Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 732
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Yoga 720 Pen Input Issue

I'm experiencing an issue with my Lenovo Yoga 720. I got it in February, this issue has persisted mostly the whole time I've had it, although it took me a while to figure out what the issue was.

There is a patch of screen that doesn't recognize pen input properly, near the middle of the screen, right where I draw. I thought it was palm recognition so I bought gloves, got Lenovo to replace the pen, which was fraying after only a few months of use, until I realized it always happens in the same place and no where else.

I sent it in for repair and they claimed "no issue" through email, but I described the issue again thoroughly and they replaced the screen. It seemed to work initially but then stopped working again almost right away.

I sent it in for repair a second time, and they sent it back without emailing me saying they could find no issue.

I immediately contacted support to complain, spent a long time in remote support as they updated drivers, had me replace pen batteries, and I kept checking the issue, it repeated the same every time. It's still an issue, I had to leave for work. I talked to another service representative today and I guess I'm sending it away for repair a third time. I am so frustrated, this computer was so expensive and it's been broken for the purposes I purchased it for the whole time I've had it. I need it to work, I do digital artwork for a living, and I can't afford another machine in the meantime! It's a week everytime I send it in and frequently I have to wait to ship it because I have deadlines, and have to awkwardly draw around this stupid hole. I'm about ready to demand a refund.

The patch seems to be over where the laptop gets hottest on the keyboard side, which would touch the back of the screen when it is in tablet mode. But the issue happens even when the computer is completely cold, and it doesn't seem like the laptop gets so hot it should fry a bunch of sensors.

Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone used this laptop regularly for drawing (or note taking) and NOT had this issue? Are there any other Lenovo laptops that CAN be used as a drawing tablet without these issues, in case I have to demand a replacement?

I've attached an image of our repeated testing (in the windows ink sketch workspace) and here is a video of the issue happening in Clip Studio Paint. It happens in all programs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFIDyt3bEMsketchIssues-sept2018.png

As you can see it's not every single stroke in that area, just most of them. 

Hector_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 709
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 Pen Input Issue

Hi gblekk!

Welcome to the Community,

Sorry for the trouble. Does the same issue happen when using a different program for paint / drawing? Please share us the repair case number / serial number via private note, so we can further check the repair history.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hector_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 695
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for the details. We've received your private message. We can see that our chat support assisted you and created repair ticket for your laptop. For now, let's have our repair facility diagnose the issue further. If ever they've provided the same findings or they provided you any update regarding the repair, please let us know here.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 653
Message 4 of 12

Update: I sent my laptop in for repairs, it took a while to ship in because I had some work to finish on it first and then there were fedex delays. They have had it since 10/23. On 10/25, I got a note on my repair status to call them, but there Repair network has been down since then, so I can not schedule a service call and, and live assistance chat is useless because they can't access the database. Purchasing this laptop has been the worst and most expensive mistake I've ever made. 

Hassen_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 648
Message 5 of 12

Hello gblekk,

We hear your frustration and sincerely apologize as this is not the best that we wanted our customers to experience. Our repair technicians only work during business days rest assured that they will be working hard to get the needed parts, fix and test the laptop before sending it back to you. Were you able to get a hold of our technical support team over the phone? If not, then here's how you can contact them:

877-453-6686
English
24 hours/day 7 days/week
Lenovo Products

You may also utilize our repair status website for updates: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/repairstatus?linkTrack=MastSmiley FrustratedubNavSmiley Frustratedupport:Warranty%20and%20Repair:Re...

gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 634
Message 6 of 12

Hi Hassan,

I didn't try to contact them on the weekend because I knew they'd be closed. The issue is that the repair system is broken, so I can contact support but they can't look up my case so they can't give me any information on the laptop. And I'd assume in the meantime they are not doing anything to fix it, since they need me to contact them before they can continue.

Maybe they are even already done fixing it. I did leave a big note with the laptop to contact me before shipping it back, because the last time I sent it in they claimed there was no issue and just shipped it back to me without doing anything. I couldn't afford to loose the laptop for another two weeks without any repairs being done on it, and now I'm without it for more time not even knowing if it's being repaired. I need my laptop, fixed, so I can work!
gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 601
Message 7 of 12

To update, after many weeks of being unable to get any info on my case I finally got my case escalated by complaining on Twitter. Which felt like progress, but after one email from my case manager she's dropped off the face of the planet.
gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 582
Message 8 of 12

Another business day, another struggle to get information out of my case manager. Last week I was offered a replacement in a form email that talked a lot about what to do if I still had my own machine - which I don't, it's been at the repair place in North York for weeks.

I asked to extend the warranty (seems like a good idea, considering the issues I had with the last one) and when the new one will come, I am worried if it takes longer than black Friday to be resolved there will be shipping and supply issues.

I finally got an email reply yesterday after posting here, on Twitter, and multiple failed phone calls, but all I got was a flat "no" on the warranty extension and that she couldn't promise the laptop would ship before Black Friday. (I also asked if they could include a case for it for my troubles, but she didn't acknowledge that. Whatever.)

This is so frustrating!! My laptop is broken for months. The original laptop took 10 days to ship from China - if the replacement they are offering coming from China, and it won't even be "shipped" until the end of the week? Is there another laptop that is already in North America with similar specs that I could get sooner? I have no idea if the order has even been placed. I have so much work to do I need a laptop for.
gblekk
Not applicable
Views: 513
Message 9 of 12

So finally the weekend of Black Friday I got really fustrated that the order for my replacement still hadn't been put in, so I contacted the Better Business Bureau.  I submitted a complaint Saturday, they got back to me Monday (Cyber Monday) morning, and by that afternoon I was on the phone with a great service rep who offered me a better laptop and assured they would get it to me as soon as physically possible. 

That was a week ago. While it's nice to be offered a better laptop and be talking to someone who actually responds to my emails, and I at least now have an order number for the laptop, I still don't actually have a laptop. The ship date was this past Saturday, it still hasn't shipped. My customer care rep says that those numbers are just an estimate and maybe my order has been delayed by the holiday weekend. Well, yeah, that's what I was worried about when I made the complaint! My laptop very expensive laptop has been broken since August, and now we're getting into the Christmas season, and it's replacement is now I guess being shuffled among what is probably hundred of Black Friday and Christmas orders. 

I feel like every time I get my case escalated they're just telling me sweet lies to get me to shut up about it for another week. I am exhausted. 

practical
Not applicable
Views: 467
Message 10 of 12

What ultimately happened, please?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors