Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 743
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo refused to refund or replace a new model for me

I have contacted lenovo customer service for so many times regarding the repeating issues that I have with my bluetooth connection on my THINKPAD A475 device. I got my wireless card replaced for 3 times in 2 weeks already and also a keyboard replacement due to the cracking noise and stuck "TAB" key. The problem keeps happening even 3 times of on-site repair and also the keyboard they replaced for me also got problems already, the space key will register two times and the "BACKSPACE" , "ENTER", "SHIFT" are all making weird  cracking noise and they all feel completely different to other keys. I told them that I will not want to repaire and I want a full refund or replacement of new model that I prefer if I have the same problems again for the fourth time. I am completely frustrated  because they keep telling me that they will not refund me or replace my laptop if I cannot show them the tax invoice or receipt of purchase of this laptop. I told them that I do not keep it anymore  and they can send someone here to come  and pick up this laptop as it has serial number and all that. But still they refuse to do so and keep going back to the same question and answer and passing me to other customer service advisers.  I am tired of this infinite troubleshooting and my workflow has been completely ruined by this laptop. I hope the lenovo staff here who see this post will help me with this issue and delay no more. If I still can't get the solutions that I want then I will have no choice but bring this case to the court.

My laptop serial number is ********

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 630
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo refused to refund or replace a new model for me

Hello and welcome to the Community,

I've done some checking on this and it looks as though in your region a proof of purchase is a necessity for a refund but it will not prevent your system being repaired under warranty. I also see that you have accepted the offer of repair and that the system has been collected.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 623
Message 3 of 13

Yes, they have collected my laptop for a full diagnostic. They did not say it was a repair. They told me that they would try to replicate the problem that I have with this laptop and if they can't then they would not refund or replace a new model that I prefer.  when the lenovo support team came to my house 2 days ago I even showed him the bluetooth problem with my laptop and it was really hard to replicate the same problem unless you use it for several hours or longer for the problem to happen.  I even recorded everything in videos as proof.  But the engineer said that it might be because of windows problems then It got me thinking why only my model has all the problems but other laptops that have the same windows don't?   Also, they are very inconsistent as well. They always tell different stories to different people. For example, I told them that if my laptop still got the same problem for the third time then I really do not want it anymore and they agreed with it but then when i got a callback the other staff would say I agreed to a different solutiom which was infinite of troublshooting. 

As for the proof of purchase, I am really furious about it because not everyone would keep the receipt or tax invoice forever and I do not see why they cannot refund me when I am holding a legit Thinkpad. This is where Lenovo lacks when dealing with Thinkpad users. I am a business owner and I just cannot deal with these kind of problems every day and ask them to come and repair every single day! 

Anyways, they told me that they would give me an answer by tomorrow or Friday. 

Edited to comply with forum rules.  mod

Boogey
Paper Tape
Views: 567
Message 4 of 13

Just a random surfer here, not even a Lenovo customer yet, chiming in...

How is it that you're a business owner and don't understand the concept of receipts and/or holding on to receipts, especially for big ticket items, like computers, that seem to be crucial to your operations?

Every modern person who A. pays taxes and/or B. runs a business, knows you keep receipts around for 7 years (or so)... ESPECIALLY for big ticket items that are crucial to your operations... like a computer. Keeping receipts is really easy. Every year, just make a box or envelope labelled "RECEIPTS" and just slam them all in there. Emailed receipts are even easier, obviously.

If you wanted a refund on a product, how is a company supposed to know you actually purchased it? Maybe you stole it? Should they just automatically trust you, because you have a real Lenovo product in your hands? I can pick up my uncle's Lenovo right now, it's in my hands... so Lenovo should give me a refund?

Why would any company give a refund without proof of purchase?

popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 5 of 13

The reason why I dont have a receipt of this laptop is because I bought it from another user. So it came as used but it still has three years on-site warranty. You will ask why can't I just find the guy that sold this laptop to and ask him for the original receipt or whatsoever. The problem is I cannot even find him after he sold it to me. Second of all, if it is a stolen unit then the original user would have reported it as stolen and I wouldnt be using this serial number making a claim. 

Boogey
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 6 of 13

Well, consider that there are no laws mandating refunds... it's not a human right or citizen right. Refunds are just a marketing tool to bolster customer relations and, if not stipulated in the original purchase agreement agreed to by both parties, are made based on discretionary goodwill of a company.

In your case, you are not part of the original transaction; you have no original proof of purchase. So in theory Lenovo has no idea who you are or what happened to the laptop between the original purchaser and you. IMHO you're lucky the warranty is getting recognized at all, but I guess that is associated with the serial, and they have a database of serials, and they see the machine is only X years old and recognize a warranty claim from anyone, I suppose.

In my view, any attention Lenovo pays you is based on them just wanting to calm down someone using inflammatory language publicly. You blow steam and stomp your feet online, anonymously, on this forum and you get some attention from them. Meanwhille it's YOU who has dropped the ball a few times and is perhaps naive of certain things.

popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 540
Message 7 of 13

First off, the warranty would still work for whoever owns it because the warranty comes with the laptop but not the person and also it can be used worldwide.

Second of all, my country has small claim case which let us claim anything less than 5000$ which is around 1300 USD. The court is for people like me who fall into this grey area of law or policy. You are right with your comments but there should always be a law protecting whatever users wheather it is an original buyer or second-hand buyer.  Also, if this is a stolen unit then I have no rights by all mean to make this post or even do whine about it but since there is no report of theft and they respond to my case that means I have all rights to this laptop and the service that I am getting. Maybe things work differently in your country but we care a lot about customer service in Malaysia and often time we pursue perfection in imperfection.  

popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 416
Message 8 of 13

Fed up with Lenovo Customer service

I have had problems with my Thinkpad A475 and Lenovo has been troubleshooting my laptop for over a month now. They decided to come and pick up my laptop last week to run a diagnostic and they found out that the bluetooth connection problems that I had was caused by currupted Windows 10 built in my laptop. So they fixed it by installing a new Windows 10 but when I asked them what am I gonna do if I decides to reset my laptop again? Their answer is that I have to install it from a flash drive.. I am extremely disappointed that they are unwilling to replace me a new laptop when they cannot guarantee me that I can reset my laptop without using any USB drives. I do not pay 3000 in my local currency for a Thinkpad that I have to boot or reset from an USB drive in the future. 

I am also very disappointed about the quality of their keyboards. When I first got it, it had a problem and then they replaced it and I had a problem again with the space key registering two times sometimes. Okay they checked it and said it had no problems but they replaced a new keyboard for me anyways. I really wonder how many problems I have ro go through again before this business laptop can be used for my business. My whole workflow has been ruined and also the reputation of Thinkpad and Lenovo customer service as well. I am just doomed from the moment I bought this laptop. None of my work has been done...what a joke!!

The serial number of my laptop is ********. I hope someone that still cares about their customers would help me get a replacement if I cannot get a refund. 

Admin note: post merged with existing thread

popkahchin
Punch Card
Views: 314
Message 9 of 13

Endless useless diagnostics and repairs from Lenovo

My laptop model is A474 thinkpad and my laptop serial number is ********.

My laptop had been undergoing more than 1 months of diagnostics and repairs from Lenovo engineers. 2 times on-site wireless card swap and 2 times on-site keyboard swap and also 1 time diagnostic test from Lenovo engineers which they held my laptop for more than 2 weeks.They said my laptop does not have any problems after they put a new windows 10 in my laptop and told me that It was because of the corrupted windows 10 file and they also gave me an USB drive to boot from if I ever want to reformat my laptop in the future. 

I got my laptop back yesterday and the same problems with the " Spacebar" registering two times. It happened so many times after I typed some documents out. I tried to format my laptop with the USB stick they provided me but the same problem still happens. The second problem is the bluetooth connection. It would connect to all my devices and it will not work at all. I have been telling this problem to the incompetent engineers but they kept telling me that they could not replicate the problems hence no replacement of a new model for me. I even recorded so many videos and showed them but they do not care. Here are two links of two of the videos that I recorded yesterday and today respectively. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgMnBH2B0QT9yt2AvKJGc3f90eibWa_E/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a54Dx2zgeRmxqGXVzGJ_sxli5pQHGJVc/view?usp=drivesdk

I really hope someone that has a higher position in Lenovo can tell them to just give me a replacement rather than telling me to accept the endless repairs as this has been going on for more than 1 month already. If the moderators here cannot help me then I will just bring this case to the court by next week.

Admin note: post merged with existing thread

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 248
Message 10 of 13

Hello popkahchin!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this situation may have caused you. Kindly PM me your full name, phone number and email address to escalate the case to our regional team. 

Hassen_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors