Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-28-2016

Birmingham

36 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo... my worst experience ever!

2016-09-28, 18:14 PM

Hello everyone,

First I would like to apologize because English is not my first language.

So I have bought almost 5 laptops these last years (for me and family): 4 Asus and 1 Lenovo. The reason I have bought a Lenovo instead Asus (which I am really satisfied with) is because I did not find a good hybrid Asus model for my study. Then in January I bought a Yoga 700 14 inch from Lenovo. What a mistake!!! 

First of all... a big white dot in the middle of the screen. But also the intel graphic driver crashing everytime and the difficulty to get an update of the drivers. See my interventions in this post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga-700-failed-test-in-solution-centre/td-p/2194187

Anyway... last week I have decided to send my laptop to repair. It is still under warranty except than today I have received an email asking me to pay:

"After assessing your device, the repair center has deemed that a repair cannot be completed under the manufacturer’s warranty due to there is a  white imprint on LCD which is not covered in warranty.

Please find attached the cost estimate of £239.41"

I have precised that I have bought the computer WITH this defect... but it is like talking to a wall.

If I waited till now before send it to repairing it is because I needed a small laptop in urgence for my study. (My last exam was on 26 august). I simply could not send it before this month.

Now I am going to ask them to resend me my laptop without repairing. But for me Lenovo: never again!

So my advice to people who are hesitating between Lenovo and other brand... everything except Lenovo. I am really angry against them. 1200 euros for this? Problems after problems.

Does anyone have the same issues? 

Options

6 Posts

01-28-2016

Birmingham

36 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo... my worst experience ever!

2016-09-29, 7:12 AM

Here is the last email I have received from the "Worst Company" of electronic device. 

"Thank you for contacting us.

We have looked into this for you, whilst we understand it is frustrating unfortunately the fault that has been found is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and the quote would stand on this. If you do not wish to pay this we can send it back to you unrepaired for free. Please let us know how you would like to proceed."

Basically, this means that if you buy a Lenovo device and you find it broken, you are    . 

YOU have to pay for THEIR fault.

Trust me. I am a geek Spending hundreds hours on internet every month. Then I promise that I will spend hours to spread the word about Lenovo and I will give my views and opinions about my experience everywhere I can. This includes forums and specialized websites.

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.

Options

6 Posts

09-29-2016

United States of America

9 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 3 of 7

2016-09-29, 14:29 PM

I am totally frustrated with Lenovo support. My laptop stopped working (Yoga) in a month and I sent it for repair. As per case notes, they are waiting for parts. It has been a month now. Whenver I call, they say that it has been escalated and someone will call me back. No reply back..crickets

Options

6 Posts

01-28-2016

Birmingham

36 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2016-09-30, 13:17 PM

It is not only the support but also their products. I bought my laptop expensive to keep a peace of mind but my first Lenovo laptop turns to nightmare.

I have found 3 defects upon receipt of the laptop, right after the unpacking, the first day of the purchase. I never seen that in my life.

- a big white spot (about 8mm diameter) in the middle of the screen.

- the screen crash everytime. 

- the test of lenovo center crash because of processor faulty.

Lenovo NEVER AGAIN!! And thanks god I have already convinced one friend to not buy from Lenovo.

Options

6 Posts

09-29-2016

United States of America

9 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 5 of 7

2016-10-03, 4:44 AM

Is there a VP of services who can be contacted. In this age of social media, I cannot beleive if these forums are not monitored and responded.

Any email address, phone number, contact information ????

Options

1 Posts

10-04-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 6 of 7

2016-10-04, 0:28 AM

I'm really frustrated with my Lenovo Yoga Laptop.  SO many problems.  Here are just a few:

I'll be working on my laptop and all of a sudden my screen goes blank.  No error message.... nothing.  It never comes back.  I have to reboot.

Just recently, my computer freezes for no reason.  I'll be in the middle of an email and it freezes.  I can't do anything to fix it.  Not even control-alt-delete.  I have to reboot.

Another issue... whenever I'm in a program where there is a table (like excel or a registration page), the screen either magnifies everything or makes everything very small.  It's like I'm zooming in or out.  I'm not sure what causes it.  I even tried not to rest my hands on the laptop, but it still happens.

I don't think you should have that many annoying problems.

Options

4 Posts

08-17-2012

United States

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 7 of 7

2016-11-27, 17:11 PM

Read my post. You might feel better.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms