cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Administrator
Views: 6,726
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo System Toolbox - Valuable tools for ThinkPads and Lenovo 3000 series models

All,

Check out this short video with Matt Kohut and the project leads for system tool box...

Then consider downloading Lenovo System Toolbox Here

One limitation I should note - this application will not run on most IdeaPads at this time, as this is a function of the values the toolbox checks for in the system bios.
Best regards,
Mark
Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 11-12-2008 06:30 AM
Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 11-12-2008 10:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 6,698
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo System Toolbox - Valuable tools for ThinkPads and Lenovo 3000 series models

tool is quite intresting to discover.. but sadly it wont install on mah system says i don have the license  :smileysad:  
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 6,619
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo System Toolbox - Valuable tools for ThinkPads and Lenovo 3000 series models

Nice toy to play around with but for real hardware checks not really usable. Windows is using the HAL and some functions might be blocked by Windows. Still great if you need to check network connections, sound or video. Overall nice tool.

But to be honest nobody needs the file thing Smiley Happy

John_Deskside
What's DOS?
Views: 6,566
Message 4 of 7

Every Lenovo ThinkPad I install the Lenovo System Toolbox gets a Security Warning that no antivirus is installed. There is a button to click to choose one of your offerings. The company I support is using Trend Micro AV. Is there any way to get the Lenovo System Toolbox to recognize the Trend Micro AV?

Thank you.

Deskside

tbessie
Punch Card
Views: 6,290
Message 5 of 7

When I run System Toolbox for the 1st time, it runs forever and never finishes.  See:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_Utilities&message.id=3204&query...

Any help would be appreciated.

For now I'll have to remove it.

- Tim

stealthth
802.11n
Views: 6,288
Message 6 of 7

very cool and nice update to PC Doctor
siffe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,952
Message 7 of 7

Nice.  Only not so nice thing I've noticed is that when I start System Toolbox, immediately the security event log starts logging "failed logon attempt by MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0" (eventID 680, most error codes are 0xC000006A). 

All the PC's logon accounts are tested first, then only administrator, which quickly gets locked out.  The loggings continue as long as the program is open.  Is there any way to stop this other than disabling the log?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors