Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

09-13-2018

United States of America

56 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 1 of 27

Lenovo order delay, no time frame or help

2019-04-05, 15:58 PM

I placed an order with Lenovo on March 25, 2019, for a P330 tower. Before, during, and after customizing this system, it showed 3-5 business days shipping. Upon placing the order, the status page showed a shipping date of April 3. I contacted Lenovo on April 1, 2, and 3rd about when it would ship, as April 1 was 5 business days. I was promised during every chat it would ship out on April 3, with the chat rep I spoke with on the 2nd promising me overnight shipping. I also spoke with a supervisor April 2 who made these same promises.
These conversations and promises led me to believe it would be shipping on April 3. Late April 3, still seeing no shipping, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Later that night, I received an email saying it was delayed and would ship sometime in the next 30 days. I received a response from Corp Escalation on April 4 in regard to my complaint, and they informed me no dates are guaranteed, they would watch my order and I would get when I get it. That's unacceptable, and would be to anyone I believe.
I did mention I would be willing to discuss a different system but I am now getting no response from my case manager. I am amazed at how many lies I have been told and I can get no resolution to this issue. I do like Lenovo systems, but this has been the worst experience I have ever had with a technology company. I am hoping someone can help me out and get this resolved. I have the transcripts of the chats if needed.

Options

22 Posts

09-13-2018

United States of America

56 Signins

497 Page Views

• Message 2 of 27

Re: Lenovo order delay, no time frame or help

2019-04-05, 19:38 PM

Update: I received a call from Scott in escalations. He informed me that he has no idea why it is delayed, but I need to wait until Tuesday so we can discuss options, and he will "watch" my order until then, in hopes something happens. We can then discuss what to do on Tuesday. Are you serious??

After doing some research on my own, I have a suspicion the cause of the delay is the i7-8700 processor. When I ordered the system it stated 3-5 days, now if I choose that processor it shows 4-5 weeks. Why was this system sold to me when they had to have known they didn't have enough processors? Lenovo is supposedly advanced, but not advanced enough to compare the number of processors to the number of orders and figure that out? 

I asked about changing to the i7-8700K, even at cost to me (which it shouldn't be), but was told due to the assembly line, they would have to start over. So at least another 2 weeks to cancel and reorder. This feels like a joke, but it isn't, its Lenovo. 

Is their anyone out there that can actually fix this mess? My case number is 03954204.

Options

22 Posts

09-13-2018

United States of America

56 Signins

497 Page Views

• Message 3 of 27

2019-04-10, 23:24 PM

Finally came to an agreement with my case manager, and canceled the order for the P330 and ordered a ships same business day T530. Now the shipping on it is delayed until at least April 14. What is the problem Lenovo? Do you just not want our business? I want to buy your product, why are making so frustratingly difficult?

Options

2 Posts

10-03-2019

Malaysia

5 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 4 of 27

2019-10-03, 16:37 PM

I am also the same.. A week delay already. Please fix this.  I  am going to post until you fix it. 

Options

2 Posts

12-10-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 5 of 27

2019-12-10, 21:51 PM

I am experiencing the same. Lenovo after sales service is terribly bad, not even up to standard. No firm shipment date until you get it. I have wasted a lot of time dealing with their customer service on shipment and they are not helpful at all. We are considering other brand since Lenovo doesn't seems to care about our business. Bye LENOVO, good luck to your future.

Options

2 Posts

03-04-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 27

Re:Lenovo order delay, no time frame or help

2020-03-04, 1:19 AM
So I ordered this at the end of February. And I understand that it would take a few weeks to receive. I chose one of the "ready to ship" options. Well I took a look today and apparently it won't even ship out for 3 MONTHS. Why?
Options

1 Posts

04-24-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 27

2020-04-24, 12:46 PM
Ordered a thinkstation pc on March 27 was supposed to be delivered a week later. Then delayed to April 24 ship date now may 12. Spoke to a 3rd world customer service rep with roosters crowing in the background who argued with me about being able to contact a supervisor. No one knows where my PC is being built and how long it will take. Lenovo is truly second rate when taking care of it's customers. Looks like I will be cancelling this order
Options

1 Posts

05-14-2020

Australia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 27

2020-05-14, 1:48 AM

Terrible customer service, zero idea of where the laptop is, no idea if it is in Australia yet or still in China. 

Online shipping and tracking completely wrong.

Expeditors not even the courier company these days but still shown on the Lenovo website. 

Calls to customer service aggressive responses, zero help, zero care. 

Emails about arrival date complete lies. 

STAY AWAY - LENOVO HAS LOST THE PLOT !!!!! DO NOT ORDER ONLINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

4 Posts

05-20-2020

India

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 9 of 27

2020-05-26, 10:06 AM

Delay in delivery of laptop 

Options

1 Posts

09-02-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 10 of 27

2020-09-02, 13:02 PM

I placed an order for a laptop on July 27th. 

Received an email on August 6th that it would be delayed, but would be shipped within the  month.

It is now September 2nd and throughout the past month I have received no communication on the status or progress of the order at all.

None.

Zero.

IBM Owns a digital marketing product that enables it to pull data about it's customers and contact them automatically, even with scripted emails.

This requires no human interaction to be used once it's launched.  I would think with such a large employee base, owning it's own automated contact system,  and understanding the industry that IBM could figure out a way to contact it's customers when orders are delayed and send them auto-updates at least.  At least, an automated email that says something like "We are sorry, your order is delayed we are still working on it." would be better than taking over 1700.00 of my money and leaving me in the dark for close to 30 days.

30 days.. took the money, no response.  

Customer service is tough job,  it requires awareness and an investment in understanding how it impacts revenue.

I'm thinking that perhaps IBM is no longer interested in customer service at all for the individual. 

Maybe they have large contracts with industry and the personal computer business is just no longer a revenue generator for them.

I think what might be missed here,  is that many of these personal computers are purchased by employees of large companies, and when we are asked for our opinions on which hardware providers to use,  we will bring our experience to that discussion as well.

So, as of September 2nd...  no update. None. 

Laptop in black hole.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms