08-26-2014 03:35 PM - edited 08-26-2014 03:36 PM
My Thinkpad Yoga died in early June and I have to send it in for repair.
So far I have waited 2+ months and spent countless HOURS on the phone to your call center for my laptop to be repaired and returned.
I have been told all different sorts of stories of why there are so many delays
- Parts not available (2+ week wait for each part, first I have been told harddrive is dead, then the motherboard, for each one of these that's a separate wait)
- Recovery disc not avaialble at service center (I consider this to be the biggest joke)
- Case escalated for a brand new replacement because of unavailable parts, more wait for replacement to be approved
- Replacement approved, waiting accounts to approve (?!?!?!what the hell????)
- Waiting escalation specialist to contact me and grab my shipping details in New Zealand (apparently the escalation team has been overloaded with requests so I am told to expect a 1 week delay again for them to contact me, so far it's been more than 2 weeks)
I just got off the phone with a call center rep and have been told he will contact me in 1-2 hours since he has to get more information (he flatout denied that my replacement has been approved at all so I dont know what's going on there anymore)
Moral of the story, avoid buying a Lenovo if you want service in Australiasia region. At this stage I just want my 1k+ machine back as it's been at the service center for more than 2 months now and by the time I recieve it (if I recieve it) there is not much warranty left.
08-27-2014 09:36 AM
Wow - not a good story.
We'll try to arrange some help for you but will need some details to enable the escalation. Would you send me a private message with your contact information - name, best phone to reach you, and the type and serial number of the system? If you have any of the service case numbers handy, that will help as well.
Apologies for the trouble so far!
08-27-2014 02:04 PM
08-28-2014 10:01 AM
Thanks - received your PM and it seems things are under way. I've replied with more details in PM and remain available if you need more help on this.
I appreciate your speaking up on this, and also your patience and persistence.
09-29-2014 01:07 AM