Wakefield

18 Signins

207 Page Views

• Views: 207
  • Message 1 of 4

Introducing The ThinkProject

2015-05-14, 17:41 PM

Dear Members,

Let me introduce myself, I am Jonathan, age 17 and I love ThinkPads!! I have a brand new project called ThinkProject. What I am doing is collecting ThinkPads which are no longer working or working and need looking after! My aim is to collect any ThinkPad and get it back to orginal condition. I will then keep it and store it so the history remains and then can be carried on. ThinkPads are solid gold, and they shall remain solid gold laptops. They are unquie and have many features which a standard laptop doesn't. They are just brillaint! So, as I want to introduce the project to you all I am working hard to get my hands on any ThinkPad working or not working and preserve it. When I say by not working I mean in no RAM, HDD, HDD Caddy etc. I also will produce a portfolio to present all the ones I have improved and fixed. This will then be placed onto this community and shared to all you fantastic members! If you have any ThinkPads which you no longer use or need some parts replacing I will happliy discuss taking it from you and placing it into home (Mine of course!) and I will fix it up and make sure it's stored in a safe enviroment where it can be used again. If you have any questions, please post below or send me a private message! Thank you, Jonathan.

poster123.PNG

Options

4322 Posts

07-24-2013

CH

12988 Signins

377248 Page Views

• Views: 377248
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Introducing The ThinkProject

2015-05-14, 20:01 PM

Very nice! I find remarkable that you have this kind of project at such young age!  :smileyhappy:

Keep us posted above the ThinkPads you get, if you have any questions about specific ThinkPad series you better post them in the corresponding forums!

Good luck with your project!

Cheers

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

21 Posts

05-11-2015

Wakefield

99 Signins

562 Page Views

• Views: 562
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-05-15, 20:38 PM

I have now made a new account called ThinkProject so you can notice me more with my project. Also, I would like to release my new delivery of a IBM ThinkPad 380Z. I have investigated the issues with this and no HDD is inside and no charger. I hope the ThinkPad will serve a longer life time.

380z.jpg

Options

21 Posts

05-11-2015

Wakefield

99 Signins

562 Page Views

• Views: 562
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-05-27, 10:34 AM
The ThinkProject has received a x200 which is currently in progress of getting back to working order. I have fitted it with a temporary 64GB SSD and from 2GB to 6GB RAM. It works flawlessly and runs on Windows 7 Home Premium. Not got a charger yet but thankfully there was still some juice in the machine. I am later going to post some wanted ThinkPad models. I am fully committed to pay for postage if so but I don't have loads of money due to me been a student and only earning a small amount. But feel free to post!! I'd like to hear from you.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete