Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 329
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Customer Support - Contact with Manager needed

I need contact details for a department / person / manager who can assist me in resolving this issue.

I purchased my Lenovo laptop from the Lenovo Online Store - 09 Oct 2015

In February 2016

I started experiencing an issue with the laptop, where it would shut down and restart. This would happen with no warning or the screen would flicker moments before the laptop restarts.

This does not happen every day when I use the laptop however when it does happen, it will keep restarting until I shutdown the laptop and sometimes I would even have to remove the battery. The laptop will run with no issue for a couple of days and then it restarts again. 

I contacted Lenovo Support

12 March 2016

The representative accessed my laptop remotely, installed Lenovo Solution software and ran diagnostic tests with results showing no heating issues.

Issue not resolved - was advised to use the laptop and phone in if the issue happens again.

15 March 2016

Contacted Lenovo Support - Access laptop remotely - Issue not resolved

1st Service case opened: 8006757559

Laptop sent to Lenovo Repair Center

28 March 2016

Laptop returned

Repair Report

- Fan was replaced

- Operating System Reloaded

The issue was not resolved and I contacted the Lenovo Support on numerous occasions, where I had to explain the problem every time I phoned because the representative could not see my previous phone calls on the system and I had to explain the issue from the beginning. 

After running diagnostics remotely numerous times, a 2nd Service case was opened.

08 August 2016

2nd Case Number: 7023732983

Laptop returned

Repair Report

- The report has no details of what was done, I could see that the Operating System Reloaded

Two days and the laptop restarted and kept doing this until, I shutdown the laptop.

22 August 2016

I phoned the Repair Center, the representative could not advise me what had been repaired when the laptop was sent in.

I was advised to send the laptop in again.

September 2016

3rd Case Number: 7023925523

Laptop returned

Repair Report

- The report has no details of what was done

Received the laptop and within two days of use the laptop is restarting.

Now I am not sure how to resolve this issue, I purchased this laptop to be used for work purposes and have been fortunate that my laptop has not restarted while I was running software, as this would cause damage on the system from a sudden shutdown.

I have spent $1,000.00 on a laptop that I cannot use because it keeps restarting, I have contacted the repair center on numerous occasions spending time explaining my issues each time I phoned and waiting for them run diagnostic tests.

I have sent my laptop into the Lenovo Depot Repair Center on 3 occasions with videos showing how the laptop restarts, and after all of the above over the last 8 months my laptop has the same issue, which has not been resolved.

I need contact details for a department / person / manager who can assist me in resolving this issue.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 227
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Customer Support - Contact with Manager needed

Hello Dalex, welcome to the Community,

I can understand that this has been frustrating for you, especially because it is a reoccurring issue which can be caused by anything from a driver conflict to an hardware failure. It would be interesting to know whether or not you experience or can provoke the behaviour in safe mode which would, if it doesn't behave as you describe, point toward a possible software or driver being the cause.

If you wish for your case to be escalated you can request an escalation through the support call centre who are able to do so on your behalf; they will also be able to explain any following steps to you.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Dalex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 175
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Customer Support - Contact with Manager needed

Thanks Andy

I will give the support call centre one last try and ask them to escalate my case.

I have no faith in this solution, and see myself throwing this laptop in the trash, after this attempt. 

Top Kudoed Authors