07-14-2010

San Diego

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 9

Lenovo customer service center - Georgia Atlanta

2010-07-14, 18:08 PM

I've been "discussing" my case with the Georgia Atlanta customer service for the last two months with very disappointing results. I originally reported a "one high pitch metallic click after which the computer freezes." The first service reps guessed that it's probably a fan and let's get it fixed before you warranty is up in about a month. Unfortunately he also wrote that I complained about a fan being noisy… which was not the case but somehow it got written down as that and I only learned about that when I got my computer back. So, I ship my computer off and get it back in a few days (pretty impressive) but the first time I boot it up it does the same exact things - clicks and freezes! Before I do anything, I look at the return receipt that clearly states "All repairs are warranted for 90 days or the remaining term of your service coverage, whichever is longer", so I figure that since I'm in the middle of going to Europe for two weeks on a business trip, and at the same time moving  from MA to CA, I'll handle this after I get settled in my new home state. I knew my original warranty will run out during that time, but since it’s clearly stated that I have 90 days to get back with complains about the fix, I can wait. Little did I know.....

Now I've been on the phone probably for eight hours during the last month, getting that typical runaround trying to explain my case to people who in general seem nice and understanding, but can't really make any decisions. All they keep repeating is that my warranty is out. Yeah, if you would have fixed the real problem in the first place instead of jumping to conclusions (least expensive fixing option, I bet) then we would not need to have this discussion. In general it takes about 15 minutes to get them to understand the situation, and then 10 minutes of waiting for the escalation. I've escalated the case before but when no one was available, I was given a promise that the manager will call back... nothing.. I've kept calling back about once a week and then finally last week I get someone on the line after three escalations (never got that far before!) He actually seemed to understand that they originally fixed a wrong thing and says that they should probably replace the HD instead of the fan. Now this makes more sense to me! Finally, someone who seems to know what he is talking about AND can make decisions! So, he says that I should get a new shipping box delivered to me the next day and that they would finally take ownership of the problem and it for good. They do seem to have a policy for doing even if the warranty has run out. For a moment I felt great – yeah, I knew I could trust Lenovo! Little did I know... again....

So, a week after, there is no box, no call, nothing from Lenovo and I decided to ruin my morning again and call back. This time I get the same story, your warranty is out, and you have to pay. Whatever happened to completing your job? Anyway, I've been given the same story multiple times, and every time I have to explain the big picture and ask to talk to a supervisor. This time I get an exceptionally aggressive representative who keeps interrupting me and talking over me time and again. He also asks me who did I talk with last week who promised to fix the thing. Of course I had not taken the names down.. **bleep** it, I should have! So, I finally get him to escalate, and the first thing his supervisor, James, wants to tell me, is that my warranty is out.... yes, I know the story. So, having learned from the last time, I ask for his last name. Oh boy, little did I know! Stay away from last names! James tells me that he's going to hang up if I don't listen. C'mon now, your employee just taught me that I should ask for a name, so that's what I do. And James hangs up on me....

I really don't know what to do now. I've been promised call backs, fixes, boxes, but magically nothing happens and every time I should start from the square one. Should I keep using my lunch hours for this as the re-repair people are conveniently there only during the weekdays and business hours, or should I keep using more of my work time for this? Hmmm.... are they trying wear me out? If anyone has any advice on what to do, please let me know. Also, are there any discussion forums where I should  post my comments?

I've been a big Lenovo fan for last 15 years, have owned probably 10 of their laptops, mostly paid by my company. I even went out of my way to buy one of their overpriced (compared to similar performance from other companies) laptop when I got laid off, just because I liked the design. Now I can't get that one fixed.... gladly I'm back in work so it's not end of the world for me. However, I feel I've finally gotten a reason to switch to another brand. I'm also in a position to choose what I use as my work machine, and what my engineers use. Guess which brand we will not be using here. To be honest with everyone, I have not had to deal with other manufacture’s service centers, but they can’t be more frustrating than Lenovo.

I just wanted to share my story to others who might google "Lenovo service center" or "Lenovo service quality", or "Buying Lenovo", or perhaps "Lenovo quality", or "Lenovo laptop", or "Lenovo warranty." So, here's the summary:

- Lenovo product quality has degraded since the company was sold (just my opinion as a long time user)

- reserve a lot of time for service center calls to Georgia Atlanta

- prepare for some attitude, which they will of course deny by repeating “I have no attitude, I’m just telling you how it is”, on top of what you are saying. What was the definition for attitude again?

- they will not call you back even if they promise. Seriously, don't fool yourself, they will not. Nope.

- they'll fix the first thing a phone rep things might be the problem (cheapest fix option I bet - like if your computer freezes, it must be the fan... yeah right.)

- make sure they write your complaint down as you describe it, not their guess for the fix

- the 90 day warranty they claim to give you for their fixes is not exactly 90 days... you'll hear the explanations over and over again, but somehow it does not state that in the paper you get with your "fixed" computer

- be prepared that they will keep assigning you new case numbers, and don't really seem to keep track of the previous ones since you will have to explain the same thing time after time. They even claim they can’t see the case details if it has been escalated. Seriously, take notes and write things down.

- don't ever ask for their last names... somehow you should still know their name since they will ask you that the next time you call. It's kind of like Lenovo catch 42.

- don't buy Lenovo, you can get the same performance with higher quality from other brands (my opinion again)

- share your experience with your friends

Case numbers: 20TRK3L, 23PDJW5, 23PF3K4

Options

37 Posts

05-18-2010

USA

312 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Views: 1597
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo customer service center - Georgia Atlanta

2010-07-14, 19:55 PM

Wow, i'm sorry about this all. Let's get started at square one, and yes, i did read the whole msg ^_^ but to start, i'm sorry that your recent experience has detered you from your previous fervor for lenovo machines. I want to get this started and fixed for you. now the machine was last in the repair center (or at least according to our files) in may. That entitles you to the 90 day fix, which i can process myself.

I checked the repair logs and it does seem they got point A. completed and replaced what they thought was the primary issue based on the information listed in the service call. Now i'm going to have another service call created, we'll bypass tech support, and i'll make sure that this case, once it comes in, is in my personal care. It's what we call a RADE or Return After Depot Event. I'll get this sorted out for ya. I will personally MAKE SURE that the box gets to you. I'm going to PM you the Address we have on file for you, just to confirm we have the right info. Once i have this case created i will also PM you the Case number, and when a tracking number rears it's head, i'll get that off to you as well.

I'm going to be completely honest, they way your case was handled in the past is not sitting right with me, and i want to see this handled. Whether you continue to use lenovo/ibm products or not.

My name by the way is Michael Fletcher and i'm out of Colorado. If you need i can provide you my contact number, but that's just if you want to actually speak about this issue. Look out for the first PM confirming your address.

Options

2 Posts

07-26-2010

Alabama

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 9

2010-07-27, 21:02 PM

If you are willing to help another person who is experiencing HORRIBLE customer service, please contact me ...

I have a long drawn out story but will not bore you with it.

Got a new W510 on 7/2/10 ... started freezing up on 7/7/10 ... and still not resolved ... mother board on order since 7/9 ... robo calls telling me it has been delayed ... now they want to get me new computer ... another 3 to 4 weeks of basically being out of business ... if I hadn't already loaded all my stuff ... I'd change suppliers ...

I need to communicate with someone who cares and will actually communicate to me what is happening.

I even tried calling corporate but the # listed is not correct.   I was promised yesterday that a customer service supervisor would call me ... still waiting ... I really don't know what to do.

Options

112 Posts

04-03-2010

's-Hertogenbosch

2664 Signins

6236 Page Views

• Views: 6236
  • Message 4 of 9

2010-07-28, 19:24 PM

wrote:

- Lenovo product quality has degraded since the company was sold (just my opinion as a long time user)

- reserve a lot of time for service center calls to Georgia Atlanta

- prepare for some attitude, which they will of course deny by repeating “I have no attitude, I’m just telling you how it is”, on top of what you are saying. What was the definition for attitude again?

- they will not call you back even if they promise. Seriously, don't fool yourself, they will not. Nope.

- they'll fix the first thing a phone rep things might be the problem (cheapest fix option I bet - like if your computer freezes, it must be the fan... yeah right.)

- make sure they write your complaint down as you describe it, not their guess for the fix

- the 90 day warranty they claim to give you for their fixes is not exactly 90 days... you'll hear the explanations over and over again, but somehow it does not state that in the paper you get with your "fixed" computer

- be prepared that they will keep assigning you new case numbers, and don't really seem to keep track of the previous ones since you will have to explain the same thing time after time. They even claim they can’t see the case details if it has been escalated. Seriously, take notes and write things down.

- don't ever ask for their last names... somehow you should still know their name since they will ask you that the next time you call. It's kind of like Lenovo catch 42.

- don't buy Lenovo, you can get the same performance with higher quality from other brands (my opinion again)

- share your experience with your friends

Funny, I live in the Netherlands and can relate to most of the above dealing with Lenovo support over here.

I you call support they tell you they can't do anything and even worse they tell you lies all the time.

Options

2 Posts

08-10-2010

manchester

8 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 5 of 9

2010-08-11, 12:33 PM

I just bought a lonovo g550 laptop I have been trying for a week to connect it to my wireless network without sucess we have a desktop and other laptops that connect fine. I had a 40 min wait on the phone to lonovo customer support the adviser started off by saying he did not know enough about wireless networks. He went on to say there must be a fault with my router and to contact the manufacturer it was clear he wanted me off the line. he never asked me any details about the laptop and he refused to give his name. I really like the laptop but I am not willing to keep it if i cant connect wirele wireless. I have noticed looking at the forums this is a very common problem with these laptops and the readycomm software need sto be deleted this i have done and still no connection.

If anyone can help please call me or email me send me PM.

Regards

Graham.

edit : personal information removed for your own protection.

Options

3 Posts

01-09-2018

US

9 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 6 of 9

2018-01-09, 22:20 PM

To lastlenovo and others on this forum discussing bad service from the Atlanta center....I have a similar situation. I have a 4-year next day on-site repair plan. But today my X250 laptop has been out of commission for a month.

I also have been a loyal IBM/Lenovo customer for 10 years with purchase of four laptops and a tower. All maxed on HD capacity, memory, and speed. I was a very happy IBM/Lenovo customer until this past month.

This is what I experienced since the computer sudden shutdown a month ago...

• Numerous phone conversations with technical support. Each starting a new ticket and seemingly starting from scratch.

• Two visits by on-site technicians. They replaced parts. But left scratching their head.

• Shipped machine to Depot where more parts were replaced.  It came back, still broken.

• Elevated technical support. There were three Atlanta elevation status personnel, A, T, and J, each passing the case over to the next.

• Each technical support person I spoke with and Depot had a different idea of what is wrong and how to fix it.  

• Finally Mr. J pushed the case up to management. I was contacted by R.

Mr R raised my hopes. He agreed that the problem should have been elevated and resolved more quickly. After reviewing the case he decided to replace the machine. X250s are no longer manufactured so he promised an X270 as good or better than the X250. He gave me his direct phone line.

That was last week. He said he would get back within a day to confirm replacement details. But I heard nothing more. I left two messages on his voice mail. Have not heard back.

What am I to do now? I am searching for a higher level contact in the organization. It is a pity that after so many years of believing the Lenovo line is the best for my business (and business users in general) it has come to this.

If anyone at headquarters sees this, please give me a call.  My contact details are registered with this forum and my Lenovo account.  Thanks.

Admin note; full names of employees / associates edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Ron
Options

9184 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32614 Signins

1205950 Page Views

• Views: 1205950
  • Message 7 of 9

2018-01-10, 14:22 PM

Hello Ron, welcome to the Community,

I understand that there had been some confusion concerning your email address causing mails to bounce and that this has now been resolved and that the case manager has since been in contact with you.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

01-09-2018

US

9 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2018-01-10, 16:47 PM
Yes he did. But that was a week ago,by phone. But no followup, no responses to the two messages I have left on his voice mail.
Ron
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2018

US

9 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2018-01-12, 21:49 PM
Finally connected with Mr R at Lenovo. He ordered a X270 replacement for my X250. This case is closed.
Ron
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete