Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dangerous_Dave
Punch Card
Views: 865
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X1 Carbon warranty

I'm trying to ascertain the warranty status of my Lenovo X1 Carbon, which was purchased second hand recently here in the UK. Inputting the serial number into the online system suggests that the machine still has warranty until 28/01/2019. But since I am not the original owner, will I still be covered by this warranty?

I had thought that the warranty goes with the machine, until checking over the phone earlier today, when the agent suggested that I would need the original invoice/proof of purchase to be covered by the warranty. I had not thought that this was the case, and that I did not need documentation to claim the warranty.

Could someone clarify this issue for me please? I have been trying to contact Lenovo by phone again for confirmation but their system appears to be down (I just get cut off every time).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 796
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon warranty

My understanding is that warranty rules are different by-country.  You will need someone in UK to verify.  (In U.S., it is as you describe - the warranty goes with the machine.)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors