Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex2005
Paper Tape
Views: 439
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Service destroyed my In-Warranty T460s with 3YO "Service"

Lenovo, you really let down a loyal Thinkpad customer with 10+ Notebooks since 2005.

My T460s with 3 Year On-Site warran has a problem and switches off abruptly when battery 2 elapses instead of switching to battery 1.

I call my local Lenovo Service Partner, they arrange to come and fix the issue.

Visit #1: You change the motherboard, it does not fix the problem but creates a new problem: no sound

Visit #2: You install a myriad drivers on my system, still no sound, still switches off abruptly

Visit #3: You change motherboard again, fixes sound issue, creates a new issue: screen flickering, the initial issue of power off on switch from battery 2 -> 1 is still not fixed.

So I started with a T460s power issue and I have lost 3 business days, my work is being destroyed and what I have now is a T460s with a power issue and a flickering screen. I cannot work and you do not help, you have just destroyed a loyal (circa 2005) customer.

What will you do now? Your service partner offered to come and change another motherboard, do you think I have nothing better to do than surrender my life's work in form of my laptop to you to try to install a myriad different motherboards on?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 331
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Service destroyed my In-Warranty T460s with 3YO "Service"

Hello Alex2005, welcome to the Community,

Could I ask you to create a battery report and take a screen snip of the below details:

batrep.JPGbatrep

In a command prompt with admin priviliges type in and then enter:

powercfg /batteryreport

Once created you will see similar to "Battery life report saved to C:\WINDOWS\system32\battery-report.html"

Open the Battery report HTML file to view it and post the above snip.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Alex2005
Paper Tape
Views: 300
Message 3 of 7

Batteries snip attached.

However, I find this irrelevant with my main complaint which is that your service in Greece actually broke my T460s instead of fixing it, which is a disgrace for a 15 year loyal customer with paid 3 year on site warranty. I got my motherboard changed twice, and had a myriad drivers installed on my system in a relentless trial and error by the "service" crew. What exactly am I paying for? So that your team can come and train themselves on my laptop? Why did I have to endure a motherboard without sound and now a situation with my screen flickering? Is there noone to take responsibility and ship my a brand new T460s as a replacement for the one that your service broke instead of fixing?

batteries.png

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 267
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for posting the information; an L2 engineer had requested it when I was discussing your case with him.

If you wish to open a complaint regarding the level of service you have received from a Susiness Partner or Depot you can request the Call Center, for your product & country, to create and open a complaint on your behalf, you will need your serial number and previous case number(s) at hand. The number to call for Think in Greece is 0030-2104-800-499

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Alex2005
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 5 of 7

Dear Andy,

You're a real let-down too.

No feedback for a week! The number you gave me is not a Lenovo number it's CPI, a service partner who claim they are not responsible for what the other Service provider did to my laptop!

This is a real joke, I have no help from anybody, instead of fixing my in-warranty laptop, you destoryed it and nobody takes responsibility!!!

I expect nothing else than a serious escalation of this and FINALLY a responsible reply - YOU BROKE  MY LAPTOP - DO YOU HEAR ME? DO you sincerely expect that I WILL LET THIS PASS LIKE THIS?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 172
Message 6 of 7

I'm sorry about that; it would appear the information I received and passed on was incorrect, not good. If you would like to send me your serial number by private message I can ask someone to look deeper into your situation.

Andy

English Community Leader

Alex2005
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 7 of 7

Andy, thanks for the update. Serial number sent via PM.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors