Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 15

Laptop is stuck at repair depot for warranty fix with no end in sight

2020-11-25, 0:59 AM

Please help. I bought my Lenovo Flex 5 in June and it worked great until one morning it didn't turn on, no power at all. After going through troubleshooting, Lenovo rep said it was motherboard fail and to send it in for repair with 9 days turnaround. This laptop was 4.5 months old. I have sent it in, it has been almost a month. I have chatted, called, begged, pleaded, asked for supervisors, asked for escalated claim etc to no avail. My laptop is being held hostage with NO END IN SIGHT. No news other than they are having issues at the depot. I have asked for a replacement or refund if they can't send it back in a timely manner. Of course I get nowhere. I am furious! My family has bout 6 Lenovos and we will never buy another if this is not addressed! Anyone have any tips on how to get my laptop back or a refund so I can buy a new one? I require it for work, this is completely unprofessional. I feel that my laptop has been stolen from me by the manufacturer. Absolutely no status or explanation of when I can expect it back. Please ! HELP!

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 15

Re:Laptop is stuck at repair depot for warranty fix with no end in sight

2020-11-25, 1:47 AM

I sent in a Chromebook a month ago as well.  The phone number I was able to find is not even taking calls "at this time".  I may try during normal business hours.  But it sounds like that may not get me very far.  The status page on the claim does not even show if the Chromebook was received at the depot.  

Curious to hear if anyone has received any kind of update or completed service on laptops/Chromebooks in the recent past?

My Case 2000722954

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 15

2020-11-25, 5:42 AM

You are not alone! My Yoga 730 was sent back to the depot 40 days ago. After more than 7 phone calls and chats, received 7 promise call /email back, I still haven't received any update of my case. I will record the phone call and all communication as evidence for future complaints or even . Please consider do the same. 

Options

16 Posts

01-26-2015

United States of America

24 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 4 of 15

2020-11-25, 13:48 PM

Yes this is also happening with one of my laptops.  Was sent to depot in early November and no status update on the web page.  Called support multiple times but nothing has changed.  Every time they tell me "sorry, there's nothing we can do". 

Lenovo does have this statement on the banner of the repair status page:

Lenovo has stood with you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, maintaining our service and supporting our customers through this challenging time. We have continued to provide technical support by implementing safety measures at all of our Repair facilities. Due to unforeseen circumstances, there are delays at our Lenovo Depot Repair center. We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. 

Thinkpad P72, Thinkpad T570
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 15

2020-11-25, 14:22 PM

Mine has been held hostage bY the great unwashed since mid October.  I loathe the call center.

Good luck.

PS I was told empty boxes are being shipped out of the depot as completed repairs.

Options

5 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 15

2020-11-25, 14:25 PM

Is there recourse?  I cannot understand how they get away with this.

Will never buy another lenovo. 

Options

6 Posts

11-01-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 7 of 15

2020-11-25, 22:02 PM

I feel your pain...

I'm in the same boat and I've lost track how many times I've pleaded for a refund.  My Yoga740 completely bricked back in Oct, only two months old and its been sitting at the Depot, with no end in sight.  Had no choice but to buy another laptop (different brand) as this was a work from home need.

I finally heard back from a Customer Service Rep today and was more or less told there's nothing they can (or will) do about it.

I'd be more inclined to tolerate this level of poor customer service if the laptop was year or older, but nearly brand new and they're screwing their customers like this?

I'll never buy or recommend Lenovo for either personal or professional use again- EVER.  I've never seen anything like this and I've had my share of PC's and dealt with many different PC companies, for decades.

This is disgusting.

Options

3 Posts

11-26-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 8 of 15

2020-11-26, 2:44 AM

My laptop is stuck in depot all month, many others are stuck for months.  This is PREMIUM care?  No response over and over again when calling in.  Went to an attorney today, they will get justice.

Options

2 Posts

12-05-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 15

2020-12-05, 19:35 PM

Same.  Sent in first week of November.  No one at any chat or call center can seem to help.  Worthless warranty service.  Has anyone received any updates?

Options

5 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 10 of 15

2020-12-05, 19:41 PM

I spent 2 hours on chat yesterday with a rep. Waste of time. Got nowhere,  though I was determined to stay on until they a) gave me an estimated repair date b) agreed to send replacement or c) refunded me. Needless to say, I got none of these. Just "you can escslate this" which ive done four times. The last time I escalated it they eventually responded offering me an additional 90 days on my warranty. I replied that that was useless on a laptop I DONT HAVE IN MY POSSESSION but to please respond with a, b, or c

They closed my escalation case. 

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. (NateS)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms