Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjonmah
What's DOS?
Views: 266
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo's terrible customer service.

I ordered a Y50 in June and it arrived to me around the beginning of July with a malfunctioning screen.

I go through the phone technical support which was not able to solve the problem. This process was dragged on for most of July but by the end of the month I was able to initiate the RMA process and send the Y50--a brand new laptop--in for repairs.

I later receive a message from a technician on August 5 explaining to me that they found the malfunctioning component, but they do not have the replacement part in supply and that the part was estimated to be shipped to them on Sept 11. I found it incredibly silly that I have to wait so long for what was supposed to be a brand new machine so I made many calls and was directed to and from the US and back to Canada on the phone until someone finally said that they will contact my case manager (Cris).

Cris contacted me on August 13, and told me that I can get a replacement rather than wait for the repair. Cris told me that unfortunately the Y50 is not in supply at the moment but she could offer me the Y50 Touch which was available as an alternative. I consented that this was a fair compensation and told Cris to please begin the replacement process. Cris said that I should expect the laptop to take 3 weeks to get to me.

Fast forward 4.5 weeks later, I had received nothing so I contact Cris again and she then tells me that "looks like there are delays" (no kidding), and "currently, there are no Y50 Touch models available" and that there are Y50 models available and asked if I would like that instead. This was truly the last straw. I paid for the Y50 in June and it is now the middle of September. Lenovo has my money and I have no laptop.

For what reason, that I cannot interpret otherwise, is Lenovo is purposely taking me around in circles? You cannot convince me that a company as big as Lenovo is indefinitely out of stock for their products, with someone assuming the role of a case manager not being able to know when a machine is available. Every experience from beginning to tech support, to case manager and on and on has been ridiculous. Ridiculous. 

I will never recommend Lenovo to anyone.

Moderator comment: Private information of Lenovo employee(s) removed. Community Rules.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors