11-27-2007

US

254 Signins

5143 Page Views

• Views: 5143
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ThinkPlus Services Registration Confirmation - improvements can be made-

2010-12-08, 2:06 AM

I have been part of the "ThinkPlus" services in the past, and I can honestly say that once the companies split (IBM service-warranty / Lenovo Hardware) it was one headache after another! It seems things have changed. However, there seems to be room for improvement!!!

First I purchased 3YR on-site service and accidental damage protection for the laptop. This is the information provided on the spread-sheet:

Order NumberOrder LineRow NumberOrder DatePart NumMach Type (4 Digit)Serial NumberOffering Purch Date (Optional)Hardware Purch Date (Optional)Return Email Address (Optional)
1234567890101 2010-XX-XX 11X1111  1234
  A123CB    

2010-XX-01
  XXXX@XXXX.com                                                                                                 

PO NumberRegistration Status
  FF12345  Registration Successful

OK, registration for what? How do I know it got registered with the correct warranty I purchased?

Also the email "contact information - P# -" is missing

Order Status: Registration Results

Order Number: 1234567890

Dear Lenovo Customer,

Thank you for purchasing Lenovo Services.

Lenovo has processed the registration of Lenovo Services on your behalf. The attached file contains the offering(s) you purchased <--again, I fail to see this on the attached file- and the machine(s) you registered for these offerings.

Please review the attached spreadsheet:

It will indicate one or more of the following:

·        Registration Accepted – Lenovo Services offering has been registered.

·        The machine type/serial number you provided was not found.

·        The machine type/serial number is not compatible with the offering you purchased.

·        The machine type/serial number has already been registered.

·        The quantity of machines is greater than the quantity of the services remaining to be registered.

If any of the above errors were found, please correct the information in the attached file, save the file in XLS format, and return the email and updated XLS file to srs_tplus@lenovo.com

If your registration was accepted, you are now ready to start using this offering today.  Simply contact Lenovo support at . <-It ends with a period...nothing else!!!

Maybe some additional improvements can be made in this process.

ETA: I see a lot of this for  warranty -ThinkPlus- upgrade options(in different vendor sites, including some MAJOR online retailers that offer ThinkPad/Lenovo products)

XXX years "on-site repair service with a NBD response target including TPP is valid from the purchase date of the ThinkPlus, runs concurrently with warranty period of the machine type, and for an additional 12 months after the warranty period expires. A service technician will be dispatched to arrive at your location within the next business day from the time the problem determination is finished. In all other cases the date and time for on-site intervention will be mutually agreed upon."

Not sure what Lenovo and/or IBM is passing to the retailers, but many of them have the same description:

"...for an additional 12 months after the warranty period expires". 

Currently own: X220T, X220, X230, X250, T430, T450, W550s 3K,
P50 4K Xeon 64GB, 4TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD
P50 FHD (Upgraded), 48GB, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB Spinner,
Options

37 Posts

05-18-2010

USA

312 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Views: 1597
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ThinkPlus Services Registration Confirmation - improvements can be made-

2010-12-08, 17:17 PM

To start things off, i'd like to ask a few questions;
1. Where did you purchase the machine/warranty?
2. What is the machine's Type? This is usually in a fomat of XXXX-XXX for machine type/model
3. From whom was this email sent?
4. If required, can you provide the POP for the machine?

I'd like to make sure that this machine's warranty is properly registered, and that it causes no issues in the future. Now as far as the "Registration Successful" part is concerned, i want to double check that in the systems myself.

The systems that are in place now are really all there is at our disposal. I'm not sure what the group who sent the email has, but i know what i have in front of me. That aside, the 12mo after your warranty has expired is a Post warranty, it's just a saftey net to catch the unit and throw it back on warranty when the initial coverage ends.

Just PM or respond to this and we'll see what we can do.

Options

169 Posts

11-27-2007

US

254 Signins

5143 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo ThinkPlus Services Registration Confirmation - improvements can be made-

2010-12-09, 0:27 AM

wrote:

To start things off, i'd like to ask a few questions;
1. Where did you purchase the machine/warranty?

CDW

2. What is the machine's Type? This is usually in a fomat of XXXX-XXX for machine type/model

3. From whom was this email sent?

srs_tplus(AT)lenovo.com
4. If required, can you provide the POP for the machine?

Who's asking? :smileywink:  NP!

I'd like to make sure that this machine's warranty is properly registered, and that it causes no issues in the future. Now as far as the "Registration Successful" part is concerned, i want to double check that in the systems myself.

The systems that are in place now are really all there is at our disposal. I'm not sure what the group who sent the email has, but i know what i have in front of me. That aside, the 12mo after your warranty has expired is a Post warranty, it's just a saftey net to catch the unit and throw it back on warranty when the initial coverage ends.

Just PM or respond to this and we'll see what we can do.

ETA: As of December 13th...the Lenovo site has not updated ANY warranty information.

Options

169 Posts

11-27-2007

US

254 Signins

5143 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2011-01-07, 6:09 AM

Over a month, still no update on the website.

Again, the confirmation is so generic...I hope I never have to use that as "proof"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete