did that today. They have no clue. Their standard answer was "Sorry. We cant help. Call US or call Indian toll free or take it to Service center". When I asked him about "Address to send notice/letter", he asked me to "Google" it. Pathetic customer support.

I attached the chat. Someone from Lenovo should look at that to see how "Lenovo India" deals with customers with IWS. It is a nightmare!

maxmaxima
What's DOS?
Views: 6,826
Message 6 of 13

Hi Praveen,

I wanted to check if Lenovo fixed your laptop as part of the warranty. I am in a similar situation as you, although I bought the Y50 in India with the 3 yr extended warranty about 1.5yr back. Started having the minor sound while opening/closing the lead 5 days before until day before yesterday when the frame holding the panel came off on the left side. Went to the Bangalore lenovo service centre but they refused to repair it saying this is not covered under the extended warranty. Told them about the service Tip but they kept saying unless its ADP, they will charge for the repair.  Would be helpful if you could please share what you did finally? Thanks.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,816
Message 7 of 13

Ask for a case manager to handle it.

Chats are mostly useless for a lot of firms. They don't read the info or problem and refer to a manual on what to say (they are dim whitted poorly paid non techies) Total waste of time. Talk to support and ask for a manager!!! Keep at it until you reach one.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,688
Message 8 of 13

I started using it as desktop
psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,684
Message 9 of 13

I am not able to post longer replies. Please see the attachment for response

Mod's Edit:  Attachment removed as it contains personal contact information for Lenovo Employees per Forum Rules.  Please edit out full names and email addresses if you wish to repost.  Thanks !

psidda
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,680
Message 10 of 13

So, Lenovo Service Center in India heaped more misery and thanks to them I cant even use it as a desktop now. btw, I dont know why I wasnt able to post the complete story and had to settle for adding it as PDF attachment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors