Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hliu2000
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo refuses to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

I bought Thinkpad T580 laptop in less than 6 months and used in a  normal  environment (always on the desk in my home).  I sent in for repair since I got a black screen with color lines.   Lenovo indicated  it had crack screen (I could not tell with my naked eye)  and they are not covering my screen replacement  under warranty.  They accused me of  Customer Induced Damage (CID).  It is disppointing  that Lenovo can  not  stand behind their product and stand behind their promise to customers (warranty).  Lenovo advertises the Thinkpad T580 as following on their webside:

"We test ThinkPads against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero-gravity to spills and drops, you can trust your T Series device to handle whatever life throws your way."

I disgree with their statement and  not going to pay $725 to fix my screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 115
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo refuses to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

This seems simple.  Either it is cracked or it isn't.  If it is cracked, someone cracked it.  Iff it isn't cracked, it should be a warranty repair.  If you think it isn't cracked, ask for a second opinion.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
hliu2000
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo refuses (then accepted) to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

I am happy to report the issue has been resolved by Lenovo.  Their manager  reviewed  my case and quickly  informed me that they would repair the LCD under warranty.  Lenovo was gaving me the benefit of doubt and  extending their halping hands to their customer.  They care their customers and have definitely earned my trust now.   When I shop for my next computer, I will get another Lenovo and  the  accidental insurance as well.   Kudos to  Leveno management!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors