Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-30-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo C940 Repairs

2020-01-24, 14:19 PM

Hi guys,

I purchased this laptop on October the 30th from the Lenovo website with the 3 year additional warranty (Onsite) including accidental damage protection. My unit arrived half way throuhg november but the chassis was deformed and there was a problem with the tackpad so I got the unit exchanged and recieved it on the 23rd of December. On my new unit, the digitiser was faulty, there was a lot of pen jitter so I complained. An engineer came to my house and replace the screen HOWEVER he has left scratches around the screen of my laptop (the metal bits) and accidentally damaged the screen so now there is a dead spot. I don't know what to do, I've been waiting since October the 30th for a GOOD UNIT but I havent received one so far and its getting annoying. I've emailed support now and I'll keep this updated but this is just ridiculous!

Options

10449 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32833 Signins

1220280 Page Views

• Views: 1220280
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo C940 Repairs

2020-01-24, 14:52 PM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

I think under the circumstances you should call in and complain; calling ensures you receive a case number immediately which then helps with tracking the repair progress. Quoting your original case number should help them in creating the new case.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

1 Posts

12-30-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo C940 Repairs

2020-01-24, 15:41 PM
Hi, I did call in but I don't think I received an adequate response. The person first said she couldn't do much but because I had accidental protection that I could send it in for a depot fix. But firstly, it was not my accident, the engineer did the damage and also received another faulty screen so why should it be under accidental damage? Secondly, I bought the accidental damage warranty with the 3 year onsite warranty, and as you go from basic warranty to onsite warranty - the accidental damage warranty increases in price too - so why should I send it to the depot? Shouldn't I still have the onsite option? Even if I do send it to the depot, it won't fix the scratches on the body will it. That's why I also emailed. I hope you understand. Thanks for your quick reply. Highly appreciate it!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms