Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XTRNTR
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Support in Singapore

Dear Lenovo,

your customer support in Singapore is atrocious. There is no way for me to repair my x220 thinkpad. As a hearing impaired individual, I am not able to contact the customer service hotline for help and there is no email alternative for me to contact them. I was able to get my friends to call them on my behalf, but apparently the 4 year "warranty" for on-site repair does not apply because they need to "verify" that the damage is covered under the warranty at the service center. Ok. Fine.

The service center closes at 6pm on weekdays, making it impossible for me to reach even if i dashed out of the office on the dot. The service center is closed on weekends, which makes it impossible for me to repair my laptop even if i wanted to sacrifice my Saturday running errands. The drop-off service with the local postal service has been apparently discontinued for 2 years. There is a drop-off point for Lenovo laptops nearby my house, but they apparently do not accept ThinkPads.

summary:

1) postal service discontinued around the time i bought laptop
2) on-site service requires me to bring my laptop to service center to determine damage - what is the point of on site repair then??? they did not state this in the receipt, i only found out after calling them

3) working hours that seem more convenient for lenovo technicians than actual customers

Is this your idea of "customer service", Lenovo Singapore?

KlvL
What's DOS?
Views: 389
Message 2 of 2

Lenovo Support in Singapore

You are absolutely right. Unhelpful operating hours. Their repair service outsource to 3rd party which seems to separate into consumer and business users. Drop-off points limited. Product such as Miix 2 8 totally unreliable - touch screen totally stop working. Search Miix 2 touch screen issue in Google and you find lots of incidents.

But seriously, in today's world, 'on-site' repair is already non-existence. Many computer vendors no longer has this.

People always think buying computer from Acer is bad. At least their service center project better professional image - compared to some run-down shops.

Moderator edit: Large and pointless image deleted

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors