Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Views: 273
  • Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Support - Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-04, 2:08 AM

Okay, I've read some posts on here and now I am scared to hear about Lenovo's Support. I have been using the Support Chat for more than two weeks and have not recieved any updates on the box that is suppose to be shipped to me so I can send my laptop in for repair. Now I work for a large transporation company and our laptops (100K+) of them are a majority of Lenovos. I was one of the development manager at my company that gave the okay to purchase laptops from Lenovo. So I thought, let me buy one for my son since Lenevo laptops are proven and have never given me any problems. I'm very disappointed so far. 

My ordeal started the day after Christmas - I bought a Lenovo flex 5 for my son. The touch screen did not work and I used the chat feature to troubleshoot the laptop. I followed all the instructions they provided and used the chat feature to followup with Lenovo. They issued a repair service order and they were suppose to ship out a box using FedEx in three days. It never came. Now remember, I'm in the transportation industry which Fedex and UPS play in. I know that during Christmas it is crazy for someone to ship out a box. But this is after their peak season and I gave them a couple of days. Contacted them again and still NO Box - They stated a case manager would work on this - No RESPONSE.

Contacted them again - same scenario: Let me look at my resources - the box should be coming - don't see the tracking number in the system - a case manager will contact you via email - NO RESPONSE!!!

This time my patience is already declining - I called them and asked for an electronic shipping label so I can send my laptop for repair - again I was told that they will create a service order, an electronic label will be created and a case manager will contact me. -NONE has happened.

I've been at this since December 26th and I just chatted with them again (1/3/2018)- now they told me that it was stuck in the system??? Really??? Come on! I've never been so disappointed with Lenovo - I was always a person who supported their products at my company and now I am second guessing their support for the consumer. Our support at the company that I work for is great, well that's because most of our computers are Lenovo and we have the $$$.

All I'm asking is for my son's laptop to be fixed before he goes back to school. 

Need HELP PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Support - Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-05, 2:49 AM

Okay people. I didn't recieve a box to ship my laptop to the service center however, I recieved a Return Lable via Email!!! Yes, FINALLY I can send back my son's laptop for repairs. I went a purchased a box from FedEx for the laptop and I doubled boxed it. Box within a box just in case. There is bad weather back east and I don't want to take a chance. Now I will keep everyone updated on my experience with the repair process. Tomorrow (1/5/2018), I will be shipping it out to the service center. 

I have to say thank you to the service tech - Earlson for helping me get the Return Label. Who knows when I would have recieved the box. Thanks Earlson!

Now with the journey of my repair. I will keep people posted on my experience.

See ya all later. 

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Update #3 Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-11, 2:31 AM

Hello everyone,

So I wanted to share my on going experience with the repair process:

Today (1/10/2018) at 9:51 am Eastern Time my package (repair package) was delivered to the service center. The package was signed by GGRAYBEAL. I am giving them a day or two to update the Repair Status on the Lenovo Support site. As of today (1/10/2018) 6:23 pm Pacific Time - the status still shows : 12‎/‎29‎/‎2017‎ ‎5‎:‎48‎:‎02‎ ‎PMWaiting for system to be shipped to the Lenovo Service Center. I'm giving them a day to update the status report because I know they recieve a lot of repairs however, the clock starts. I believe they are committed to have my laptop repaired within 7 days and then an extra day for testing. 

Again, I wanted to keep everyone in the loop so people who have issues or challenges with repairs could have a timeline on when products will be repaired. Note: my Laptop needs the screen to be replaced. So I will wait and see what happens. If you are looking for a box to ship your items back to the service center- FedEx has a great laptop box. When I shipped my laptop, I placed that box in another box to be sure it got there with no package issues.

Keep everyone posted on my Update #4. 

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

Update #4 Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-12, 18:14 PM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update on what is going on with my repair. Seems that the Status Repair Website is not updating on a timely manner. Per my previous post, it was still showing that the service center was still waiting on the package to be delivered. Well, I had to refer back to the support chat to see if they recieved my repair package. The person who I chatted with assured me that my package has been recieved and the check up on the status next week. He also comfirmed that there is a delay on the update of the status on the repair website and to check on Monday - So I made a printout of the conversations that I am having with the support chat --- just in case.

There is suppose to be an update to their system this weekend...hopefully they will fix the delay on the status website.

Keep you updated on Monday --- hopefully I will have a status on my repair. Have a great weekend everyone and keep you posted on my 5th post.

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

Update #5 Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-16, 5:02 AM

Hello everyone,

So today, I decided to check on my repair status on the Lenovo website. Still showing that my repair is not at the facility and it is waiting for shipment. 

I tried to use the Support Chat feature...guess what....Does NOT work anymore. Gives me that I cannot access the site because it is off hours. When in fact I would access the site during my evening hours. What the heck is going on with Lenovo??? IF the site is down, they should just be honest and post a "head's up" that they are. 

Now I am going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out what my status is on my repair. If I cannot use their chat feature then it's back to the telephone. 

Keep everyone updated. Until tomorrow. 

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

Update #5.1 Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-16, 5:07 AM

Okay...either I missed the memo but Chat Support only works during this time:

Available 10 AM – 10 PM EST, Mon - Fri.

Just in case somebody needs to access the Chat Support.

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

Update #6 Disappointed - No Case Manger Response - No Box for Return or Shipping Label

2018-01-18, 6:12 AM

Hello everyone!

Update #6

So I called yesterday to find out what was going on with my repair. I used the support chat feature to see if they had my laptop again --- I know I am trolling them --- but I wanted to make sure and be sure. The tech was very nice and gave me an update on my status. Told me that they had it in their possession and they are working on it. 

Today---> I checked the status on the Repair Status Website - I'm happy to say that there is an update to my status!!! Yes!!! Finally!!! This is what it read:

‎1/‎17‎/‎2018‎ ‎3‎:‎51‎:‎11‎ ‎PMGREAT NEWS!!! We have successfully repaired your machine! After a final quality check and cleaning we will ship your machine back to you.

Look like I will be recieving my repair soon. I will keep everyone posted on when I recieve my repair back and give you my thoughts on this experience. 

Until update 7

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

Update #7 PISSED OFF NOW - Disappointed WTH- No Case Manger Response

2018-01-25, 6:49 AM

Okay people,

Now I'm pissed off. After so many weeks of waiting and waiting for Lenovo support to provide a label or send me a box to get my laptop repaired. It comes back with a major scratch on the back of the screen- like someone took an exacto knife to it. When I sent it in (see pictures), there were not any scratches on the back of the laptop. I packed it so no damage would occur (I should know how to pack a box - I work for Corporate UPS). Now I have a laptop screen that is damaged by the repair depot. What the #@@!!!????!!!!  How could they allow this to pass "quality control!!!" If the LAPTOP did not come in with any damage then the laptop should arrive with NO DAMAGE!!! Come On Lenovo, I thought you took care of your customers!!! Now I have to go through the the fricken merry go around with the SO-CALLED Technical Support Representative. This just sucks!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME IF LENOVO IS MONITORING THIS POST!!!!

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

Update #8 Calmed Down - Sending Laptop back for Repair

2018-01-25, 16:26 PM

Hello people,

Here I am again. So I called Lenovo Tech Support today about my laptop. I spoke to Jenny (she is the best person I've spoken to during my ordeal) about what is going on. People, when you send your computer in for repairs - MAKE SURE that you take pictures. I was able to show proof that when I sent my laptop in, there were no signs of damage. Sent Jenny the pictures and they gave me another Case Number to ship my laptop back. Hopefully second time is a charm because I don't want to go through this again. Jenny was very helpful and was able to create a case number and provide the shipping label electronically. 

Thank YOU JENNY!!!

I will keep everyone updated on my post.

Options

11 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

42 Signins

273 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

Update #9 Laptop repaired - being tested - shipping!!! FINALLY

2018-02-02, 1:06 AM

Hello community,

So my laptop is coming back to me!!! YES! 

Here is what the RepairStatus website has:

Detailed Order History

‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018‎ ‎8‎:‎18‎:‎27‎ ‎AMA service ticket has been created on your behalf on 2018-01-25. The ticket number for your current service incident is xxxxxxxxxx

‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018‎ ‎8‎:‎24‎:‎13‎ ‎AMWaiting for system to be shipped to the Lenovo Service Center

‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018‎ ‎6‎:‎09‎:‎07‎ ‎PMYour machine was collected on 2018-01-25 and is now in transit to Lenovo ServiceCenter

‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018‎ ‎12‎:‎51‎:‎19‎ ‎PMGREAT NEWS!!! We have successfully repaired your machine! After a final quality check and cleaning we will ship your machine back to you.

Yes finally!!!

Looks like Lenovo changed their Support structure as I am getting updates on the website about my laptop. I must say that Support (call center) has improved compared to the first time I dealt with them on my 1st and 2nd posts. They were able to provide the "right service" and I felt like a customer and not a number. 

Keep you posted once I recieve my laptop. YES!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)