Options

1 Posts

11-28-2017

US

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 28

Lenovo cancelled my order for no reason!

2017-11-28, 2:17 AM

Hi,

I've ordered a ThinkPad P51 on Nov 23th with Thanksgiving day deal. And the order was cancelled by the lenovo for no reason after a few hours. I've contact with several reps to find help, and the problem has not been solved yet.They told me send an email to lenovo, and they will help me rebook the order.  After two emails, I have not got any reply yet.

A week passed and the deal was expired, and my problem was still unsolved.

A very disappointed customer.

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 28

Re: Lenovo cancelled my order for no reason!

2017-11-28, 20:56 PM

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

3 Posts

11-29-2017

US

13 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 3 of 28

2017-11-29, 21:21 PM

Hi there,

I placed an order for a Yoga 920 on Cyber Monday and woke up to an email saying that I had canceled my order. I had not canceled my order and in fact, can't wait to get the laptop!  I called them right away and spoke to someone who said she could "void the cancellation." She could not explain why the order was suddenly canceled. Needless to say, I am kind of stressed about what is going on. I specifically waited to pull the trigger on Cyber Monday so I will be SO UPSET if they come back and tell me there's a problem with my order!  So bizarre and seems kinda shady. Anyone else this has happened to or anyone have an idea why this happens...?

Options

4 Posts

11-28-2017

US

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 4 of 28

2017-11-29, 23:33 PM

It does seem shady, something is wrong and they don't want to admit to an error in their payment process!

Options

3 Posts

11-29-2017

US

13 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 5 of 28

2017-11-30, 2:37 AM

Well in spite of the person who supposedly "voided my cancellation," I received two more emails stating my order was cancelled. I was beyond mad. I called and spoke to a hapless person in the Phillippines who was of no help and stated that there was nothing he could do, but connect me to a sales person to reorder the laptop! I tried to explain that I had bought the laptop on Cyber Monday using Ebates, which was giving a 12% rebate that day, and of course it is not as good anymore. In the end, I got a decent salesperson who gave me a discount, but I still ended up paying $40 more than what it would have been through Ebates on Cyber Monday. The Lenovo salesperson told me there was an "internal glitch" in the system that caused my cancellation and that this has happened to A LOT of people. I am pretty irritated with this company and disappointed in my first transaction with Lenovo.

Options

4 Posts

11-28-2017

US

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 6 of 28

2017-11-30, 21:59 PM

Im glad you found a solution, I found one also after no help could be done through lenovo I tried my buddies account and bought it through his with my paypal account and it went through. Stupid that I am being blocked and told that I need to use alternate forms of payment when my payments are not the issue, its lenovo's validation issue! $#$+%^& kinding me!!!! I will buy dell from now on I guess, the only reason I kept trying is because I have been a lenovo loyalist. If they dont want to help me I will give my customers dell's from here on out. Good luck with your future purchases

Options

14 Posts

01-25-2010

US

49 Signins

300 Page Views

• Views: 300
  • Message 7 of 28

2018-08-13, 20:03 PM

Looks like this is still going on. I ordered a P52 last week. They locked the funds on my card and sent a confirmation - and then this morning I received a mail saying they received my cancelation request and would attempt to process it. I called immediately and they said they would undo the cancelation request. But a couple hours later, I received an email tellimg me the order is now canceled. They still haven't released my money though. Not sure why they don't want to sell me a computer but I would have appreciated it if they could just cancel the order themselves instead of blaming it on me.

Options

10 Posts

09-15-2008

US

14 Signins

152 Page Views

• Views: 152
  • Message 8 of 28

2018-10-16, 4:46 AM

Lenovo just cancelled an order on me without any explanation for a custom T480.    Ordered the laptop yesterday using a credit card.  Credit card issuer approved the transaction.  Credit card and address  is the same address I have used for years, including for a previous laptop ordered from Lenovo 3 years ago.   My credit is excellent.

Not going to waste any more time dealing with Lenovo on this issue.   I have exclusively used Thinkpads for over 15 years now.  Time to switch to a laptop vendor such as Dell who will appreciate my money.

Options

1 Posts

11-28-2018

CA

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 9 of 28

2018-11-28, 18:30 PM

Definitely still going on. I ordered a Legion Y530 on cyber monday and it was cancelled for no reason. Called my bank, they're not the ones who cancelled the transaction. Called Lenovo support, they said they couldn't do anything because the order number didn't exist. It was charged to my credit card. Tried the chat support, and the guy said he could fix my problem, and that he ordered a new one for me. And then he sent me an e-mail saying the product is out of stock and hasn't replied since. 0/10 service.

Options

2 Posts

11-30-2018

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 10 of 28

2018-11-30, 23:06 PM

I placed an order on 11-29-18 for a P52. My bank immediately approved the credit card transaction and placed an authorization hold on my account. Two and a half hours later Lenovo cancelled my order. "For any questions, please call Credit Card Services at 1-855-253-6686. Agents are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST. " No, they certainly are not. I left a request to return my call in 1 hour. They called 7 hours later, long after I had left.

So OK, maybe this is just a glitch that can be fixed. I called their number again the next day and again left a request to call me in 1 hour. Meanwhile, I place the order a second time and, once again, my bank immediately approved the credit card transaction and placed an authorization hold on my account. This time Lenovo returned my call in 3 hours. I explained what had happened to the very nice Customer Service Rep. She looked at my transactions, verified that the first had been cancelled, and confirmed that there were absolutely NO PROBLEMS with the second. 

4 Hours later, Lenovo cancelled my second order. All I have to show for my efforts are two large authorization holds that reduce my available credit. Lest anyone think the credit card was the problem, let me remind you that my bank immediately approved both transactions. I conclude that it is simply not possible to buy a P52 from Lenovo at this time, so Bye Bye Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete