cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viktormadarasz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,276
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo P710 Order - Cancelled after 1 Month - Worst Customer Support and Experience EVER

Hi

Registered only to came and tell my story of Lenovo & Digital River

I ordered a CTO Lenovo P710 workstation on the 15th of november 2016 mid-day

I was happy as that was the day the 10% Black Friday promo has just started

Today on the 14th of December 2016 I cancelled my order and chose the exact same configuration & warranty, etc and placed my order for a Fujitsu Celsius R940 for only a 100 Euro difference in price ( Lenovo order with discount was 2071 and for the Fujitsu I pay 2174 euros )

My Order was Lenovo was delayed the 1st time as I was explained only cause the agent attending me was not aware the order was still in between the 10 workdays period ( means I called up to get an ETA when i get my product I was confirmed by the agent that the Factory is reporting back 27th of November) in the end I was told this ,,delay" as of course on the 27th my order
did not get shipped was Normal as Lenovo said cause it was still in between the 10 workdays period ( from 15th of November till the 28th of November so 27th was Not taken as delay but as Me being misinformed by the agent, however.

I got my 2nd Shipping date this time 02 of December 2016. Of course it was delayed again on the same day when it supposed to be shipped out

I got my 3rd Shipping date this time 13th of December 2016 and I was offered a 5% discount from the total price I paid for the machine ( from the 2071 euros)

I got my 4th Shipping date this time the 20th of December 2016. This was today 14th of December 2016 mid-day.

Problem is and I did voice my concern I have no guarantee that this time ( the 4th time) this indeed will be shipped or not as the Factory already gave me 3 shipping ETAs which they did not honor so, I think You understand the feeling

The reason was always ,,shortage of component cable SATA XYZ" ( if someone wants to know exactly pls PM or email me), practically it is the cable which goes from the Motherboard to the Blind connect special Back pane ( if You select this option up on customisation - I did as I did want this option - long story short your HDDs connect to a prefixed back pane with a click mechanism ( i have no better word for it ) and you dont need to fiddle around conecting power and data cables to the HDDs each time you replace or add to your system - It does not mean Hot Swap capability it is still cold swap but neat and nice as no cables to mess with -

My Main Problems are the ones below:

- I wasted a month of my life waiting for something i did pay in advance - gave my money out - which I never received eventually so now after a month i have no Workstation and I even have to wait to get my money back in theory maximum 7 workdays - lets hope they comply this SLA -

- It was always the same issue - Dont get me wrong I did not expect them to lie that Squirrels or Racoons broke into the factory and unplugged all cables and chew them so now again there is shortage, etc. - but after the 3rd time it was getting old and boring and annoying

- Apart from the 5% discount additional i was offered never ever any more or any other ,,thing or matter" was ever offered for my troubles ( continous delays and failing SLAs over and over again)

- When I did ask where can I escalate this any further I practically got the explanation which translates to this: I can either wait and hope or take my money back and go elsewhere. I asked specifically and I was told there is no Department which would address issues with Delays ( when it becomes more than X times during the same order for example - aka I understand if my order is delayed 1 time and after it is delivered OK then Fine of course no department investigates it, but when it is repetedly happens 3-4 times and always the same excuse shortage of whatever for example, then I d expect a department which d investigate what the hell is going on in their supplier/factory /3rd party wherever and see why they are failing SLAs towards them (Lenovo) and Causing troubles - no nothing as such exists I was told

- Neither any supervisor or anyone higher was ever offered to me to talk to or help move my case forward

- On 2x repeted occassion it happened : Sometimes i called the number of Customer service for Spain , Sometimes I did call their Central number in UK - note I am neither Spanish nor English ( Hungarian) but I do speak english just fine ( i work with it and lived abroad) and also spanish ( where i reside now)
i did alternate either with Spanish or English Customer Support cause 1., I dont care I can discuss my issue in any of the two languages , 2., somehow me stupid I thought I might get better news or more support one side or another on the Customer Support team -
It happened 2x times the English queue agent wanted to transfer me over to the Spanish queue for no apparent reason ( I speak english tough yes for sure im not native nor want to be) - She did that one time I was transfered over while I was still saying i am fine with english and She did want to pass me through the 2nd time
when I called up for cancellation of my order and the only reason She did not that I say ,, I am not spanish I speak english just fine please just cancel my order" - seems like they had enough of me already? when I should have felt that way already

- This is frankly the worst Customer Support I ever saw and I can only hope their warranty/repair system is a bit better - but frankly i dont care I took my money elswhere as i was suggested as option 2

- Like this its like Kickstarter, you pay money upfront and you either get what you ordered or not...be frank Kickstarter projects communication and lack of customer attention and support resembles a lot in what Lenovo and Digital River does and you can sit and wait to get your money back if you chose to cancel your order

I will never ever recommend Any Lenovo product to anyone - not workstation not phone not anything else they make. will do the same about Digital River and whatever services they might provide

Thanks for reading

Viktor

viktormadarasz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,197
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo P710 Order - Cancelled after 1 Month - Worst Customer Support and Experience EVER

Hi

UPDATE: 18/12/2016

After respecting the 72h Cancellation Window My Order still Shows as Order in Process

I have not received any confirmation email of my order being cancelled however I expressed it through various calls and emails. I officially cancelled it and I was told it was put in motion on Wednesday 14th of December at 5:35pm UK time.

As I paid via paypal , If I get no confirmation and see no status change by Monday the 19th of December 2016 I will initiate Paypals Buyers Protection and open an incident with Paypal to reverse my payment as I am left with no other option.

I sent Lenovo CS this email but as with many other emails in the past i expect no response at all ( its incredible Smiley Sad )

----

Hi

After respecting the 72h of cancellation window, and my order still shows as Order in Process as of today 18/12/2016

This is unacceptable!

I cancelled my order in time and I expressed through various calls and emails that I want my money back and i want to cancel my order

I cancelled my order via Phone on Wednesday 18:35 Spain / 5:35pm UK/Ireland and I was told the Cancellation process was put into motion.

If My order does not show as cancelled and i receive no confirmation email by Monday the 19th 2016 midday (13:00 Spain / 12:00 UK/Ireland)

I will execute the payment reverse and cancellation via Paypal and open an incident with Paypal for this and initiate Paypals buyers protection as You leave me no option to get my money back in a civilized and prompt manner

I will not beg for my own money. I was advised to wait or go elswhere and I chose the latter. Respect at least that SLA if You as a Company/Supplier was unable to meet any other SLA at all.

My order details are below: (obviously i wont paste those here )

----

Thanks for reading

Viktor

viktormadarasz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,091
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo P710 Order - Cancelled after 1 Month - Worst Customer Support and Experience EVER

UPDATE:

I opened a dispute case with paypal (i paid through them thank god) and explained the same situation overall including that I did try to settle with the seller and asked for a cancellation which after I honored the 72h window - my order still shows as Order in Process -

At this point I just want my money back and forget Lenovo for life

Thanks for reading

Viktor

viktormadarasz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,031
Message 4 of 5

UPDATE

As this morning 19th of December 2016 it still shows as Order in Process , I called up Lenovo and they opened an Incident ( on top of all this what has already happened) and I have to sit and wait 24-48h to get a reaction out of Lenovo or the Supplier Smiley Sad this is a nightmare

At least i have the case open for dispute with Paypal, i think I have all the odds in my favour.

Officially after the 29-30th of November 2016 ( ordered on 15th of November 2016) the order was not in its normal production ,,window" but in a delay - constant delay and shipping setbacks till the very day on the 14th of December 2016 when I phoned up then emailed also to have this cancelled once and for all

I hope that one way or another i get my money back ASAP

Thanks for reading

Viktor

Admin note; implied profanity edited. Keep it clean please.

viktormadarasz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 849
Message 5 of 5

UPDATE:

As of this morning 23rd of December 2016 My order still shows Order in process however more than a week ago I asked by Phone and via various emails i got no reply to to have my order cancelled and on the 19th of Monday 2016 I also opened an incident via Digital River Ireland Ltd.

As of now I have 3 ongoing official complaints open against lenovo.es and Digital River Ireland Ltd:

- Dispute case with Paypal

- An Official complaint form sent to the European Comission Alternative and Online Dispute Resolution

- An Official complaint sent to the Spanish Board of Consumer Rights office.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors