Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradleyMarchant
Fanfold Paper
Views: 645
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo refuses to replace my 1 month old laptop also refuses to refund my money

Bought my laptop one month ago and yesterday it black screened and is just a paperweight now. Lonovos only solution to selling defective computers is to repair them. What I couldn't get them to understand is that I don't want a broken and repaired laptop, that's not what I paid for. I paid for a no defective computer. You cant give me a broken machine that you band-aided for the same price as a new machine. I just want a replacement or my money back. I feel as if I'm getting screwed over big time here, and that's not how a company should do business. Don't sell me a lemon and then offer to fix it. I didn't want a lemon in the first place. I want what I paid for, a fully functional non defective machine. Lenovo refuses and is keeping the money. Lesson learned.

angelonm198
Punch Card
Views: 463
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo refuses to replace my 1 month old laptop also refuses to refund my money

small claims court. I might be heading there myself..

BradleyMarchant
Fanfold Paper
Views: 434
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo refuses to replace my 1 month old laptop also refuses to refund my money

I don't see how this isn't considered theft...
The worth of the laptop I bought is considerably more than the worth of the laptop they are sending back to me.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 416
Message 4 of 7

Hmm can you explain the situation, like how do they not want to replace or refund your laptop? If it's a manufacturing defect then they should replace or repair it.

Do you have a warranty with you? How did it got black screen? Maybe there is a way to fix that instead.
BradleyMarchant
Fanfold Paper
Views: 404
Message 5 of 7

Called customer service to get a "return approval" as suggested by the manager of best buy. The manager said that it was a common practice and companies issue return approvals all the time. Lenovo customer service rep looked up the serial number and told me it was a common hardware problem for that model. Refused to give me a return approval and only offered to fix it. Black screened due to fan shorting out and over heating the machine. I just want my money back.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 356
Message 6 of 7

Hello Bradley, welcome to the Community,

If you could perhaps state which system you have and more detail about the black screen event perhaps it will be possible to diagnose and fix the issue without a need for service; just as a possible example the 1803 update has in some circumstances caused similar issues.

Also it would help if you could post your order number please.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 346
Message 7 of 7

Well he said fan shorting out and laptop machine being overheated, it's definitely a manufacturing defect on the laptop.

May we also know the model of your Lenovo Laptop?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors