cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJQ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,144
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo Shipping, Customer Service, Credit, Charges.

I'm concerned about a recent purchase of a Lenovo P71 Mobile Workstation. I placed my original order on 5-28-2018 and I was charged for the order. My order was canceled by Lenovo after midnight of the following day, they could not provide any reason for the cancelation. Lenovo's credit department could not account for the funds and could only tell me they were released to my bank. However, my bank's fraud department proved Lenovo Group had processed the funds on their end and the money was in their hands. A few days later I received the refund and the bank gave the green light to proceed a second time. I placed the order again on 6-2-18 and the funds were withdrawn instantly. The bank confirmed the transaction was not on hold and it was cleared and processed by Lenovo Group. However, on 6-9-18 Lenovo decided to once again put the money back into my account and yet again withdraw and process the transaction yet again on 6-10-18, I was not informed of this until I was at a local convenience store and my card was declined and I received a call from my bank stating they have suspended all transactions due to Lenovo's suspicious activity. 

I have made an attempt to communicate with Customer Service and Sales and explain the situation. I tried to explain despite the small print that claims "We won't charge you until the product ships." You have indeed effectively charged me, and now because of this, I have absolutely no access to my checking account.  

As someone that works in the IT field, I've thrown down a lot of money on computers and equipment. I have never experienced such silliness with ANY other company or transaction ever! Financing a home is easier than purchasing a product from Lenovo. Thankfully I have nearly every interaction with Lenovo recorded. 

I do not appreciate the condescending attitudes from Customer Service or Sales AT ALL. 

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,816
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo Shipping, Customer Service, Credit, Charges.

You sometimes have to wonder given the declining quality of Lenovo sales and support whether Lenovo plans on staying in business or not.

I had a similar experience myself recently tying to purchase some Thincentre systems, with the orders first being delayed twice, and then just cancelled without any explanation.   

I finally just gave up fighting with Lenovo to buy their systems, and purchased what I needed from another major 4 letter US manufacturer, which by the way was seamless.

CJQ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,788
Message 3 of 13

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience and that you had to seek resolution elsewhere. I do agree with you completely, in fact. If I researched a little more about the experiences others have shared I could have made a better choice and purchased from another company. A company that would stand by its customers and show some integrity. But the fact is I'm using an older Lenovo product now from eight years ago. The company had a much stronger reputation then. It's a terrible feeling to make a business transaction with a company you once trusted, and then learn you've made a terrible error in judgment. 

CJQ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,413
Message 4 of 13

Order Canceled.

I received no resolution for my issues. I just received another email 24-hours ago stating my shipment will be delayed. For Lenovo to continuously deposit and withdraw four thousand dollars from my checking account is simply ludicrous. I have lost a little over twenty days of valuable time, with that being said I'm left with no choice but to cancel my order due to incredibly shady business practice and ethics. I'm forced to contact my bank and initiating a claim against Lenovo Group. That's it, I've had enough silliness. I have much empathy for all the people who have endured such an absurd experience.

Klowny
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,280
Message 5 of 13

Re: Order Canceled.

This makes me think I should cancel my 1.4k order as well. It's a lot of money to me and I can't afford to get ripped off.
CJQ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,269
Message 6 of 13

Hello

Thanks for the reply. If you cancel your order be very careful. 

I would highly recommend choosing an alternative company. Unfortunately, the horrible ethics with Lenovo Group didn't end there. This has been the most convoluted transaction I have ever encountered. Lenovo released the funds to my checking account after the order was canceled then randomly withdrew the funds on 6-18-2018 causing my bank account to ultimately be depleted after I just purchased a larger better workstation from a competing company. Lenovo Group caused an overdraft of my checking account of -3,774$ Lenovo Group was absolutely NOT authorized to make that transaction whatsoever. Now, once again thanks to Lenovo causing a massive issue at the bank. My accounts are frozen and the Fraud department is handling it with Lenovo. I would also like to point out the competing company was fantastic, a very streamlined process I had no issues and I'll have my product on Friday. As for Lenovo, they left me no choice but to seek litigation against the company. 

Why a consumer would have to go through all of that to order a product is absolutely dumbfounding!  

Klowny
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,264
Message 7 of 13

What was the company?
CJQ
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,262
Message 8 of 13

I went with the Dell Precision 7730. Its a few hundred more, But its worth the money just to avoid the hassle. 

Klowny
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,247
Message 9 of 13

I may cancel and look in to that. Thanks.
SB2018
Paper Tape
Views: 1,045
Message 10 of 13

I had a similiar issue.....it took them 2 weeks to finally "allow" me to make a purchase. In those 2 weeks, they charged 2 seperate cards over $10,000.00! Yes, $10K. They kept taking the money and putting it back. They woudl say it was my credit card company but we were able to confirm it was a Lenovo issue. No one at Lenovo woudl tell me anything about why it was happening or when they would resolve it. Apparently, they have some very secretive methods that come at the expense of the customer. If you notice, no one at Lenovo responds to these posts. They stay away from them almost entirely.

They finally processed my order and told me 14 days for delovery. That was 11 days ago. Now the site says it wont ship for another 3 weeks! It just keeps changing. BTW - their return policy is strictly based on the "invoice date" (date of order) and not the delivery date. Basically, by the time they ship it, my return rights woudl be expired.

I agree, Lenovo has some issues they need to work out. I'm cancelling the order. Can't trust them at this point.

Top Kudoed Authors