Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zayl218
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 730 - keyboard repair

I sent my lenovo Yoga in for a repair that was covered under warranty. A row of keys stopped working only a month after purchasing it. I sent the laptop off on december 21st. After the repair depot received the laptop I was told the corner of the casing was bent and the screen is now lifted from the machine. This damage was caused in shipping and I sent the repair rep pictures of my machine prior to shipping. I was only met with comments that my pictures were not taken at the exact same angle as theirs. I wish I would have requested a picture of the box they received my computer in. My case has been escalated but even after contacting the escalation rep and showing them my pictures I have not gotten any response from them in almost a month. I'm an engineering student and its now a month into the semester. Not having my laptop has been making my life at school much more difficult. My only question is that are all of the lenovo employees trained to distrust the customer regardless of the situation? Even the escalation rep tried to tell me that my screen looked scratched when it was obviously my desktop background. I even sent them a copy of that and never received a reply. Could I please get in touch with someone to get this process over with so I can get my laptop back as soon as possible? I would also like to add that you should insure your packages to prevent this from happening to other customers in the future, or atleast give the customer an oppurtunity to pay extra for it. I would definatley like to request insurance for the laptop when it is shipped from the repair depot back to me. This whole experience has left me feeling quite bitter in regards to this companys quality of customer service.

arctiumlappa
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 - keyboard repair

Hi,

I wonder which row was it? And how they were going to fix it?

One row of letters have just stopped working on my computer....

Zayl218
Paper Tape
Views: 286
Message 3 of 6

It was from the 3 to the c key in a row. You have to replace the whole keyboard it was probably an issue caused when it was made. One of the ribbon connectors to the motherboard could have been severed. Honestly at this point I would have been better off ordering the part and fixing it my self.

arctiumlappa
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 4 of 6

Hi Zayl218,

thanks for your answer. i miss a bit different set of keys...

to my understanding it's not as easy to replace a keyboard on these laptops as it was on older ones (not just open it up and disconnect a few cables). am i wrong?

cheers,

a.l.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 242
Message 5 of 6

Hello Zayl218, welcome to the Community,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've requested the Customer Relations team to contact you about your case, hopefully that will happen very soon.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Zayl218
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 6 of 6

I was just contacted by the escalation case manager. She informed me that she has given the green light to the depot to repair the damages to my pc as well as the keyboard. Which is fine, but I still remain skeptical until I have received my laptop in full working condition.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors