Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PC25
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Repair Service a joke?

Purchased a brand new ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) 3 months ago from here. Had to push them to send the laptop to begin with. The laptop itself served its purpose until I had an unfortunate spill accident. The laptop went completely blank and dead instantly. I understand the warranty dosent cover the spill damage, however, the repair center quoted me $700 for the repair. Thats almost enough for me to buy a new laptop. When I asked for an itemized bill to show me how they generate this quote, they simply told me, that's impossible, this is a standard quote to fix my laptop. I asked to buy parts to repair it myself, they quoted me $1500. At this point, I felt like been trolled. I didn't even pay $1500 for the brand new laptop. Is this the quality of Lenovo's repair service? Basically Lenovo is telling me that if you spill damage your 3 mos old laptop, you should just toss it in the trash and buy a new one, too bad for you! First and last time lenovo laptop buyer.  Think twice before you buy a Lenovo laptop.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,998
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Repair Service a joke?

Hi @PC25,

Can you send me a private message with your serial number and machine type number?

I will have a look at this for you.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

logan12345
Paper Tape
Views: 1,391
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Repair Service a joke?

The Lenovo Repair Service is without a doubt a joke.  I purchased the accidental damage as well as the three year warranty and I expected pretty good service for my payment.  Six months ago, I cracked the screen and contacted Lenovo and they sent a repair technician to my apt.  The technician went on to damage the screen more rendering my computer unusable and said that he would return with a replacement screen.  Several days later he went on to repair the screen but the computer was unable to boot up.  At this point he decided to replace the motherboard and hardrive.  After replacing these the computer still wouldn't start up.  With an unusable computer and several attempts to fix it over the phone with Lenovo I sent it in to be repaired.  They sent me back a computer (without my charger) but the sound doesn't work.  To try and fix the sound I tried everything I could think of including a factory reset due to the fact that I didn't have any files on my computer (thanks repair technician).  After doing this the battery life decreased to around 2 hours or less.  I guess what I am saying is Lenovo computers are great but it might be worth it to just buy a new product rather than deal with Lenovo warranty services.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors