Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asim13
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Bad Service support X Carbon

Hi, i had problem with my Lenovo X Carbon 3rd Gen. The screen remains blank on starting laptop. It works fine while attached to external monitor over HDMI port. I have tried all the possible software tweeks like uninstalling last security patches etc. but nothing worked. I have opened a ticket since 18.August 2018 and telephoned with Service team. They asked me to send pictures of computer that i did immediately. They told me they have ordered new parts, later told me parts are now in house and a technical person should contact me shortly. Till date no one has contacted me. I have several telephone calls every other day, and they tell me they will ask the technical person to contact me. I have more than 100 days left for my warranty. I have urgent work pending but it seems Lenovo support don't really care. It's really bad service. I now really want to escallate the case to Lenovo management. Any ideas?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 467
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Bad Service support X Carbon

Hello asim13, welcome to the Community,

You don't mention it I'll ask, just in case, whether or not you made any BIOS settings changes in the Congig- Display menu and had set the boot display to something other than ThinkPad Display which is the default setting? If it's not as simple as that, which may have been over looked, would you care to post your case number and I'll try and see what I can find out for you.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Asim13
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 3 of 7

Hi, Thanks for quick reply. No i didn't change any BIOS settings, other than while booting, start changed to Diognostic mode that was after the screen went blank. The display set in BIOS is Thinkpad as default. And the same setting works with external monitor. My Case# 406QWYQ.

Also, i couldn't find this case on Lenovo support pages when i enter this case number and my computer serial number or my email address. But the service team to whom i spoke on telephone surely find this case number. I don't know what i need to do to able to see the repair status on Lenovo support.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 449
Message 4 of 7

Hi and thanks for the prompt response.

I'll try and find out what I can tomorrow and get back to you, I'm not going to be able to reach anyone at the current time.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Pavilion
Punch Card
Views: 430
Message 5 of 7

Lenovo is a company that supposedly sell reliable business grade computers, and when you want to buy their product's they keep bragging about how good the warranty service they have. This is not true, Lenovo has terrible service and warranty, I called the Lenovo calling center several times, most of the representative but not all of them have an attitude when they speak to you. They don't care about you or your problem, this is why I hate to deal with them, I'm not sure about the other countries, but I'm talking about the US services, they can help you but they won't because they are too lazy and they can get away with it. I filed a similar issue on the forums and found a lot more; the company needs to take action and solve the problems that customers are facing. I also saw some people even talking about how they ignore you, and no one helps you with the problem you have.

I hope you get your issue fixed, I travel a lot and use my laptop for everyday work, I can't deal with problems that could affect my productivity.

Asim13
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 6 of 7

So far i'm struggling without any success. Today 28 August has ended in Germany, the case was opened on 18 August, that will be counted on 19 August (Monday). 8 Working days have passed. Last week it was confirmed that the parts are ordered, recieved in house and i'll be contacted by Lenovo Tech but nothing happened. I'm frustrated as i need to complete important tasks and for that purpose i spent €1700 on X Carbon 3gen. But now looking on blank screen. Ahh....I'll definitely try to escallate it with Lenovo management in Stuttgart if they don't react soon. I'd appreciate any more ideas from readers. Thanks

Asim13
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 7 of 7

Breakthrough! Finally, The issue got resolved. Today early morning i received the much awaited Tech call to come for repair. The tech examined the blank screen and verified by attaching with external monitor where it was working. Changed the old monitor with new one he brought with. Then it worked partially, half screen and lots of coloured lines appreared below half of the screen. Then he connected external monitor again, removed the Display Adapter in Device manager, restarted machine and disconnected the external monitor and the new monitor worked fine. The tech confirmed it was mainly computer screen failure because if it was display adapter failure then at boot up time, the BIOS option should still be visible on old monitor but this was not the case. 

My thanks to Andy, who helped in moving the required services (i guess). On interest of Lenovo, i think this is not permanent solution that the Lenovo customer need to chase up in forums, calls etc. Lenovo needs to sit back and investigate what is wrong down the service line? The tech guy told me they are v.busy not because lots of Lenovos are breaking down but because there are less of techs available as compared to the required tasks. I think Lenovo would better know as intern but they definitely need to decide which way to go. Either increase the tech guys (if really less in numbers & if Lenovo can afford it cost wise) or change the service conditions from 2 days to 10 days, which of course may affect their customer market share.

I think IBM/Lenovo make really good machines but support and service is as much important as the machine itself and this is where they are making mistake.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors